Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Herceg
Regular User

Default things that piss me off when trying to take pics

What do you hate more: someone/something that gets in the way of that awesome shot, a security guard acting all big and pushing you around ,seeing a nice car and having your camera dying on you or having a guy blow by without you getting a chance to pull out the camera? You pick, add more i forgot a couple so you decide
Herceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

how about having a shitty camera that couldn't take a night shot to save the world?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 10:43 PM   #3
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I sometimes hate being too shy to take a bazillion pics of someone's car on the street. You never know what the owner might think, or who he might be, especially if he has a really nice car. Other than that, I love photography and hate nothing about it.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #4
DeMoN
Regular User

Buying a camera, using it for 50 pics top (most ebay products) and never using it again...

Oh and also, not having another camera to picture the camera I mentioned above, and use that camera to take pics of the other camera, ultimatelly ending in the eBay sale of BOTH!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:06 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
I sometimes hate being too shy to take a bazillion pics of someone's car on the street. You never know what the owner might think, or who he might be, especially if he has a really nice car. Other than that, I love photography and hate nothing about it.
albiet, im pretty lazy about posting my own pictures, ive never had a bad experience when the owner 'catches' me taking pictures, also, they have never said no ... just ocasionally 'can i be in the shot!' or 'oh no, as long as im not in the picture'

[runningpun]sure, it takes some balls to go up with a camera... but it takes an ass to ruin the event... which makes it pretty gay when that happens... but until you take your shot, you are just a pussy[/runningpun]
Old 04-12-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
I only ran into one occasion of this. And it wasn't the owner that told me to go away. it was the truck dirver who was carrying the Ferrari 365 i posted back in september.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:06 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

I hate when ppl get in the shot because they don't understand what you want to take in your picture. Sometimes to have a clear shot with nobody in it I had to wait up to 5 minutes. In some places like Monte Carlo or any busy street it is almost impossible, but when there isn't much ppl around and then a loony, despite seeing me crounching and aiming, pops up and start looking inside the car, it really makes me mad.. it happened with a white Diablo by the lake some weeks ago.. 5 guys came, I am SURE they noticed I was taking pics, and without even say something they were suddently all around the car screaming stupid shit (they were spanish so I didnt understand much).. and well, if only I had a rifle :roll:

In town it's ok to have ppl inside the picture, but when the car is well placed in a less populated area, definitely not

I also hate to come back home, sure I took good pics, to find out 50% of them were blurry because of the "polarizer filter / not enough light / no tripod" combo :roll: it happened some time ago :roll:
Old 04-12-2005, 04:21 AM   #8
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
how about having a shitty camera that couldn't take a night shot to save the world?
i totally agree

other than that, i just worry about the owner seeing me taking pics, since you never know what will happen.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:29 AM   #9
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
Buying a camera, using it for 50 pics top (most ebay products) and never using it again...

Oh and also, not having another camera to picture the camera I mentioned above, and use that camera to take pics of the other camera, ultimatelly ending in the eBay sale of BOTH!
use a mirror :idea:

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:49 AM   #10
saadie
Regular User

well .. im only out at night .. and all the nice ppl bring out their nice cars at night ... and my cam cant take pics at night .. so it sux being not abt to take pics of cars at nite with a shitty camera tht cant take pics at night .. so taking pics at night with my shitty camera dosnt work .. so i miss out on all the fun ...
i even had a 535i in black right in front of me after just one months of release
yesterday i saw a c200 kompressor, Rx8 and the brand new accord :cry: 0X 0X
Old 04-12-2005, 05:17 AM   #11
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
That's the worst one.

If somebody is in my way and if that person is not the owner, I just tell them to get out of the picture. Never got any complaints....

The last time that happened was at the gas station, when I took pics of the 308 gts. Some guys were crawling all over the car.....

There were 4 of them and when I told them to move they were going like:

wtf, who are you? And I looked at them in silence for about 3 seconds and they moved.... I was a bit scared but the bluff worked. It usualy does....

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:31 AM   #12
saadie
Regular User

behold .. mazda Rx-8

edited version ..

:cry:
Old 04-12-2005, 07:42 AM   #13
ARMAN
Regular User

Seeing Carrera GT, Enzo or Zonda and realizing that you have no camera... at all

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #14
crayzayjay
Regular User

Seeing a classic 911 2.7RS for the first time ever a few hours ago and not having a camera to take a pic :x

I also hate it when you see a stunning car on the road - usually one you've never seen before - and a bus or truck stops in front of it, then moves off in the same direction and at the same speed as the car so you don't catch another glimpse... Irritating.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #15
possessed_beaver
Regular User

i hate it when im going to take a photo of a passing car, or something that only has a few second window to take the picture, and i turn my camera on and it's in MOVIE MODE.. not happy

also when i have left the camera on long shutter from the night before and i will go the next day to take a picture, and i only get this white bright light...
and when i fuck up the iso setting and have alot of white dotty pictures...
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote