Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #31
saadie
Regular User

do mention the photoshoot with the 430
and all the awsome cars yea get to testdrive ...
and if hes got a murcielago ... show im arround with yea in the driveing seat ..
Old 04-15-2005, 05:55 PM   #32
adamwich
Regular User

Congratulation komotar!

Does anyone know what Maximillion did before he started the gumball rally? I guess you need a lot of money to organize such a thing!
Old 04-15-2005, 05:59 PM   #33
Anonymous

Originally Posted by adamwich
Congratulation komotar!

Does anyone know what Maximillion did before he started the gumball really? I guess you need a lot of money to organize such a thing!
He was a racing driver, but i think he wasn't gonna make it to the top level so decided to do something else, i really don't think he was/ is astoundingly rich
Old 04-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #34
ikon2003
Regular User

Awesome Opportunity Komotar!!! This should be a very memorable event for you.

Hm, what would I ask him.....

- Gumball, and "street-rally" racing in general, has a very dichotomous reputation: On one side, you have a very large following of car enthusiasts, and on the other you have government officials etc denouncing the sport as "dangerous, reckless, and stupid" etc etc. How do you handle this reputation? What do you do to promote the good side of racing, and ensure that it remains a safe event with minimal accidents, while simultaneously maximizing the thrilling aspects? (you can evolve this question into personal philosophy or outlook on life in genral too....that wouldn't be too hard, but it depends on how in-depth the conversation gets....)

- 5 years from now, where do you see yourself? What are you doing and how has the Gumball + your life in general evolved? Howbout 10 years?

- If you had to describe Gumball in 1 word, what would it be?

- (Maybe as an ice breaker, or just a less serious question...to lighten up the situation) So how often do you, personally, break the speed limit on a daily basis? (Make sure he kno's ur kidding...the way he answers this question will give you an idea as to how serious or how open he is to questions. That way you will know how to frame the rest of your interview/meeting)

Anyway, those are just a couple off the top of my head. It's been a while since i've looked at gumball, so i'm not up to date on any specifics you could ask.

Hope the meeting goes well, and keep us all updated!
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:47 PM   #35
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
No offense, but why does this excite you..

Its some assclown with too much money who thinks the law doesn't apply to him and runs a poor excuse for a car event.. If he were anything special he would be on a race track, rather then endangering other people..
My thoughts exactly.

Besides - the original Cannonbal Trphy Dash was a low profile, no cost event with nothing in common with the current events. Maybe I just have a thing against celebrity - whats the point...

Like spending next months rent to go watch a sporting event to see your "hero" - who will pocket more money per second of play than you make ina year...

I never got the fantasy of "oohhh... my boss drives a $1,000000,000000 car - I washed it at lunchtime" stories.

I would rather want to know why the hell he is not paying me more...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 08:32 PM   #36
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
No offense, but why does this excite you..

Its some assclown with too much money who thinks the law doesn't apply to him and runs a poor excuse for a car event.. If he were anything special he would be on a race track, rather then endangering other people..
My thoughts exactly.

Besides - the original Cannonbal Trphy Dash was a low profile, no cost event with nothing in common with the current events. Maybe I just have a thing against celebrity - whats the point...

Like spending next months rent to go watch a sporting event to see your "hero" - who will pocket more money per second of play than you make ina year...

I never got the fantasy of "oohhh... my boss drives a $1,000000,000000 car - I washed it at lunchtime" stories.

I would rather want to know why the hell he is not paying me more...
For your information I do not think he promotes driving fast. Anyway I dont think driving fast is endagenring other people. Its dicks with coffee cups in their hands and assholes who drive under the infuence, and pricks who just plain dont know how to drive who endanger other people.

You have to know the limits of your car, the limits of the highway and having awearnes of other people on the road.

Tell me at what speeds most accidents happen.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:55 PM   #37
RC45
Regular User

^^^ I drove along with the Gumballers when they came through Houston a couple years ago - and believe me, the fast guys drove like absolute mad fuckers...

I am sometimes a reckless and crazy driver behind the wheel, and if engrossed in a 1 on 1 may duck and dive and take a few chances ... but the guys with the 911TT's (LonMan and some other chaps) and a couple of the other fast guys are really mad fucks.

3 lanes of midday traffic and these guys passing on the left and right shoulders etc is pretty dangerous..

While the official face is "it's not a race" - he encourages the crazies as much as they encourage themslves.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:31 AM   #38
Anonymous

Originally Posted by RC45
^^^ I drove along with the Gumballers when they came through Houston a couple years ago - and believe me, the fast guys drove like absolute mad fuckers...

I am sometimes a reckless and crazy driver behind the wheel, and if engrossed in a 1 on 1 may duck and dive and take a few chances ... but the guys with the 911TT's (LonMan and some other chaps) and a couple of the other fast guys are really mad fucks.

3 lanes of midday traffic and these guys passing on the left and right shoulders etc is pretty dangerous..

While the official face is "it's not a race" - he encourages the crazies as much as they encourage themslves.
well of course we all tut the bad behaviour, but secretely or subconciously many of us watch the vids and enjoy them becuase of the naugthy drving Of course there will probably come a point when this will have to be reconsidered, i mean the guys in the viper nearly died last year, though that was caused by not adapting to the road conditions... i.e. SHIT :roll: . The spirit of gumball isn't all about speed IMO (go little 2cv! ), but it sure as hell helps the DVD and tv revenues
Old 04-17-2005, 09:10 AM   #39
graywolf624
Regular User

You have to know the limits of your car, the limits of the highway and having awearnes of other people on the road.
Given the performance they give on the dvd, and the way the number of accidents they've had.. They don't know it..

No speed doesn't kill, but weaving in tailgating does.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #40
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Given the performance they give on the dvd, and the way the number of accidents they've had.. They don't know it..

No speed doesn't kill, but weaving in tailgating does.
I agree, but to me it looked as if you and RC tried to make a point saying that speed kills........ohhh the internet :roll:
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #41
komotar
Regular User

ok, I just came back.

I'm soo tired.

I went to the racetrack yesterday. Owner of the magazine, also owns that racetrack...( got to ride shotgun in the 360 and a civic type r prepared for rallying, I'll explain everything on tuesday, I tooks pics, made a vid of everything...)

Today, I was driven in the new 997 S. Crazy.

And I interviued mr Cooper. The nicest guy I ever met. Ever. Smart talker, edjucated. Ex racing driver ( porsche cup, driven the Mclaren race car, and a bunch of other cars, he's an ex skateboarder, long time pall with Johnny Knoxville, Spike Lee....he is doing business with that actor Allen Brody, plus tons of stuff....)

He'll be driving a Zonda this year. Mr pagani asked him to.

And some of the cars: 3 enzos, 5 zondas, 9 carrera gt's.....

I'll have the full story for you in a few days.

My head is so full of information, I'm glad I recorded everything.

Next years rally. This is top secret stuff. starts in London and goes trough europe for the first 1000 miles. Then they get flown to asia and do the next 1000 miles there and then they go to USA and make the next 1000 miles there.

There is so many people coming this year.....50 cent will be traveling in 3 hummers.... The DC Shoes crew will be driving in 3 Imprezas painted in black grey and pink.

I got the Gumball the movie dvd, a gumball t shirt, top trump cards, 2 books desctibing the rally and a bunch of stickers....I will post pics of everything.....
but give me time because I lots to do right now....

Oh, I got to se the whole thing live when they come to Dubrovnik. I'll get the vip passes sent to me.

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:29 AM   #42
adamwich
Regular User

Sounds like the next rally is going to be amazing! 8)
Old 04-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #43
TT
Regular User

The supercars lineup seems impressive :shock:
Old 04-17-2005, 12:13 PM   #44
Apac102
Regular User

hahaha 50 cent with three hummers!! I hope they all break down. But nine cgts....whoa...I just got goosebumps.
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:13 PM   #45
nurbrun
Regular User

Holy shit those are quite the cars :shock: . 9 carrera GTs!!!! holy shit and 5 Zondas! thats just insane. it would be pretty hard to find your CGT if they were all the same colour