Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-17-2005, 08:11 AM   #1
Anonymous

Default Jeremy Clarkson wins MGRover "Man of the Year" :-)

Code:
http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=69549
LMAO, they aren't happy, as that thread indicates, yesterday he guest presented for the second time "Have I got News for You" a topical news quiz show in the UK, and inevvitably rover came up, of course its all Jeremy's fault!!! (for those who havent' seen it i have an avi of it, its a very funny show IMO, even if non UK people may not get every job)
Old 04-17-2005, 10:16 AM   #2
DeMoN
Regular User

i havent seen that plz can you give it to us?

EDIT - I suggest all of us here go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint.shtml (the complaint thing where rover fans are saying Clarkson sucks) and write that Jeremy is great and funny and he should get a raise. Im going to register to that rover forum just to bash them lol!
Old 04-17-2005, 11:00 AM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

I decided to Stirr up the conversation in that thread, so I registered there and wrote:

Originally Posted by JClarksonOwn3dU
I have just complaint too! Only that my complaint something like this:

"Dear BBC, let me tell you that I am well aware of a bunch of old ignorant fools that can't take criticism even if what has been said is correct. Many rover drivers (those from forums.mg-rover.org) have no life, (the fact that they own a Rover alone makes up for this premise) and decided to bash Jeremy Clarkson for what he said about Rover and the unemployment of their workers. What they don’t bother to think is that all those unemployed workers will get a better job. I mean, even fixing shoes will bring more happiness and success to their life. I much rather stand on a good pair of shoes that will take me from A to B than sit on a pile of **** that will probably stall mid way to point B. They do not agree with Clarkson’s thought about Rover being a bad company, but please understand that they have only driven crappy rover cars, therefore, they have no base for comparison to know how a good car feels and drives compared to their ****ty cars. As things are, Clarkson isn’t to be blamed; it’s the people who drive Rovers who are guilty for providing money to such a bad company to build more of the same ****.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
gucom
Regular User

LOL they'll love ya m8...
Old 04-17-2005, 12:14 PM   #5
DeMoN
Regular User

My IP got banned! God dammit, they removed my post. IF any of you guys is up for it, please register an accnt and post it there! Lets drive them crazy! I cant even read what they are posting =( All I know is first, they banned my ID and i had to re register. When I re registered, I saw that they removed my post so I registered and posted again... now my IP got banned and my post I suppose got removed.

Someone register and post =D All you need to do is QUOTE the post where I typed the message and you will get the whole text to which you COPY and PASTE there and post =D
Old 04-17-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
Anonymous

LOL they pissed me off with this comment

Originally Posted by patpending
I saw this too and was disgusted to see the "luvvie cabale" making cheap jibes against Rover.

Interestingly, the BBC complaints website doesn't require any data except "are you over 13"? so go for it, everybody, sticking to the facts!

pat
My reply
Originally Posted by AL123
LOL now do you really want to start this, posting loads of time from the same IP will be obvious if their It bods know anything, please stop acting like a child, or i will too and get every fan of TG i know on ya...... and i'm talking a 22000 member community, so we got you guys beat 2 to 1
Basically for every complaint of theirs we should have 2 praising clarkson
Old 04-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
DeMoN
Regular User

^ im up with Al123 even though he is Girly sometimes lol.

Those MOFOS deserve to die. So did anyone Post the message on their forum yet? Did they remove my posts? What are they talking about?

EDIT - I outsmart them! I found out an unsecure wireless connection =D Im on it right now. Its my neighbours connection. Imma use this new IP to post the wonderful message again =D here I go...
Old 04-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #8
gucom
Regular User

it says my account might have been disabled by the admin...and i havent even posted a thing yet! i dont suppose the name HAIL2JC would've had anything to do with it?
Old 04-17-2005, 02:08 PM   #9
DeMoN
Regular User

yes it does... Ive registered like 3 accnts with JC on or JEREMY or something related to that, it seems that there is someone with no life monitoring each new registered user. I had to put MGroverMG as nick and post fast. As soon as I posted, I got banned, at least 1 post of mine went in.

Register an accnt without Jeremy or Clarkson or anything bashing them as nick. just choose something not related and go there and post fast!
Old 04-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #10
blah
Regular User

I dont have a complaint, but i think the rover crew should stop crying. Clarkson is great, and he deserves a raise. Buy him a Kenne Bell Supercharger for his Ford GT.

Here is my complaint
Old 04-17-2005, 03:11 PM   #11
coombsie66
Regular User

HAHAHAHA, lol, good going DEMON.
It appears there is a sense of humor filter installed over on that rover forum. Rover has been dead in the water for years, finally it shall be put to rest. Unfortunate for the workers yes, but as has been said on the news the land that the factory is situated on will be redeveloped (as its owned by someone other than rover) which will yield many jobs. I guess the workers will have to learn how to do something different!

EDIT: Someone over there with a head screwed on:

Now I am in no way defending Clarkson, I really can't be bothered watching anything with him on it to be honest.

But I will say this, has no-one ever chuckled at a joke made at someone else's expense? I can think of a number of tragedies that have sparked off a load of gags.

The Shuttle Disaster
The Ethiopian Famine
The Michael Jackson court case
The Chernobyl disaster.

In many cases these jokes were at the expense of peoples lives, not just their livelihoods.

Don't rise to the bait, just take it on the chin, Clarkson will soon find someone else to pick on.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #12
mindgam3
Regular User

lol, those mgrover people are funny guys.... mgrover deserves to have the piss ripped out of them....

I mean in the daily mail i saw that one of the chairman was going to a meeting with Blair and someone else today... Blair and ther other person arrived in Jags.... the chairman took a rover although it wouldnt start so he was hours late - made me laugh
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:22 PM   #13
AlienDB7
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
Unfortunate for the workers yes, but as has been said on the news the land that the factory is situated on will be redeveloped (as its owned by someone other than rover) which will yield many jobs. I guess the workers will have to learn how to do something different!
But.... you DON'T want ex rover workers to build your house, do you?
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:10 PM   #14
gucom
Regular User

But.... you DON'T want ex rover workers to build your house, do you?
LMAO
Old 04-17-2005, 05:14 PM   #15
ARMAN
Regular User

Anyone have that show recorded?

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote