Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #1
crayzayjay
Regular User

Default Young guys and fast cars

A couple of weeks ago on anoter car site i frequent, a fellow moderator, and someone i consider a friend put up a thread with pictures of his friend's pristine GT3 RS. His friend is 23, and was having the car tuned. A few minutes ago he put up another thread saying that his friend had passed away in a car accident

I don't understand German but from an online translation of the following link, it seems he was driving much too quickly.

http://www.landsberger-tagblatt.de/H...id,447928.html

3 or so weeks ago, a friend from Dubai told me that his friend died in a Carrera GT in a very high-speed accident on the motorway. The guy was also in his early 20's

My driving has calmed down a lot over the last couple of years, and while news like this are tragic, they also make me thankful that i didn't have an overly powerful car as my first. Let's face it, i don't know one auto enthusiast who doesn't rate himself as an above-average driver, and while for the most part that may be true in terms of technique, or awareness, we are prone to getting carried away and doing stupid things. Especially when young. Young guys and supercars don't mix

Drive safe, everybody.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #2
sndr
Regular User

Oef that sad to here, Well at least im pretty safe in my dad's 110pk Laguna Break
Old 04-20-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
zr2man99
Regular User

My truck will only go like 105-110mph. But I do tend to drive too fast. You just got to know when you can drive fast, and when you should really slow down. Its probably good that I have a slow car, because I do tend to take risks.
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

As they say, average after 7 years of driving you become the driver who drives less-more safe cause you have enough knolege/practice. That what they tought us when we was making driver licence.

In the TV I saw a report(~2years ago) the guys bought Calibra, tuned it very well(DTM look) and went to shoot a vid on the roads, few minuted after they was both(I think he was with the buddy) dead
Another was accident, young guy got job, made money and from the money he spared he bought BMW, on the way home from the seller he probably was speeding - crashed and instantly died. They shoot hes dad coming and it was really hard to look what was his reactions, just imagine he had a son few minutes ago, and he is gone forever. The guy (dad) was just crushed and crying like a boy
And all this thanx to wrecles driving. Ofcourse it can happen that someone else do some crap, but now we are talking about something different.

After I had a crash, I was 5 seconds slower than the tram that saved me or I would be instantly dead, now my driving technic is to drive VERY careful where people/chldren can jump on the road(most of the city). Not too slow but damn careful in every situation.

Just few seconds can mean life, mine or someoneelse's. If mine its very bad, if someoneelse's - life is fucked cause its most of it spent in jail.

Drive careful.

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
gobs3z
Regular User

Well there's always that thought that your not living life till you risk, it means you don't no the boundaries of your own life unless you do life threatening activities like driving a car at high speeds(not neccessarily reckless). Being young you want to see what your limit is since thats your strongest point in life 18-30 years old. But it goes for sky diving and bungy jumping, it's just that cars have a higher likelyhood of hurting other people as well as the driver. There's a difference between crazy driving and stupid driving as well. I may be a crazy driver but never stupid.

P.S. It's good i don't have a faster car yet, my friend crashed his formula from going over a 2x4, he over corrected but he blames the car. :roll:

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 02:01 PM   #6
ARMAN
Regular User

Theres plenty of places where you can drive as you want, tracks, old empty parking lots, special clubs facility's... games

.................................................. .............................
Old 04-20-2005, 02:25 PM   #7
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

I don't agree with that, like in my case, I don't consider myself to be Schumi, but I try my best to drive focussed and still sporty without exagerating, that depends from person to person.
There are many young guys who have very powerfull cars and still they drive most of the time like old farts, again when I get my hands on a powerfull cars I tend to be extra cautious driving it untill I know the car better, most of the time I'll go to a big empty road or parking lot and do dumbshit there to know how the car reacts and whenever a similair situation can happen in the future I know how the car reacts and then I can regain control much better.

So yes drive safely but don't exagerate and annoy ppl with your slow driving.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
DeMoN
Regular User

German is starting to pay off... I understood a few things on there usch as the driver driving through a metal thing and he instantly died...

I must admit that I drive like crazy... fortunatelly I have less than 300 hp to have fun with.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #9
SilviaEvo
Regular User

that is really sad that he died :cry: :cry: :cry:

here is a pretty good translation

A 23-jaehriger man tightened itself fatal injuries at noon today with a traffic accident on A 96 with Igling (district Landsberg). The man was according to data of the police with his Porsche much too fast on the way and hit against a brueckengelaender. It was immediately dead. In addition there were today mornings two heavy traffic accidents in the district Augsburg, with which two men were heavily hurt. Against 11.45 o'clock occurred the deadly accident on the A 96 (driving direction Lindau), with which a 23-jaehriger man from the district Fuerstenfeldbruck died. After past determinations was it with its Porsche Carrera R-S clearly too fast on the way. It came on wet-with-rain roadway without foreign participation in centrifuges, hit against the right guard rail, over these was catapulted and pushed with the driver's side against a brueckengelaender. After information of the emergency lady doctor the driver was immediately dead. Due to clear circumstances the public prosecutor's office Augsburg did without a technical and analytic appraisal and arranged only a blood withdrawal. That only seven months old passenger cars was completely demoliert. The extent of the damage might be with approximately 100,000 euro. At the accident scene a five kilometer long back-up had formed, because only the left trace was free. After two hours the accident scene was vacated. Against 7.15 o'clock came it in the southern district Augsburg to an accident with high damages to property. A 54-jaehriger Porsche steering wheel drove on the distance between pure hard living and Strassberg. At an upward gradient it overhauled then a vehicle column with three vehicles, obviously turned out with recA shears in centrifuges and got to the left off the roadway, directly into an adjacent small forest. There it hit roof-laterally against a tree and remained with its vehicle hanging. The 54-jaehrige driver from the range Guenzburg suffered with the fact so heavy head injuries that it had to be flown with a helicopter to a hospital to Munich. Further persons did not come with the traffic accident to damage. At the vehicle a damage to property at a value of approximately 50,000 euro developed. Likewise this morning against 7.45 o'clock came it into Gersthofen (district Augsburg) to a heavy traffic accident. In the petrol cock route within the range of the post office freight center the driver of a twelve-clay/tone he truck turned to the left into a there gas station and obviously surveyed thereby an accomodating Kradfahrer. The motorradfahrer hit against the front right bumper side and suffered thereby heavy head injuries. The 42-Jaehrige from the northern district had to be driven with the emergency surgeon into the central clinical center to Augsburg. The 35-jaehrige truck driver (likewise from the northern district) suffered a shock. At the truck developed only small damage to property, the motorcycle has only scrap value
Old 04-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #10
BADMIHAI
Regular User

It's always sad to lose a fellow gearhead and to see such a rare car being destroyed.

A 54-jaehriger Porsche steering wheel drove on the distance between pure hard living and Strassberg.
That's a damn fine translation. It's so good, it has earned a place in my sig.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:28 PM   #11
ARMAN
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
A 54-jaehriger Porsche steering wheel drove on the distance between pure hard living and Strassberg.
That's a damn fine translation. It's so good, it has earned a place in my sig.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #12
blah
Regular User

im glad i didnt have a fast car two years ago. I would have killed myself. I dont have a fast car now, but im sure i wouldnt kill myself because ive seen enough people my age acting like jackasses. Lets go drift, comments like that. I live in a city of over 200,000 people. There is no room to drift.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:15 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: Young guys and fast cars

Originally Posted by crayzayjay
Young guys and supercars don't mix
The same is true for open class motorcycles.

There is a reason the saying goes :

You get old pilots... and bold pilots... but there has never been an old, bold pilot.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:20 PM   #14
DeMoN
Regular User

^yeah they do! Dont u like girls gone wild?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
^yeah they do! Dont u like girls gone wild?
Not sure what girls gone wild has got to do with being an unsafe driver/flyer who hotdogs any chance they get and dies.

Any professional pilot (and this includes military flyers) will tell you that their is no place for hot dogging... carelss people die.

Perhaps the comment should also read "Money/wealth does not equate to ability" ....
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote