Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-22-2005, 09:59 PM   #16
Sir_GT
Regular User

I agree completely with the 7 year comment somebody made... I've been driving for 8, and once did 210 kph on a motorway without being caught, and in all honesty, I will never ever do that again. I got lucky that time... not just with the getting caught bit, but because it was during a monday morning, and all the lorries were out.

One slip up, and that would've been it.

Race on the track, not on the street, as they say.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #17
Evo
Regular User

crayzayjay,

The guy who died in the Carrera GT died really badly...
I know so because he owns a really big garage shop and he also is the main dealer to some of the most exotic cars in the world like Koenigsegg, hamman and some other. here is his garage website.. http://www.quartermile.net/

The guy is 24 years old guy from india, he was racing his Carrera GT against his friend koenigsegg which was ahed at the time.. The story between the people say that the koenigsegg convertible roof flew so he wanted to move away from it's way and was a little bit to aggressive so it went side ways and hit the side wall doing well over 300 km/h then he his a light poll and that's when the car caught fire and started to burn the guy alive.

A friend of mine who is a friend of his went to the place in less than 10 min he said that he was unrecognizable his body and the chair he was sitting on was 1. He melted on it, and no pannel on the car is good.

Just saying this story again makes me really sad :cry:
Old 04-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #18
crayzayjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
crayzayjay,

I know so because he owns a really big garage shop and he also is the main dealer to some of the most exotic cars in the world like Koenigsegg, hamman and some other. here is his garage website.. http://www.quartermile.net/

The guy is 24 years old guy from india, he was racing his Carrera GT against his friend koenigsegg which was ahed at the time.. The story between the people say that the koenigsegg convertible roof flew so he wanted to move away from it's way and was a little bit to aggressive so it went side ways and hit the side wall doing well over 300 km/h then he his a light poll and that's when the car caught fire and started to burn the guy alive.

A friend of mine who is a friend of his went to the place in less than 10 min he said that he was unrecognizable his body and the chair he was sitting on was 1. He melted on it, and no pannel on the car is good.

That's exactly how i heard it. very sad

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #19
saadie
Regular User

very sad indeed ...
btw ... how in the world would the roof fly off ... the dude didnt fix it properly ?? or something ...
Old 04-25-2005, 11:58 AM   #20
crayzayjay
Regular User

That's what i would assume.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #21
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
crayzayjay,

They were talking about that on 6speed.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:10 PM   #22
crayzayjay
Regular User

Link?

Old 04-25-2005, 01:42 PM   #23
blah
Regular User

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=1

there you go.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #24
crayzayjay
Regular User

thanks

Old 04-25-2005, 09:19 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
he was racing his Carrera GT against his friend koenigsegg which was ahed at the time..
Well - considering this is real life and not PGR2 - maybe the message is don't do this kind of shit on roads that have obstacles around...

This is the reason tracks have sand traps and runoff and barriers.

It's a tragic loss of life - but hardly a "surprise accident".

Sometimes Darwin needs to cull the herd a little...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #26
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Ey at least he died high on adrenaline. Much rather die doing 300 in a Ferrari then die old an ugly....its tragic but its the way to die..............as twisted as that might sound/
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 12:08 AM   #27
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Ey at least he died high on adrenaline. Much rather die doing 300 in a Ferrari then die old an ugly....its tragic but its the way to die..............as twisted as that might sound/
id rather die having sex with Adrianna Lima and Vida Guerra at the same time. 8)
Old 04-27-2005, 06:03 AM   #28
Evo
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
id rather die having sex with Adrianna Lima and Vida Guerra at the same time. 8)
LoL..

Will take Blah way of death..
Old 04-27-2005, 07:09 AM   #29
crayzayjay
Regular User

I wouldn't. I'd rather drive at 300kmh and survive to tell the tale. The romanticisation of early death is not something i buy into. Dying at 24 isn't the way to go, you haven't lived if you die at 24. Not to mention the loved ones you leave behind and the effect your death has on them.

I'll take old and ugly, thanks.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:31 AM   #30
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

wow, what a sad story...many friend of mine have big cars !!! like astra turbo, Lancia HF, Audi S3, Leon Cupra... they have learned to drive with that cars, and of course they had big accidents..., not like this ...I learned to drive with a fiat uno 45 bhp, always running as fast it could, learning to drift, aquaplaning etc... then i passed to my mothers 65 bhp for twice month... now im with my 85 bhp Getz and sometimes my ftahers mitshu 160 bhp... now i take my friends cars in small circuits and i drive faster and more secure than them, and its not my opinion, its my friends opinion.

I think its better to learn with small cars and as time passes going to moe powerfull cars... and offcourse: CITY IS NOT A CIRCUIT !!!

RIP that very young guy !!