Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

View Poll Results: Do you believe in god?
Yes 43 52.44%
No 39 47.56%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2006, 06:29 AM   #76
asid631
Regular User

one thing...... how many ppl here think religion was invented by manto answer a few unanswered questions considering there isnt a spot on thjs earth where ppl have historically believed in a god.... to be honest the idea that diverse ppl across all believe in some sort of god independently of each other is at least some proof o god.... how come evry1 just startd believing in pretty much the same thjng...???

i personally think that take religion as a bunch of rules it should be taken as a relationship with god and truly try to understand hjs message myself and let others make of itwhrevr suits them...
asid631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:19 AM   #77
melahrinaki
Regular User

Good boy acmarttin, don't ever consider a tatoo! Now you will go to heaven!
melahrinaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:45 AM   #78
cooperluke
Regular User

Originally Posted by melahrinaki
Man... you're very confused.

You have a tattoo, then you go to hell, and you don't have a tattoo, you go to heaven??

Well, I have two options:

1 - You're just some kind of joker trying to make the christians look ridiculous with all things you said, because none of them have biblical basis.

2 - You're nuts... and you should consider psicological help.

Just BTW, do you pratice any kind of religion? Which?

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #79
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by cooperluke
Originally Posted by melahrinaki
Man... you're very confused.

You have a tattoo, then you go to hell, and you don't have a tattoo, you go to heaven??

Well, I have two options:

1 - You're just some kind of joker trying to make the christians look ridiculous with all things you said, because none of them have biblical basis.

2 - You're nuts... and you should consider psicological help.

Just BTW, do you pratice any kind of religion? Which?
He already said he was Christian, but I don't think he mentioned which sub-cult.

Your #1 option there is something I've been considering actually, maybe he's a joke from the admins
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:42 AM   #80
melahrinaki
Regular User

Maybe? hehehehehh
Old 11-01-2006, 03:41 AM   #81
acmarttin
Regular User

Do I still get to go to heaven
Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 AM   #82
melahrinaki
Regular User

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #83
DeMoN
Regular User

voting is prety even huh
Old 11-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #84
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

yeah.. i had no idea so many people are believers.. results are pretty even.. and nice number of voters too.. 79 so far..
thanks for taking a sec to vote guys.. interesting stuff..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #85
Sir_GT
Regular User

Can I just point something out...

The one book that's common the world's major religions (Judaism, Christianity/Catholicism, and Islam) is the First/Old Testament of the Bible (or Quran, or whatever it's called in it's own respective religion), and the answer is actually right there...

Nowhere in that text did it ever tell man to create a religion (in order) to serve "God".

Nowhere in that text did it tell us to be Jews, Catholics, Christians, or Muslims.

All that shit happened afterwards, when people (man) started writing their own interpretations and versions of the following books (New Testament to Christians/Catholics, etc.)

Needless to say, those who wrote the opposing texts disagreed with the other camp. Hence the following (or religion) was born.

Yet... and this is why men are called sheep... the followers of these religions looked to their "shepherds", instead of actually looking at the source of their shepherds so-called knowledge... which was in fact the First/Old Testament, which actually does not state that we need to be part of a following (Catholicism and Islam have laws that actually say that leaving or doubting the religion is a sin... how fucked up and authoritarian is that?)

There's also one more point...

...all those religions were "born" from the middle east. Notice that the traditional/ancient Japanese religions -greatly- differ in beliefs? What about the tribal ones? Like the native Filipino ones for that matter?

There must be at least a few thousand religions that have come and gone during mankind's stay on Earth... so who are we, (or who are "they") to say that a particular religion is "the one"?

I know I'm going a wee bit off-topic, but seeing as this is the closest amongst the recent threads, I decided to air out my opinions here.

IMO: Religion is the source of all of mankind's evil. Any religion, once it becomes an organized institution, gives birth to prejudice, hatred, indifference, segregation, generalization, greed, authoritarianism, and perversion.

All it takes is a general sweep of history to see that this is all true.

Believe in God, but don't believe in a religion.

People talk about banning things all the time... ban religion. Every single one. Once we have removed that 2000+ year-old dividing wall, we will gradually learn to accept each other for who we are... as equals.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #86
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Believe in God, but don't believe in a religion.
Exactly my feelings. You make some good points too. The only advantages that I see within some religious gatherings, is the community it develops, which I do think is good...as long as it remains there for the community's benefit and not for some other agenda. Unfortunately, it seems some people take to using religion as a tool or weapon using it as an excuse to start wars.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #87
nthfinity
Regular User

so, at what point is the governments of the world coming into my home, and my mind to see if i have religion?

banning religion isn't the answer; look at what happened in USSR... what is happening in China... etc.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:06 AM   #88
asid631
Regular User

though i agree with sir_gt quite a bit ... i dunt think banning religion would make much difference... true it has caused a lot of problems and it has become nothing more than a symbol .. an identity... but i guess if it is completely removed from society, people will build society or community in slightly other ways... race , nationality, language ... or even other beliefs like communism etc... all of which have blood on their hands.. the tianmen square in china and other offences by china and ussr ... kingdoms attacking others .. colonialism .. though some would argue that the above mentioned is not as much blood as caused be religion .. religion has been the oldest and hence the most abused..

now coming to the point of differnt religions.. well.. at least from islam's perspectives.... it maintains that there were 124,000 prophets sent to humanity from the God..... and that is think is very important that pretty much all religions talk of the one single God that he is omnipotent and all.. and then they say that other religions are wrong... and that there God is wrong.. i dont many ppl realise that religions started in an age where ppl were diffrnt .. cultures were differnt.. they were blessed with differnt things and had differnt problems and all such in completely differnt time periods.. and so slightly diffrent reveletions were sent to differnt ppl... but they all had one thing common.. that God is one... and so.. ppl I guess ppl need to realise that although another religion might be differnt it has to be from the same God and to say that another religion's God is wrong is sum1 other than your own God is like saying that ur God isnt strong enuff in the first place to send prophets to other ppl....

and i agree with Sir_gt completely that God should be emphasised and should be sought than wht religion has become ....
asid631 is offline   Reply With Quote