Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 09-20-2005, 06:15 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Sep 20, Ferrari trackday: Enzo, F40, HGTC, CS,... 210 pics

Here I am finally with this new update! It was kinda long to edit 210 pics! Luckily some were blurry and I could dump them, yeah
This is the biggest update to scs.com to date I think :good:

And also the best Ferrari meeting I attended. Not really many rare cars, but well, check out the pics, there was nobody around the owners, their friend/whife/girlfrind and me basically LOL.
It was never so easy to take pics of an Enzo with not a single person in the way Or to take a pic of 30+ cars and again nobody in the frame :shock:
And beeing sort of an "official" photograph I had access to every part of the track, even on the inside where you can be closer to the cars (very welcome since I don't have a big zoom).
It was amazing, especially the trip down there (600 km). To travel on the highway with around 60 F-cars all around you (there were 100 actually, but only 60 went down there together) is totally mad: you have some in front, some behind, some beside, at every rest area there are at least two. All the road workers stop working and just cheer when they pass by! Paradise. Actually after 250 km I was all alone since the quicker ones were way in front (even in Italy I don't tavel quicker than 160 kmh) and others had to stop for petrol more often than me
The area south of Venezia is marvellous, there were around 30 C (15 here), the sea is nice, not really summer so kinda deserted.. superb!

Adria Raceway is stunnig, modern, fantastic! Makes for some nice pics!

And thanks to JC, always him, I also was able to do 6 laps on track as a passenger in his 355 GTS F1 during the race closing the day

Okok, here are some previews now

Click any picture to be taken to the full 210 high-res update

California Spider, still verifying if it's a real one

Some track action

This is powerslide!

JC's 355, blu NART

Couple of 360CS having some rest

And two Maranello, 550 and 575 doing the same

Ex Schumacher 456 MGT bicolor, marvellous!

Many yellow cars, and ths is an HGTC 575

A sweet 575 prepared for the racetrack! pretty mean, and damn quick

All alone

But it's easier to have a clear shot while zooming alot on the car, let's try to use a wider frame, still nobody huh? and notice my BMW outisde first time I can put her in an Enzo pic

The yellow F40 didn't went a lot on track, but when it did, it was sexy as hell

Couple of Testarossa

Check out those suspensions :shock:

There are also a couple of small vids, the first two are interesting to compare the high pitched 360, the boomy CS and the low, too low IMO, especially on track, 430

http://rapidshare.de/files/5237106/h...__360.zip.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/5237505/l...__550.zip.html

Sadly in this one the Enzo was in its cooling down lap :bah:
http://rapidshare.de/files/5237721/l..._enzo.zip.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/5237821/s...__360.zip.html

Oh yes, shit happens

This 360 crashed during "our" race.. it was leading and pushing too hard obviously

This 550 crashed during the practice sessions
Old 09-20-2005, 06:50 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

Picture saving overload!!! :shock:

Alot of lovely yellow cars at this event - love the HGTC and Enzo!!! The rest are also stunning, some great pics taken inside the hangar (or whatever it is).

BTW, on the last page of pictures there seems to be a little problem with the alignment.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:22 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

Oh actually in the last page I wanted to separate the group pics from the others but it look shit indeed LOL

And the hangar is really a weird but cool idea at Adria raceway. Basically as you can guess from some of the pics, it is directly attached to the boxes, behind them obviously. So basically you enter the box from the pitlane but when you come out at the back of it you are not in a big parking like in most racetracks, but inside that HUGE covered and well lit hangar. Important to protect the cars from the sun or the rain, but also to organize stuff inside it, it's really amazing!
Old 09-20-2005, 07:25 AM   #4
FPVPSI
Regular User

^^ tell me about it...saved allmost all of them...Great pics TT... :good:

I wish they had more Ferrari meets down here in vic...there was one during the G.P, but i was at the G.P and missed it.... ops:

Thanks TT...
Old 09-20-2005, 07:42 AM   #5
komotar
Regular User

I like the pics made inside!!

The red CS - no stickers is such a great looking car.

I love the pics where all the Maranellos have their hood open!

The 575 track car looks mean

Yellow F40 :shock: , not many of those around

The Enzo pics are sensational 8)

The one where it only has one door open and is inside is soooo cool!!

All the combo shots came out very well!!

And an extra bonus, the Maser pics and even some track action!

Too bad for the guys crashing their Ferraris...

I'll have a look at the vids later today.

Thx for a great report.

Will these pics appear anywhere?

Oh, and I'm sure it must be an unbelivable feeling driving along with 59 other Ferraris on the highway 8)

Lucky bastard

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

BTW, the tuned 575 can also fit a rear wing, sadly it was removed this time :bah: I would have liked to see it in its full glory. Kinda weird, it went very often to the workshop to purge the brakes liquid.
The Enzo for the records is the same I got at the local dealership months ago, and it got some sensor to help the owner in tricky parking operations. First time I see it on an Enzo!
Sorry Cyril if I wasn't unable to take more Maserati pics, the F cars got all my attention
I don't think the pics will be published, basically the idea is to offer them on paper for the owners interested. Let's see how many will be
Old 09-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
The 575M prepared for racetrack is absolutely agressive! I love it! Looks better than the Prodrive's 550LM to be honest...
Not much cheaper I fear. I heard some 140'000 CHF were injectet into it

In some of the track shots... it seems that there were something like 60 cars at the same time! :shock: How did it work? I mean... how long where those sessions and how many cars were sharing the track at the same time?
Well the cars were split in groups, to have an even field and not too many on track at the same time. I think at worst there were 30 cars together. It's a 2.7 km long track BTW. Where you see many cars it was in the morning, the drivers were discovering it, with a local driver in front of them to show the line and so on. The for the free practice there weren't so many cars at once on track, and the races were also not so crowded. Not even 10 cars in our ones which was the biggest afaik.
A practice session was around 30 minutes long.

BTW, the track and the instalations of the Adria racetrack looks fantastic! Seems to be a perfect track for meetings and trackdays, with the hangar... perfect place to take pics as well!
And indeed the track is booked every day of the year!
I must admit the track itself isn't that special: just a bunch of straightaways, braking, corner, straightaway.. not many combos, just one and not that tricky. Still damn fun
Old 09-20-2005, 08:13 AM   #8
ARMAN
Regular User

Its unbeliveable the sharpness and colors of your pics TT. Superb shots and sights TT :good:

Is painful to see any crashed Ferrari :cry:

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:31 AM   #9
redbaron
Regular User

Damned nice pics, saved a lot of them

Thanks a lot TT
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:33 PM   #10
Pehtren
Regular User

i like ferraris
thanks a lot
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:51 PM   #11
Wutputt
Regular User

Finally some pics of a Swiss track day taken by TT. And he blow all other track days away like nothing

:shock: :shock: Impressive stuff, so many Ferraris, and a lot of yellow ones. I've never seen a yellow 575M HGTC or even pics of it as far as I can remember!! And hangar is fucking cool! And great for taking pics! I love the pic of then Enzo and F430 next to each other and your BMW in the background. But I would pick this one out as a winner:

As for the crashes, these things just happen at track days. Though it isn't nice to see things like that happening. IMO I prefer a sports car being used where it's made for (even if it gets damaged) instead of it setting in a garage whole its life.

ps: I love the colour of JC's f355
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #12
racer_f50
Regular User

Incredible shots as always! You must be the luckiest guy on JW to be able to attend such events
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #13
Stikz
Regular User

Spectacular post TT. Thanks. Love all the 355s espeically.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #14
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

Default Re: Sep 20, Ferrari trackday: Enzo, F40, HGTC, CS,... 210 pi

Originally Posted by TT
A sweet 575 prepared for the racetrack! pretty mean, and damn quick
I'm in love with this one... but why silver?... Man silver is a cool color... but in a track Ferrari.... :roll:

Damn good pics!!
Thanks a lot TT.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:08 PM   #15
budagboy2
Regular User

aswome pics TT, yellow definitily isnt the right color for a F40. Too bad about the 360/550 crash
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote