Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-13-2003, 06:32 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default Great Story !!!!!

Get ready to ROFL.... found at LS-1 forums....

Raced a "10 second" Ricer ...
I had just dropped my girlfriend off at her house after seeing Terminator 3 (great movie btw) last night around 1am.
Cruising down a small 2 lane highway with my windows open and the radio blasting I hear that familar ricepowered engine whine ...
As he slowly passes by I hear that cool turbo "psshhh" sound. He slows down and paces me (doing approximately 40mph or so). I see him trying to talk to me so I turn down my radio ... Its a completely riced out blue civic hatch, huge wing, some sort of design on the side, 25" chrome rims (exaggerated hehe), blue neons on the inside .....

him: "You really think you can handle me? I run 10 Second quarters"

me: "Your the one thats pacing me ... "

him: "well you think you can keep up or what?"

me: "This isn't the fast and the furious buddy, this is real life ... you better have a jet engine or somethin in there"

him: "lets go"

I give him a hand signal like "whenever your ready ..."

He nods and steps on it. I hear the "reeeeeaaarrrrr" sound and watch black smoke coming from his exaust as his turbo spools and he starts to walk away. I give him another second or so before I step on it ...

As soon as I do I instantly make up the 2 or 3 car lead that he has, then fly by him like Maverick doing a tower fly-by in TopGun. It was best said in treynors words "It looked like he slammed his car into reverse when I stepped on the gas"

After I slow down he pulls up next to me and is like "wow that things a beast, whats that badboy runnin, BRAH?"

Me: "probably low 12's in this form .... I have nitrous too, but its sitting at home."

Him: "no way, you gota nawwwss in that thing? oh SIT! that things gotta be in the 9's."

Me: "Nope, I told you, this isn't a movie, your car is probably running 14's at best .... BRAH "

I know its not much competition, but sometimes I get more satisfaction on beating a stupid ricer, then I do beating any 'real' cars.
Educating America, one ricer at a time.

ESP Tuning, Suspension Stuff, Spec Stage 3 Clutch,
And Some Really Heavy Stereo Stuff To Slow Me Down
LPE Heads and Cam Package Next on the List.

I love it what a laff !!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #2
Ziploc
Regular User

dolts :roll:
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 07:00 PM   #3
gis
Regular User

thats funny BRAH,LMAO

ricers r so funny

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:17 PM   #4
robruf
Regular User

That is such a sweet story and more than not it is true. I have beaten many a ricer in slower cars bue to the fact that they cannot drive at all, well, there many be one or two of them out there, but that is about it. I love hearing storing about burning idiots.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:32 PM   #5
possessed_beaver
Regular User

gota love the rice's.. ofcorse we need ppl to beat!
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 12:42 AM   #6
troskap
Regular User

Ah, yes, ricers. Too many of them around here, kids with loaded parents, etc. Oh, the ones that make me snicker the most are:

(a) the ones that make a big deal of revving their engines up so that lousy "braaaaaap" from their 'oh-I-lost-my-grapefruit-in-your-muffler-tip' hunks of chrome start rattling ... only to have them stop when you clean house at the start, and pretend they weren't racing at all.

(b) The ones that start the race, then have the audacity to flip you the bird as they fly past long after the race was over, oh, about a half-mile back.

Have to agree with robruf, too. A lot of these kids do have some legitimately fast cars in their hands, but just don't know how to drive them right. Blown shifts, bad lines through turns, failure to control traction at startups, etc. When they lose, they had what was coming to them. Though when it truly goes wrong, it's sadly tragic, as well, when something awful happens.

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
40th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car Replica
#812/1500
troskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 05:04 AM   #7
novass
Regular User

as a man infatuated with American Iron and big-ass V8s, this story puts an ear to ear smile on my face. i agree with what the guy says:

"I know its not much competition, but sometimes I get more satisfaction on beating a stupid ricer, then I do beating any 'real' cars.
Educating America, one ricer at a time."

LOL good find Krazy!! those damn ricers always look surprised when they see a car without any stickers or wings blow the doors off them!

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 05:46 AM   #8
draak666
Regular User

This is probably a silly question, but can somebody explain what 'gotta be in the 9's' and 'running 14's at best' means?

Also, I remember a quote from the Fast and the Furious. One says to the other: 'you owe me a ten second car (or something like that)'. Is this about the same thing? Ten second what?

Please inform me...
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 05:51 AM   #9
Jabba
Regular User

The time it takes your car to run a 1/4 of a mile.....kinda like a bench mark for the speed of your car
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:28 AM   #10
Anonymous

Originally Posted by draak666
This is probably a silly question, but can somebody explain what 'gotta be in the 9's' and 'running 14's at best' means?

Also, I remember a quote from the Fast and the Furious. One says to the other: 'you owe me a ten second car (or something like that)'. Is this about the same thing? Ten second what?

Please inform me...
a 10 second car is a fast dam car. there referring to the time it will do a 1/4 mile drag race run.
14 second is fairly slow, a stock camaro with a 5.7 v8 runs low 14's to high 13 second 1/4 miles.
and 9's there arent many "true" 9 second street legal cars, but a stock suzuki hayabusa will run hi 9's with a good rider on it, give you a idea just how fast a hayabusa is compared to normal cars.
Its like the difference between a F-15 Jet Fighter and a Cessna airplane.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:47 PM   #11
draak666
Regular User

Thanks for the info J & K. I thought it had to do something with miles.
Over here we use kilometers as a measure, so I couldn't quite figure it out...
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote