Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-25-2004, 12:48 AM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default Another Great Website Down Due To Hot Linking

This is sad news. http://the16v.com/race/default.htm the videos page of this website is now down due to fuckers(cant find a better word) posting direct links to this mans site. This guy had some great videos there. Small but good but now its all gone.

Peice of advice. If you are asked to not hotlink then dont. Bandwith is expensive so please consider the amount of money certain people spend on maintaining their websites, keeping them alive to entertain your and my sorry ass'.

If there is some content that you really want to share with the rest of the world then post a link to the webistes home page. It makes a huge difference because 50% of the people wont bother to go around looking for a video, but with direct links and DSL people just add stuff to their download managers for the sake of adding although they might not be interested in the file that much.

I know Ill try not to post any direct links and hope you do aswel.

Comments?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:55 AM   #2
geekdiggy
Regular User

thanks for the thread but it'll be to no avail. if anybody here understood the woes of bandwidth, there'd be no such thing as leeches. sadly this isn't so, and motherfuckers will still be ignorant and still continue to cost innocent people a lot of money. the only way around the problem is to limit access, like good ol' jw does. anyone who is too "nice" ends up paying a heavy price.

that's the way the internet goes i guess

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:40 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

Yep, I wonder if at least 10% of all the urls posted in the vids and pics links section were meant to be really spread around the net.. probably not, but sadly as soon as you host something, it's only a matter of time untill somebody will post the url on an another website, and from the first one to 10 more and so on