Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-12-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
cooperluke
Regular User

Default Estoril Historic Festival

On the last weekend, there was a classic car event at the Estoril Circuit in Portugal.
Lots of nice cars, ex F1s, etc etc

More Pics HERE: http://nmm.originalsites.net/hist_fest/index.htm

And BTW... we could use a classic car section!

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
Anonymous

Very nice pics, got to love the look of that Mk1 morris cooper, oh and i agree about the classics section... would be a good addition to JW for the future + I have some nice appropriate vids should such a section start up

**EDIT** checking out the other pics now.... missed the linky first time and theres LOADS

BTW Did you take the pics yourself? If so maybe the what you saw section would be more appropriate?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
stradale
Regular User

Dear god!!!! :shock: The Aston Martins, Alfa Romeos, Maserati and Bizzarini in pages 16 and 18 defy belief!!! *drool*

Were you there? If I would have been there I would still be in shock probably...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:54 AM   #4
cooperluke
Regular User

Did you take the pics yourself
Nope, infortunately I was looking forward to go there, but it was impossible. This pics are from another Portuguese fan.

I have also another pics, most of them MINI- related, but are hosted in a non public server. If anyone wants them, I can send them, just send me a PM with your email.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:59 AM   #5
Anonymous

Originally Posted by cooperluke
Did you take the pics yourself
Nope, infortunately I was looking forward to go there, but it was impossible. This pics are from another Portuguese fan.

I have also another pics, most of them MINI- related, but are hosted in a non public server. If anyone wants them, I can send them, just send me a PM with your email.
Cool i'll take you up on that offer PM sent
Old 10-12-2004, 10:07 AM   #6
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Oh....what some nice cars, and some good quality pics as well.......just every classic car looks awesome, except the ford mustang that i dont like it too much, specially the 80s formula 1 ferrari car........and i like a lot the white porsche 911 GTC RSR...however i dont see this proper car to be considered as a classic one since it must be 15 year old at most......anyway....what some nice pics overall
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 AM   #7
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Ford Capri 2.8i
and i like a lot the white porsche 911 GTC RSR...however i dont see this proper car to be considered as a classic one since it must be 15 year old at mostl
Its always tricky defining what is a classic. My mini is "only" 15 years old but i wouldn't have spent the money i have done doing it up since i've had it. Put it this way i wouldn't spend the same amount on a 15 year old fiesta, nova etc
Old 10-12-2004, 10:37 AM   #8
cooperluke
Regular User

Normally, the rule to define a classic car is that the car has to have 25 years.
Nevertheless, every rule has an exception, and cars that were designed and lauched more than 25 years ago, but have been built after that, are exceptionally defined as classics. (VW Beetle, Minis....)

Old 10-12-2004, 04:06 PM   #9
chest3r
Regular User

That white Mustang is quite good It should have a good noise 8)