Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
sikx5
Regular User

Default Good Hard drive data recovery software?

Hey fellas,
Ive got sort of a big problem here. I installed a 200gig drive and made that primary. I used to have a 120gig drive, but i unplugged that completley during the installation of windows on the 200gig. I plugged the 120gig back in after i finished will all the installs on the 200gig. The 120gig has become a slave now. Anyway, when windows loaded, it went to a blue screen, and said one or more of your drive are corrupted and needs to be corrected..so i said go ahead with the correction. It went through and some bits said "Deleting index file DSCF2005.jpeg" and so on with all my files on there.

Now windows has loaded up, and the drives just appear as "local disk" in windows explorer and a error comes up when i try and access it: "The Wrong diskette is in the drive. Insert (Volume Serial Number into drive F.\."

What does that mean? is there any software i can use to retain the data on that drive?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:29 AM   #2
sikx5
Regular User

Thank you so much dude, You saved me big time!!! Thanks heaps!!