Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 12-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #136
TopGearNL
Regular User

I like the 997 Turbo rims under it!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #137
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Hmm.. that actually isnt too bad. But those pictures hide the size of the car as seen in testing.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #138
gucom
Regular User

hmmm i'd still like the front to look a bit less bland... the rear looks quite good except maybe for the rear lights...
Old 12-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #139
gucom
Regular User

hmmm 911 cabrio's, especially since the 996, have never really got me excited, and neither does this...
Old 02-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #140
silentm
Regular User

the 2. pic looks partially chopped, but thank god Porsche somehow managed to not make a complete disaster - design wise - this image relieves me somehow
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #141
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

Compared with the 911... the Panamera looks HUGE!! :shock:
Indeed!

Reminds me of the Veyron, a bit... well fat
Old 02-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #142
acmarttin
Regular User

Well so far the mule doesn't look as dramatic as the digital concept image. Hopefully there are some cosmetic features that have been left off that particular test car.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #143
gucom
Regular User

wow that size difference does indeed seem very very big, seems about A8(L) size, but it might well be an optical illusion somehow...
Old 02-07-2007, 06:42 PM   #144
nthfinity
Regular User

since there wont be another certain porsche during the Panamera's existance... its huge size is expected
Old 02-08-2007, 04:44 AM   #145
blue8
Regular User

glad it doesn't look like a squished cayenne anyway, it does look good but it's resembles more of a saloon than a sleek 4-door coupe...

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #146
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Originally Posted by blue8
glad it doesn't look like a squished cayenne anyway, it does look good but it's resembles more of a saloon than a sleek 4-door coupe...
Exaclty my thoughts...I have always pictured the Panamera as a sleek 4 door coupe, a la AM Rapide...but this is looking like a normal Sedan and it looks like a bus besides the 911!

All the recent photoshop of this car look amazing...I can only hope Porsche makes it as good looking as the photoshops.

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #147
Schwalbe

Firstly, a Porsche 911 is really a small car and secondly there's a little optical illusion in this photograph, because there's a superposition effect.

But, yes indeed the new Panamera is in fact bigger than a 911 model.

For my part, I'm persuaded the upcoming Panamera will be an awesome Übersedan. :good:
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #148
blue8
Regular User

From CAR:
New spyshots:

The Panamera uses a variety of different components plucked from across Porsche's product portfolio. You need the strongest suspension and brakes going? Sure, borrow them from the Cayenne SUV. You need a lightweight, sports car chassis? Here, use parts of the 911 Turbo platform.

It'll be front-engined and rear-drive, at first at any rate; there's some talk of a four-wheel drive version in the pipeline. Porsche hopes to build 20,000 a year at first, but that figure sounds a bit conservative to us.

The Panamera is Porsche's answer to the CLS; a geniune four-seater set in the GT mould. The front-engine packaging and long wheelbase are designed to free up lots of cabin room for the four deep-set passenger seats, while the hatchbacked boot will top 475 litres (more with the rear seats folded).

Don't think this Porsche will be a soft comfort-oriented four-door, though. Much of the body will be made from lightweight aluminium and engineers have told CAR Online that the weight will fall around 1800kg. With direct-injection V8 power and up to 500bhp, it's not going to be slow.

This official design sketch points to a low-slung, glamorous sports saloon. Okay, we accept that so many design sketches end up being pie-in-the-sky - but we hope that Porsche will know better than to make the Panamera as dowdy as the Cayenne.

At one point in the design process, Porsche considered suicide rear-hinged back doors, but it has stuck with four regular saloon doors, as witnessed in these exclusive pictures. It's unclear at this stage whether the spoiler on this prototype will make production; if it does, it's likely to be an automated pop-up item.

-- more than a coupe, it looks like a sedan... or an estate!! At least it's powerful... should strike fear to those 3 other German brands

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:33 AM   #149
gucom
Regular User

Looks like another Boxter facelift for 2008... possibly to differentiate it more from a 997 facelift? Either way, i think i'll like the rounder air intakes in the front, hard to say anythign useful about the rest yet...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...xster-facelift
Old 02-22-2007, 01:41 AM   #150
R8audi
Regular User

"Secret 4-door Porsche in SA!
22/02/2007 06:11

A trio of slightly disguised Porsche Panameras were caught out and about in dusty Clarens where a Wheels24 reader snapped the new four-door model.

Though only scheduled for an official appearance at the 2009 Geneva Show, the eagerly anticipated fourth model from Zuffenhausen is billed to go head-to-head with the Aston Martin Rapide (shown to great acclaim at the Detroit Motor Show early this year) and the established Mercedes-Benz CLS that spawned the four-door coupe segment.

Though the Panamera builds strongly on the values captured in the 911 range, the range will likely be introduced with V8 power only. The newcomer will however do away with the traditional rear-mounted engine layout in favour of front-mounted units.

Three powerplants are expected in the range including a 221-kW 3.5 litre unit sourced from Volkswagen, and Porsches own eight-cylinder petrol engine developing 260 kW in naturally aspirated mode, or a head-snapping 415 kW in twin-turbo guise.

Expect a dual-clutch transmission to be in use, and the range-topping model could be fitted with a version of the discontinued Carrera GT's V10.

Porsche hopes this model will be a usable family car that would comfortably seat four with easy access to the rear and enough luggage space for all.

Panamera will be assembled in Leipzig, Germany with the body being sourced from Volkswagen plant on Hanover. Porsche plans to produce 20 000 units a year from 2009." :arrow: Extract from a South African Motoring Website.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/N...072278,00.html

I'm afraid to say, I don't think this is going to be a very nice looking Porsche.
I'll reserve my opinion however until the official launch!
R8audi is offline   Reply With Quote