Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 09-05-2006, 02:43 PM   #16
saadie
Regular User

you tell em
Old 09-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #17
nickthaskater

lol I should, though I'll probably just get lawyers sent after me for watching it since I don't live in Europe
Old 09-06-2006, 03:10 AM   #18
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
lol I should, though I'll probably just get lawyers sent after me for watching it since I don't live in Europe
but we do get it here on BBC Canada

anyways, this "big race" has started and it is from New York to the west coast, not sure where tho but my guess is LA.

Well, we're almost there. We've a team assembled in New York drawing lines on maps, checking traffic reports and generally worrying about just what they've let themselves in for.

So far, the schedule is as follows: today is for head scratching and planning while the rest of the team flies in; tomorrow is a day of double-checking and prepping up the cars - then things kick off for real on Wednesday at 7pm (that's midnight UK time).

We'll get our first proper update from the team tomorrow and they'll spill more details during the day in the run-up to the start, so keep checking back. Otherwise, Thursday's the big day...

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:56 AM   #19
Fleischmann
Regular User

Though the races are interesting I just don't think they are real. Photo finishes, sudden change of situation etc. all of this is guilty of being scripted IMO.

It seems it will be a rather long race since:

Clarkson, Hammond and May appear in high spirits, despite having returned jetlagged from 19 days of filming in the United States less than 48 hours earlier.
I can name at least 100 more interesting cars to use for the race, but I still cannot wait.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #20
bmagni
Regular User

No, it's not Hammond, Clarkson and May, it's a group of blokes and birds from Top Gear magazine, and frankly, the boys have got it all wrong, attempting to break a New York-to-LA record of 32 hours, 52 minutes, instead of the 32 hours, 7 minutes set by a Ferrari on the final running of the US Express. Not only that, but they're using more drivers/co-pilots than could all fit in the car, plus, they're turning off the clock so the photog can snap pictures.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #21
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
No, it's not Hammond, Clarkson and May, it's a group of blokes and birds from Top Gear magazine, and frankly, the boys have got it all wrong, attempting to break a New York-to-LA record of 32 hours, 52 minutes, instead of the 32 hours, 7 minutes set by a Ferrari on the final running of the US Express. Not only that, but they're using more drivers/co-pilots than could all fit in the car, plus, they're turning off the clock so the photog can snap pictures.
Correct! This is not a Top Gear challenge with Clarkson, May and Hammond. It's just some Top Gear employees doing this. Probably won't be all that great. :cry:
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #22
vexor
Regular User

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
Originally Posted by bmagni
Correct! This is not a Top Gear challenge with Clarkson, May and Hammond. It's just some Top Gear employees doing this. Probably won't be all that great. :cry:
yea it isn't with the boys, too bad.

I've been looking on the TG mag site today and it has started but it is boring.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote