Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 09-27-2004, 10:08 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

hmmm strange...............no reaction to my post.........at least not one I expcted
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:15 PM   #17
5vz-fe
Regular User

Damn, that's still 3 months away..............u know, this is the one game that I love and hate. You just fucking hate them keeping you waiting and waiting, yet you will be the first to buy their products
Old 09-27-2004, 10:27 PM   #18
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by coloradosilver
It's all about the money. If they release two games, one with online play but without the full regular version, and one without online ability(but with the full game), then people will want to buy both in order to get the full experience that GT4 will have to offer. It's all a marketing stratagy. If both versions cost the same amount then Sony and Polyphony will effectively DOUBLE their profits made from what is essentially the same game.

They could put it all in one game, but the payoff would only be half as much for them.

It's a great money making technique for them. Unfortunately, it leaves the rest of us gamers really FUCKED!!
I doubt that's really how they are thinking it...I mean, they've sold something like 36 million Gran Turismo games world-wide, I don't think they would pursue some gimmicky technique like that to sell games, cause they sure as hell don't need help selling them. They most likely spilt it into two separate releases because the online play isn't complete yet, and to finish it up to their high standards would mean pushing the release date back even further. Which would piss us off even more, and miss the very crucial Christmas season, which is something even they can't miss.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Who cares about some lame ass ps2 game............... ????
This is why I don't admire you sir... -- you have convictions based in unjustified bias against the GT franchise...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:58 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I played it Quite a few times. And I like it. But one thing kills it is "SIMULATION" its more like ass stimulation.
If they just called it a game and didnt create the hard core simulation bullshit hype about it Id have a tottaly different outlook on the game.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:05 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Yeah - but it is the most serious of all the console games out there... almost a simulation..
Old 09-27-2004, 11:16 PM   #22
SFDMALEX
Regular User

True, It's More Elaborative(in the sim dept.) From Other Racing Franchises people kEEp POSTING about. 0X
Old 09-28-2004, 03:16 AM   #23
dingo
Regular User

Who cares what the developers market it as, if you played it and enjoyed it then thats all that should matter.
The gameplay doesn't change just because of what someone says about the game.

BTW, a couple of Aussie game retailers are qouting a release date of 30th November....it would be strange that we would get the game earlier then the US/Europe, usually its the other way around.

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/lon...sp?gameid=8323
Old 09-28-2004, 05:00 AM   #24
abbor
Regular User

Originally Posted by budagboy2
Even if the game doesnt have online play it still takes months to complete the game. Has anyone heard about x-box's counter to granturismo. Its called forza, looks aswome and has online play.
http://ebworld.com/ebx/product/244535.asp
Yeah, we've heard of it.. The FordGTGuy has hammered us with info about it..

But I don't think car games are all about which cars who's in it.. When I play GTA: Vice City, and I've installed the Enzo and many other supercars, the game just gets boring...
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:54 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

True, It's More Elaborative(in the sim dept.) From Other Racing Franchises people kEEp POSTING about. 0X
bahhhhhh! So noone got it?

T I M E F O R F EE POSTING!
Old 09-28-2004, 05:01 PM   #26
skituner
Regular User

thank god
i feel like ive been waiting for years
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:23 PM   #27
5vz-fe
Regular User

Talking about the FordGTGuy, I don't see him no more participating in the recent GT4 topics I guess he's not so sure about Forza is better now.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:55 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

LOL --- I just thought you had forgetted how to spoke engrish...
Old 09-28-2004, 06:15 PM   #29
noliebro
Regular User

they just realeased like a hundred more screeshots from that show on www.ign.com

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:20 AM   #30
gottacatchup
Regular User

why is it time for fee posting?