Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 03-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
xxleasxx
Regular User

Default Last Preview Batch Feedback Greatly Needed!

Hey guys/gals Im really fighting to get the site finished within the next week because Ive been sawmped with a ton of pictures to edit. Since my last Sightings post a month back Ive had a supercar overload. Ive seen the usual variety of nice cars on the street but Ive also been to a ton of dealers and the NYIAS. within the past 2 weeks Ive seen 3 CGTs and 3 SLRs! unfortunately the i wasnt able to take pics of the Silver CGT which I saw in a dealership in Long Island on a rainy work day. I do have pics of the black and yellow cgt and theres a big chance that ill get to see another black cgt within the end of the week! Ive decided to not use a NYCcarsightings logo and keep it simple with my name on the corner as to keep the picture clean and tidy. I am still not sure as to waht size i should make the high res images as Im limited to only 1gb of space on the server so I would like to maximize the amount i can have on the site yet avoid lose of quality in the images.

I plan to do what TT does, make periodic updates so I will be updating the website every 3-4 days. I will also have a submitions page open to random sightings that a few friends offered to submit. If they contribute enough pics I will start their own dedicated area.

Unfortunately I havent been able to get a new camera because the original order wasnt handled properly by the website i had ordered it from and decided to cancel it. I will be getting one this saturday and hope to spend the entire weekend testing it out at the autoshow! I already have the memory card for it so Im completely stoked.

I what previews would you like to see before the site goes up? I will post the images here in High Res.
some cars that Ive photographed in the last month.. Spyker, Lotus, Murcie Roadsters, Vipers, Saleens, Brabus, Amgs, Cgts, RRs, Bentleys.. just to name a few..

I cant promise that Ill post a preview of all of them but I do promise that ones that you do get to see wont dissappoint.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:28 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

Default Re: What do you want to see?

Originally Posted by xxleasxx
I am still not sure as to waht size i should make the high res images as Im limited to only 1gb of space on the server so I would like to maximize the amount i can have on the site yet avoid lose of quality in the images.

I what previews would you like to see before the site goes up? I will post the images here in High Res.
some cars that Ive photographed in the last month.. Spyker, Lotus, Murcie Roadsters, Vipers, Saleens, Brabus, Amgs, Cgts, RRs, Bentleys.. just to name a few..
I would suggest 1600x1200 sized pictures, as they are nice and big for the high-res freaks (like me ) and you can still keep the file size down to between 300-400Kb without any noticeable loss in quality At that size you can fit about 3000 images into your 1Gb limit which should be enough to get you started
As for the previews, the Murci Roadster and CGT's sound the most interesting to me
Old 03-31-2005, 03:32 AM   #3
stmoritzer
Regular User

for me
1. CGTs
2. Murcie Roadsters
3. SLRs

Can't wait to see your new site !

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:50 AM   #4
SilviaEvo
Regular User

FERRARI
Old 03-31-2005, 04:01 AM   #5
Maou
Regular User

For me in the street:

1° New Rinspeed Cayenne
2° SLR & Carrera GT (soon)
3° Murcie Roadster
Old 03-31-2005, 04:37 AM   #6
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Maou
For me in the street:

1° New Rinspeed Cayenne
2° SLR & Carrera GT (soon)
3° Murcie Roadster
he wants to know which of his pics you want to see....I think your just advertising what you've seen
Old 03-31-2005, 10:49 AM   #7
MIHALS
Regular User

pics, or STFU
Old 03-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #8
Wutputt
Regular User

For me: Murcie Roadsters, Spyper, CGT, and Brabus to start with.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:34 PM   #9
xxleasxx
Regular User

First Batch..

Im really excited. tomorrow morining I and getting the camera.. after 2 weeks of waiting..
Old 03-31-2005, 11:00 PM   #10
Pimp Racer
Regular User

NICE FUCKING Shot man!
http://speed.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/1039556a.jpg

Well what I would wanna see is a few Honda's! (Seriously!) If ya can take some shots of a 2003 and up Honda Accord Sedan.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:50 AM   #11
xxleasxx
Regular User

Second Batch.. BTW the last 2 pics are from today, used the new camera. Im still getting a feel for it but I really love it!

Old 04-02-2005, 01:58 AM   #12
styla21
Regular User

The Porsche wheel nut is one of the best pics i have ever seen. I love it.. This is some awesome work xxleasxx, keep it up and keep posting.. I'll definately be checking your site
Old 04-02-2005, 02:45 PM   #13
Titanboy_24
Regular User

sweet pics! What kind of camera did you get? Just 1 suggestion, you might want to blur out all the plates if you are going to put the on your site. Some people are really private and do not want their plate on the internet. I'm just speaking from experience becuase a lot of people have asked me to blur out the plates in my pics. I'm looking forward to seeing the site when its up!
Titanboy_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #14
xxleasxx
Regular User

Originally Posted by Titanboy_24
sweet pics! What kind of camera did you get? Just 1 suggestion, you might want to blur out all the plates if you are going to put the on your site. Some people are really private and do not want their plate on the internet. I'm just speaking from experience becuase a lot of people have asked me to blur out the plates in my pics. I'm looking forward to seeing the site when its up!
thanx for the suggestion. Ill be sure to look through all the pics just to make sure about the plates. I got a Canon Powershot Pro 1. I just got back from the autoshow and will be going through all the duplicates and such. I took 1100 pictures and hope to get atleast 400 to 350 good pictures. I actually managed to fill up the 2 gig memory card, so Ill have some good pics to post up soon.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:18 AM   #15
Titanboy_24
Regular User

wow, thats a serious upgrade! I was going to get a Pro 1, but I decided on the D70 instead. The 1 feature you will fall in love with is the vari-angle LCD monitor. I know you like to get the low ground shots and the LCD is PERFECT for that, theres going to be some great pics coming from that camera!
Titanboy_24 is offline   Reply With Quote