Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
R8audi
Regular User

Default Who can translate Italian to English?

This is some crazy shit... I get that the guy pours benzyne on himself and then tries to set himself alight, but what the hell for????

What are they saying?

and then why do they sit down as though nothing happened afterwards?

:arrow: http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/3717
R8audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #2
MIHALS
Regular User

TT can translate it?

this iste doesn't wor for me eighter :bah:
Old 12-12-2006, 06:52 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

I saw that on TV, I can't watch the vid now at the office but will post an explanation about this situation in a while
Old 12-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #4
TT
Regular User

I suppose the video is about a small TV studio with a young lad, his dad (to his right) and the interviewer in front of them.

The background history is as follow. When then son was 5 years old, the wife, for reasons that weren't explained when I watched the doc about it, left the husband to go back to her country of origin, Australia, with their son. She left home when he was at work and when he came back an evening he found their home empty, not a word about what happened.
In the following months he tried to find out where wife and son disappeared, guessing they could be indeed in Australia. That country being quite big, it took him ages to find them, and when he did, he discovered the wife, no idea how, managed to obtains papers in Australia giving her the full "control" over the baby, with no rights whatsoever for the father.
He visited them a couple of times and managed to find a way to obtain finally the right to see his son every now and then.
But definitely not the right to take him back with him to Italy.

If I recall correctly, he even took his child back at one moment, but was forced to give it back to his wife shorty later.

In the meantime the man bought a PC to the little boy to be able to chat at least on the net but the mother apparently never allowed him to use it. (and here you could wonder if this lad didn't attend some sort of school with access to a PC...)

Anyway, this year his son is 18 yo and able to decide on himself where to live or where to go, so he flew to Italy to finally know his dad.
Of course the whole stuff followed by cameras and all seemed a bit "made up". no idea if this son really wants to live in Italy or is here just to spend some time with his dad and then go back where his life is now (he barely speaks italian by now).

So, the whole story was followed by a TV program and then one evening they had this live moment with son and dad answering questions on the third public TV channel (RAI 3).
When the interviewer asked him his last question, something along the lines of: "how hard it is to come back home and find it empty?", he started to act weird and took out this bottle filled, as he explains when he shows it, with petrol. He soak himself with it and shows a lighter in the other hand, saying he will set fire if they won't read a letter he is carrying. That's when the interviewer, son and other ppl stopped him, promising they'll read it for sure...
Of course it wasn't read, but it was said he wanted basically to ask the politics to change the laws so that parents in his situation could have more rights and have back their sons easily... something like that..
Old 12-12-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
Mattk
Regular User

Oh, he must've been desperate. :shock:
Old 12-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

For sure, but now that he has his son back, IMO he should have tried to contain himself and not end up like a crazy man on TV with the son telling him to calm down and don't do it..

I admit I wondered if the wife left for a reason years ago...
Old 12-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #7
R8audi
Regular User

Thanks TT.... Watching it I had no idea what was going on :shock:

Shame, it's rough for fathers to get custody of their children, even here where I live, the courts favour mothers to take care of the kids over fathers.

Thanks again for the background and the explanation
R8audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #8
novass
Regular User

Thats pretty crazy. :shock: The strangest thing about it, well IMO but I cant understand Italian so I dont know exactly what he is saying, is that he seems so calm while he takes out the bottle and pours it on himself.

Custody battles, I can imagine, would be very hard on any family anywhere in the world.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

Yeh, sounds very calm but in reality since he starts reaching for it, he just blabber disconnected words because obviously his mind is not focused in the answer anymore.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:26 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Wow - that could have ended way worse than it did
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:03 AM   #11
numerouno
Regular User

Wow! what a dramatic story! :shock:
numerouno is offline   Reply With Quote