Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-21-2004, 09:24 AM   #1
Anonymous

Cool, i'm gonna go wireless also in september in our new student house, and linksys is what i was gonna buy, depending on how much money we have at the time though it may be the older slower version (only to share 750k connection) At least i know others on JW know about all this, i'm a complete newbie oh and not exactly what you would call a computer genius
Old 08-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

Right out of the box, I think SMC has a better range than Linksys in general, but alot of different firmware hacks came out now these days that allow the increase of antenna power to ur linksys box. So far, mustdie and Sveasoft firmware hack has the best reputation out there. Standard antenna power is 22mW, after the hack u can adjust it from 1-84mW.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:08 PM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

I bought one too from bestbuy. Waiting to get my debit card to buy one cheeper from newegg and return the one i currently have.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #4
ae86_16v
Regular User

Yeah, I am using the SMC Barricade. It has problems, a lot of drop signals and such.

Nevertheless I love wireless. Will never ever go back to ethernet.

Welcome to the club.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote