Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Jan 10th - Audi RS4 B7 indepth!!!!!!

Ok guys, I won't type 2000 words because I am in a rush to post the pics right away since this is quite a big exclusive for me
Dunno in Germany or elsewhere, but here the RS4 won't hit the dealerships for the next few months, still no official date actually, so imagine my surprise when this morning I knew a local dealer actually phones my friend and indepth provider JC asking him if we could take the RS4 for a spin! Actually they say the Audi TT 3.2 V6 DSG pics I took the other day (indepth to follow soon) and they were very happy! We thought we would pick up this RS4 next months or so, but they wanted to see pics of it NOW I guess

Just amazing! I hope they will like!

Let me post the pics and then I'll write some passenger impressions!

Click any preview picture to be taken to the full 48 high-res update

Ok well, what to say... indepths slowly became something I am used to. Just a couple of cars at first and now that page on my website has Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati and so many other top end manufacturers. It is just unbelievable to look back at it and I hope it will go on
Still, it is very different to do an indepth about a car you already saw plenty of times (yes, even a Murcielago can be in that cathegory) and one that is not for sale yet
This RS4 B7 is the first I see outside a motorshow and it was there Friday when we picked up a TT V6 DSG for another indepth/review. Just took a couple of quick pics since I knew we would test it someday. Well, that day arrived earlier than expected and I am pretty proud it happened thanks to my pics. Even if my 350D or more probably my 70-300 IS aren't working very well in cold conditions, it is still acceptable, so out we were!

The new RS4 is a pure beast, muscular and very big in the metal! The growl is unreal! No other saloon is so savage, even at parking speed! And when you prod the pedal, well, hell breaks loose! Really! Inside it is quieter, but once you pass the 5500-6000 rpm, the voice of the mighty V8 starts to invade the cabin and rape your ears! Orgasmic!
It is a proper manual and the gearstick seems pretty precise and rapid! The thrust you get from 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th is endless and while you see the needle climb up the scale (very quickly) you are amazed by the fact it becomes stronger and stronger! To rev such engine up to 8000 requires some guts actually and we recorded a 50-160 km/h in 3rd gear in 9.8 seconds! Beat that! Really, you are constantly glued into the seat, which is one of the best ones I ever slid my ass into! Supportive, dan sporty, sweet leather and can be pumped to support you even better. The driver's one actually pumps up automatically once sport mode is engaged.. the passenger still has to operate the two buttons to pump up beside the legs and back.
Instrument panels and the cabin in general is top of the notch! Audi quality, pretty close to as JC pointed out!
The brakes are montrous and I think my eyeballs were as close to pop out of my head is they were in the Enzo!
Grip is impossible to describe, even in frosty conditions with partially wet roads, it was obvious that you need some wicked speed to end up outside the planned line! The corner is dispatched at warp speed and once you see the next straight and the car is gunned, you enter hyperspace.. 4000-5000-6000-7000, I notice JC is temped to upshit but he puts his hand back on the wheel and bam, we're already at 8000, with the engine note becaming a wild scream waking up children in a 20 km radius, I swear!
Of all the indepths and ride I had, this was one of the most impressive. Maybe because of the special conditions, maybe I was biased after so many positive reviews, but hell, this car really does it!

marvellous to take pics of it too! there are cars that are not so much camera friendly IMO while the RS4 is sexy from every angle, and while taking panning shots, it is os beautifull to listen to that soundtack! i was frosting at -5 C with my hands almost glued to the camera but I could stay there all day long witnessing the way the car was disappearing in the distance!

I hope you will like the pics and the report, I still have shivers down my spine!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
skituner
Regular User

awesome pics TT
i can't imagine how exicted you were
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:14 PM   #3
coloradosilver
Regular User

Great Pics, Thanks! Looks like a real sleeper car. Someone might be hard pressed to tell the difference when driving down the road untill it really takes off.

I'm going to wait to see all the specs including the price before I can make a full judgment. Although, based on looks, its quite understated, which could be a good thing.

Hey TT, are the rear breaks cross drilled aslo, or is it just the front?
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

:shock: I am speachless how great those pics looks!!! stunnig surrownding :faint: just STUNNING!

Cant wait to read your impressions

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

Really cool pics ... the first and second pics are masterclass.

And give us some driver's impressions too as that looks like you behind the wheel in pic #4

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Nope sameer, not me :bah: passenger only sadly.

Anyway, impressions added to the first post.

BTW, I shouldn't tease, but in two days well have some more saloon cars, and one of them is the RS6 (Avant). I am curious to see if it is more impressive or not

colorado, to be honest I didn't pay attention and it's pretty hard to tell from the pictures
Old 01-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
TransAm
Regular User

Thanks TT, some great pics there You are lucky to get a ride in a car not even released yet!

I see the driver is following the manufacturer break-in suggestion of bouncing off the limiter! :shock:

Well, I tried beating your 50-160km/h in 9.8 seconds. Not!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #8
chest3r
Regular User

:shocked!: Those pics are stunning!!!! You have the best pictures on the net nowadays

The car is great, but with this quality of pics every car would look great

The picture with the tree covered on snow is superb!!

Congratulations man!!!!

It's just me or there's a little problem with the pictures on your site?? When I click in the second picture of the seat it opens a window with a different picture
Old 01-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

Thanks for reporting, I was so excited I didn't check them all as I usually do
Old 01-09-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
JoeHahn
Regular User

This car is sex, and you are sex for reporting and taking such beautiful pictures

I hope it was mad fun (sounded like it)!
Old 01-09-2006, 11:20 PM   #11
sentra_dude

Fantastic pics TT, and just to clarify those pics are with the SLR and not the ProShot right?

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:37 AM   #12
yg60m
Regular User

Great TT !!! Thanks a lot for this report and congrats as it is due to your nice job in taking great pictures of cars You almost did it for the yellow Enzo (too bad the owner ... ) but now, you're recognize for your passion

Your driving sensations are really important for as they come from someone I am close to, I realize that they have more importance for me than most of magazine reports So this RS4 is growing in my heart

Can't wait to read the RS6 review
Old 01-10-2006, 03:42 AM   #13
Dubai
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
This car is sex, and you are sex for reporting . . .
I quite agree
Dubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:55 AM   #14
stmoritzer
Regular User

well, this is probabely the best indepth so far :shock:
stunning pictures, and a very interesting read! you felt like sitting in the car while reading the "report"
as for the car, I prefer the avant from design point of view
Thanks for the superb pictures!

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:26 AM   #15
TT
Regular User

Thank you guys for the kind words and I am kinda surprised nobody said the RS4 sticker on the side is "rice" LMAO sadly we couldn't wipe it out :roll:

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
This car is sex, and you are sex for reporting and taking such beautiful pictures

I hope it was mad fun (sounded like it)!
I'd say it was sex

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Fantastic pics TT, and just to clarify those pics are with the SLR and not the ProShot right?
Exactly, the 350D and the 70-300 IS for all the pics of the full car. EF-S 18-55 for details and interior