Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Default Pininfarina Ferrari P4/5 Competizione planned

According to Glickenhaus in comments on the FerrariChat message board, the idea is to have it possibly race ready for 2010. Specifics, such as chassis/engine/gearbox, are "figured out" and will be announced soon. Although the above image, a rendering by Michiel Van Den Brink, based on the original, shows us what it may look like, Glickenhaus says it represents a "very rough" idea of what it'll look like when completed although "We're still working out the details and should have an image and specifications in a few weeks"

We're also waiting to hear what racing series it may be a part of, although in the spirit of the original N.A.R.T. they'll be looking at endurance racing and plan on hitting the 24 Hours Of Nürburgring.

"We're looking for one major sponsor. That race gets 250k spectators and a lot of TV. In addition we could do other races and when her racing days are over we'd keep her in that livery and she'd go to a lot of events. There'd be a lot exposure and it's not going to cost Crazy money," said Glickenhaus. It'll be interesting to see where Glickenhaus goes with this considering "Ferrari P 4/5 Competizione will not be sold." That'll limit the sponsorship opportunities. However, Glickenhaus claims he's willing to go it his own if necessary.

Glickenhaus also announced he won't be racing the vehicle stating "my driving in anger days are behind me. We have some interesting ideas for drivers."
Old 09-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

Had a nice conversation with JG about this, and some other things back in July, and early August. Exciting for sure... basically, the car wouldn't adhere to most racing regulations for homologation etc.... and the 24 h of NS has already agreed that this potential car would fit some class, or some new class would be created for it. Hopefully this happens
Old 09-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Had a nice conversation with JG about this, and some other things back in July, and early August. Exciting for sure... basically, the car wouldn't adhere to most racing regulations for homologation etc.... and the 24 h of NS has already agreed that this potential car would fit some class, or some new class would be created for it. Hopefully this happens
ADAC allows a pretty wide range of cars to run at 24h Nürburgring. Heck, they let preproduction prototypes and concept cars run in the race, why not this?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
10000rpmlover
Regular User

am I alone in thinking a street ferrari looking like that would become the highest selling ferrari of all time? hold on, [kanye impersonation] "Ima let you finish", but it would be the highest selling ferrari OF ALL TIME!

/kanye jack ass west impersonation

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
am I alone in thinking a street ferrari looking like that would become the highest selling ferrari of all time? hold on, [kanye impersonation] "Ima let you finish", but it would be the highest selling ferrari OF ALL TIME!

/kanye jack ass west impersonation

You do know there is one (well only 1), right? That is what this is based off of.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
You do know there is one (well only 1), right? That is what this is based off of.
I'm sure he's aware of that. And he's spot on.

Sadly, this car will forever remind me of the Mantide for obvious reasons.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:18 AM   #7
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post

yep, I know there is one, currently owned by Glikenhaus, the richest wallstreet mobster in existence

what I am referring to is the fact that ferrari made one bonehead move after another in the last decade, california? WTF? please... after the F355 ferrari lost its lustre, if they would produce something like this themselves and sell it as a street car, it would undoubtedly become the prancing horse of the century, and you and I know there are not many more years of nice looking supercars left, sure they had the Modena, the 430, the 599gtb, 612 scaglietti... BUT, none of those cars evoke raw evil, sexy, uniqueness to me, sure there is the Enzo, but for all its praise, even if I had the money, I would not buy an enzo, it is just not a pretty car. I wanna fall in love with ferraris again, kinda like I fell in love with Aston Martins after I saw a DB9 in the flesh, but I cannot, everytime I think of the california I want to put rubbing alcohol in my eyes.

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
Old 09-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #8
Minacious
Regular User

I got you. I should have known better than to think you wouldn't know that.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Any idea if Luigi (son of NART founder) is involved with this? Cause I can already hear the lawyers barking about this....
Old 09-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #10
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex View Post
Any idea if Luigi (son of NART founder) is involved with this? Cause I can already hear the lawyers barking about this....
No, Luigi Chenetti Jr. is not involved, and the car will NOT fly under a NART banner. The photoshop was done only to express ideas independently of JG by Michael Mobile (sp?).

The only lawyers barking could be @ autoblog, and jalopnik for not reading the contents of Glickenhaus' thread on Fchat and reporting "accurately."
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Minacious
Regular User

This also reminds me that I need to finished the 3D rendering of the P4/5 that I started years ago but never finished. Made it to about 20 percent complete, then got sidetracked.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #12
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

No, Luigi Chenetti Jr. is not involved, and the car will NOT fly under a NART banner. The photoshop was done only to express ideas independently of JG by Michael Mobile (sp?).

The only lawyers barking could be @ autoblog, and jalopnik for not reading the contents of Glickenhaus' thread on Fchat and reporting "accurately."

Heh.. damn, I was gonna say - this would be a great way to revive the NART.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

Heh.. damn, I was gonna say - this would be a great way to revive the NART.
BTW, that porker looks killer
Old 10-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #14
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

BTW, that porker looks killer
Thanks She's my new lady friend.. Just have to treat her right - but I've been daily driving her into the Bronx and Manhattan since July.. Such a great drivers car!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #15
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Thanks She's my new lady friend.. Just have to treat her right - but I've been daily driving her into the Bronx and Manhattan since July.. Such a great drivers car!

I live in Newark and drive into Manhattan 3 times a week, I daily drive both my RX7 and the VR4, but I treat them right, my brother owns a car like yours, except black, they are very nice