Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default Visit to the racetrack of Zolder with GLPK

I went to Zolder today, it was a testing day and I had a chance on a couple of laps in a Porsche 993 with a 3.6 RSR 450hp engine. Sadly they had problems with the cooling, so only one of the two coolers worked. The result was that the engine temprature rised to quickly and they couldn't let everyone do a couple laps Naturally the sponsors went first so I missed my shot. They promised me that I'll have another chance when they're testdriving in Francorchamps. We'll see if I can make it...

Last time I made a couple 1600x1200 shots and the rest in 640x480 (because I only have 8 meg memory on my digicam), this time I've chosen for a compromise 1280x960. Sadly I've kinda messed up the settings again so the quality isn't as good as it could have been.

I still think there are a couple of nice shots. Tried to make some cool shots by hanging over the wall next to the racetrack .

Tomorrow it's the testing day for the Le Mans series in Francorchamps. I've talked to Bert Login and he said that I could come with my friend. He drives an 575 GTC so being in a Ferrari pitbox, ... somehow I expect it to be different, to be special. So I'm doubting about going tomorrow. I've got no means of transportation so that would mean going by bike and it's 63 km from my home :-s A bit too much I'm afraid. Would be cool though, to see the Le Mans series in Francorchamps.

I got back from Zolder not so long ago and I'm now going out, so no time to check the other posts (smallband shit).

The memory of my camera was full so I had to delete some pics and couldn't take a picture of all cars.
Some other racing cars that were there: Renault Megane, Alfa Fluvia, BMW 2000, Mini Cooper, Renault Clio Cup
Some other cars on the parking lot: AC Cobra, Lotus Elise Mk1, 911 C4S, Sti, 911 996 Turbo, CL500

A couple action shots:

Porsche 928 overtaken by a 320i Touring

A Citroen 2CV (incredible isn't it ) blasting next to the wall

2 Formula BMW shots

BMW 320i Touring

The Porsche 993 were I wanted a drive in

Cars in the pitlane (Ultima GTR - Volvo S40 - M3 GTR - Opel Mantra - 911 Cup - 911 GT3 - 2 Caterhams - Ford Mondeo):

Some cars I saw in the parking lot (M3 - TVR Tuscan - GT3RS - Ferrari 308):

1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote