Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #16
blah
Regular User

I hate airbus. Im a fan of Boeing, ive always thought of airbus as cheap.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:57 PM   #17
gobs3z
Regular User

Well i've always seen Boeing as the leader in passanger air travel since they've been in the game the longest and have the most experience with innovation. To my knowledge Airbus doesn't have any defense contracts like Boeing. Since Boeing has defense contracts it forces them to push the limits innovation. Boeing has far more advanced technologies than Airbus just by looking at the other branches they. Boeing lost out on the JSF program, but they gained several advancements in aviation from the fight with Lockheed over the contract. Taking what they learned from their aircraft they can apply it to their passanger aircraft such as less expensive ways to build carbon fiber wings and composite materials.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #18
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
LOL I love it how our American members here all say boeing is the best and they are far more advanced when airbus just have launched the most hightech and biggest passanger plane today.......

In a couple of years when boeing realize this plane are a sucses they will also build their giant......

I realize you want to support your own company and all, but this plane is great and it will bring passanger travel a step further...

Of course we should have had cheap super sonic flight instead, but it doesnt seem to be the way it goes.....
Its ok as long as boieng makes the planes that will bomb your house thats all that matters. 8)
Old 04-27-2005, 06:36 PM   #19
gobs3z
Regular User

I just can't think of anything that Airbus has ever done to drastically change the aero industry. Well Boeing developed the first glass cockpits for production airliners, and the Boeing 247D was the first truly modern airliner. It was almost like the Concorde of the early 1930s because it was so fast. And airbus adds extra seats to an airplane, wooptydoo, haha.

The Euro-Fighter is one hell of a plane, it took England, Germany, Spain, Italy to develope it. While the lonely U.S. developes the more superior F-22. Lets just hope all these countries fight with each other and never against or else brembo might just end up watching Euro-Fighter crash in front of his house.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 04-27-2005, 06:39 PM   #20
blah
Regular User

LOL yeah I guess when the imperalistic hands of the US starts making havoc in Europe too that will be the case, we just have to try and use those crappy F-16 planes and such to defend us..... if we havnt gotten the Euro fighter by then that is......
Next time the germans come skiing into your villages dont call us, well be busy driving our SUVs on rims anyways.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:48 PM   #21
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
I just can't think of anything that Airbus has ever done to drastically change the aero industry. Well Boeing developed the first glass cockpits for production airliners, and the Boeing 247D was the first truly modern airliner. It was almost like the Concorde of the early 1930s because it was so fast. And airbus adds extra seats to an airplane, wooptydoo, haha.

LOL your post reminds me of those people who think its just to slap a turbo charger on a engine and by magic make a ton more power.....

I do not say that boeing havnt made great planes, but for how long can you live on have done and the past....... ....the E-type jag was fast in its days too, but not that fast compared to what you get today......
Are you saying you can't just put a T-78 turbo on a Suzuki Swift and make 1200hp, your crazy!!! The only other large aircraft designer is Lockheed, and maybe someday they'll put Boeing and Airbus to shame.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:10 PM   #22
blah
Regular User

LOL your post reminds me of those people who think its just to slap a turbo charger on a engine and by magic make a ton more power.....

I do not say that boeing havnt made great planes, but for how long can you live on have done and the past....... ....the E-type jag was fast in its days too, but not that fast compared to what you get today......
Are you saying you can't just put a T-78 turbo on a Suzuki Swift and make 1200hp, your crazy!!! The only other large aircraft designer is Lockheed, and maybe someday they'll put Boeing and Airbus to shame.
I think boieng is gonna take over lockheed in the not to far future. THey are working together more and more on tech and planes. AIrbus will be crushed! You know us americans, we cant have the french out do us.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:15 PM   #23
gobs3z
Regular User

The U.S. government won't let Boeing take over Lockheed, ever...... For the reason that they need two major aircraft manufacturers to keep competition high which drives the technology portion of the aeronautics. And the you know the U.S. feels about monopolies. If history says anything, I'm pretty sure that all the French Euro-Fighters will end up in their enemies hands in no time.

Old 04-27-2005, 07:18 PM   #24
blah
Regular User

AHAHAHAHAHA That was a good one about the french. They will end up with all their missiles, the tags not even off them.

Also i wouldnt be suprised if the Government allowed it in order to fight airbus. Hell they let McDonald Douglas and Boeing merge and McD was the second biggest in the world.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:01 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

LOL I love it how our American members here all say boeing is the best and they are far more advanced when airbus just have launched the most hightech and biggest passanger plane today.......

In a couple of years when boeing realize this plane are a sucses they will also build their giant......

I realize you want to support your own company and all, but this plane is great and it will bring passanger travel a step further...

Of course we should have had cheap super sonic flight instead, but it doesnt seem to be the way it goes.....
Airbus and Boeing are equal counerparts in the jet liner business.. but such a huge plane is a stupid idea.

All you do is place a huge strain on existing airports that are already stretched to capacity.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:46 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Airbus and Boeing are equal counerparts in the jet liner business.. but such a huge plane is a stupid idea.

All you do is place a huge strain on existing airports that are already stretched to capacity.
Thats a retarded statment RC there will be the same amount of people traveling in 2006 with or without the Airbus...
The only differene is that if all the Boeing jumbos where changed with Airbus planes there would be half of the planes flying in and out of the airports thereby less "traffic jams" in the air and on the run way.......

Its easy really if you take 20 cars out of the city and put the people in them onto a bus there will be 20 less cars cluttering up the traffic and everybody will be coming and going faster......it just happens that it was Airbus launching its plane first and not the mighty Boeing so you dont like it.....
Im sure you will change your tune when Boeing announce their big bird as Im sure it must be terrible for an American company not to have the biggest plane anymore, and when its the French who got it, it must be even harder....

Give it a few years and Boeing will come around when they see the Airbus doing well.....they hoped for 150 sold planes by the summer of 2005 by now they have sold 144 and they flew it for the first time two days ago.......It seems it will work out nicely for Airbus......
I will call any company who makes such big aircraft stupid.

Fewer flights with the same number of pax is not the profitable answer.

It is also not what over stressed airports need.

It is not about the planes and pax - it is about the airport infrstructures to handle the comings and goings efficiently.

Singapore Air replacing a couple 747's for the haul from Aussie to Singers is not the only type of route that exists in the world.

Number of flights will not be reduced they will stay the same or go up - there by simply putting strain on the airports.

*shrug*
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:57 PM   #27
gobs3z
Regular User

You also have to realize this plane would barely make a dent in having less flights since it will be placed in mostly international flights such as New York to Birtain or San Fransisco to Japan. 747's that make those trips now are barely getting booked with the way the airline industry is moving. The A380 will end up carrying passengers with plenty of seats left open. If they give it just a little larger passenger capacity than the 747 and put the extra space to leg room and comforts. It's supposed to be about a 550 passenger airplane with capabilities of 800 passangers(hope that never happens).