Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #31
T-Bird
Regular User

congratulations man!
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #32
blinkmeat
Regular User

Congrats and I hope she's holding food down now
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:47 PM   #33
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Congratulations Sir_GT, to you, to baby and to the mother of the baby. She's a cutie! 28 hours is sure long labour. Was the C-section planned or chosen due long labour? Welcome to the fatherhood!

Few more daddies and we can set up fathers forum where we can talk about diapers and stuff Just today I changed shitty diapers to my younger son wearing three layers of clothes on the back seat of my car equipped only with clean diaper and few pieces of paper. Being a father is never boring
C-section was the only option when the cervix wouldn't dilate past 7cm after 24 ours. I have pics of the operation, but I opted not to post them.

Sad news is that our baby can't seem to hold most of her food down, so we've had to leave her at the hospital. I really feel gutted, but there's no other choice. Finger's crossed that everything goes well, as she's with a real good pediatrician.
After seeing the act twise, I believe you without the pics

It really brakes parents hearts when you have to leave a little baby in the hospital. Can't your wife stay with the baby, if she's breast feeding her? My older son had an infection right after the birth and he was two days in intesive care. You can imagine our worry. We were visiting hospital all the time they allowed.
My younger son had a respitory infection at one month old and he was in intensive car for a week. It was really painfull to watch him suffer, but my wife was with him days and nights in the hospital.

They look so helpless and small, but they're figthers afterall. I'm sure your baby will be at home with you soon. Try not to worry too much!
If I had unlimited money, then yes, I would be more than happy to let my wife stay at the hospital with the baby.

Unfortunately, we don't have a UK-style NHS system here. Over here, you pay for everything. Even if you have insurance coverage, you still pay a pretty hefty contribution.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #34
Sir_GT
Regular User

Congratulations Sir_GT, to you, to baby and to the mother of the baby. She's a cutie! 28 hours is sure long labour. Was the C-section planned or chosen due long labour? Welcome to the fatherhood!

Few more daddies and we can set up fathers forum where we can talk about diapers and stuff Just today I changed shitty diapers to my younger son wearing three layers of clothes on the back seat of my car equipped only with clean diaper and few pieces of paper. Being a father is never boring
C-section was the only option when the cervix wouldn't dilate past 7cm after 24 ours. I have pics of the operation, but I opted not to post them.

Sad news is that our baby can't seem to hold most of her food down, so we've had to leave her at the hospital. I really feel gutted, but there's no other choice. Finger's crossed that everything goes well, as she's with a real good pediatrician.
After seeing the act twise, I believe you without the pics

It really brakes parents hearts when you have to leave a little baby in the hospital. Can't your wife stay with the baby, if she's breast feeding her? My older son had an infection right after the birth and he was two days in intesive care. You can imagine our worry. We were visiting hospital all the time they allowed.
My younger son had a respitory infection at one month old and he was in intensive car for a week. It was really painfull to watch him suffer, but my wife was with him days and nights in the hospital.

They look so helpless and small, but they're figthers afterall. I'm sure your baby will be at home with you soon. Try not to worry too much!
If I had unlimited money, then yes, I would be more than happy to let my wife stay at the hospital with the baby.

Unfortunately, we don't have a UK-style NHS system here. Over here, you pay for everything. Even if you have insurance coverage, you still pay a pretty hefty contribution.
Then I understand. In here we have to pay just a little and there's a limit for payments per year. I think we reached the limit and our insurance for the baby covered everything for 50€ own risk.
Well, the only thing I regret is NOT being "prepared for the unprepared", such as the baby having complications. Although the great news is that she's doing much better now.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #35
gucom
Regular User

^^really good to hear
Old 03-10-2007, 12:41 PM   #36
TopGearNL
Regular User

Yeah thats great to hear Sir_GT!