Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-19-2004, 08:21 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default Aggggggh Never use Public Transport!!!

O.K. So if your all sitting comfortably i'll tell you a little story of my "cheap" night out to watch some football. I went from derby to Wallsall Bescott STADIUM station on the train to watch a football (soccer) match between Wallsall and Luton with two friends one a wallsall fan one a luton fan........ the train was cheap only £9 return each ...... so rather than me driving we went by train so we could all drink All went fine until after the match We went to wait to catch the train for which the station is directly outside the "Bescott Stadium" Hence it being called Bescott Stadium Station!!! LOL Anyway the 10:35 train was delayed by about 10 minutes meaning we missed our connection at Birmingham and guess what it was LAST one of the night :roll: Anyway we went to customer services and they had the cheek to tell us it was our fault for not allowing 12 minutes changeover time or something :x and also said we should have caught the 9:35 train which of course left before the Match had finished!!! Anyway all other options exhausted we managed to haggle a Taxi down from £70 to £50 from Birmingham to Derby..... And I'm about to pen a very angry letter to the train company demanding a refund and compensation... not sure if we really have the right to it but quite frankly i don't care at the moment LOL
Old 10-19-2004, 08:32 PM   #2
gis
Regular User

LOL i think u should write the letter,if its there fault you missed there own train then you deserve a refund

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:40 PM   #3
Anonymous

Originally Posted by gis
LOL i think u should write the letter,if its there fault you missed there own train then you deserve a refund
Indeed i believe it is really, hopefully we can get some money back for the taxi aswell but that might be pushing our luck
Old 10-19-2004, 08:49 PM   #4
Roadster44
Regular User

sue them AL !

of course its their fucking fault for makign 1 train lat and not rescheduling the other to compensate
Roadster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 08:54 PM   #5
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
sue them AL !

of course its their fucking fault for makign 1 train lat and not rescheduling the other to compensate
LOL Can you repesent me in court Dan Needless to say i'll be drivng next time
Old 10-20-2004, 02:35 AM   #6
Anonymous

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
I have never been in England, but I have only heard bad words about the British railways from the friends have been there. Don't you have any busses? It' easy to sit in the backseat of the bus and drink, and feel sick because of all the shaking
Write an very angry letter!
Well we did try and get a bus, but no luck.... though we did consider sleeping at the bus station as that didn't close But we had to come back really one of my mates has work this morning and i have to go into uni early
Old 10-20-2004, 02:46 AM   #7
dingo
Regular User

£50 for a taxi......how far is it from Birmingham to Derby?
Old 10-20-2004, 02:50 AM   #8
Anonymous

Originally Posted by dingo22
£50 for a taxi......how far is it from Birmingham to Derby?
About 50 miles i would guess
Old 10-20-2004, 03:51 AM   #9
TT
Regular User

Dang, unlucky but LOL at least you were not like 200 miles form home

I doubt a letter will change anything, but still a must!
Old 10-20-2004, 04:42 AM   #10
5vz-fe
Regular User

I'd a similar experience ....... I think 5 years ago I was on my way to have a interview with a new job, since I don't want to hit traffic and get late, I decided to take the "GO Train" <-- Toronto Train Service from uptown to downtown.... but the Go Train decided to be 30 minutes delay (it's off rush hour time)....so I went to the customer service and complain....I get pretty much the same story as u, only that he told me to get 1 hour margin ...LOL!!!! (well actually it's not funny, I didn't get to the interview ontime and of course, didn't get the job)....u would think ppl would appologize to the very least, but no...they always f**king blame..... Maybe that is why they get paid so shitty .....
Old 10-20-2004, 06:40 AM   #11
Anonymous

Originally Posted by TT
Dang, unlucky but LOL at least you were not like 200 miles form home

I doubt a letter will change anything, but still a must!
Indeed i doubt the letter or anything will change their minds but i might go to derby station in person to complain anyway

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
I'd a similar experience ....... I think 5 years ago I was on my way to have a interview with a new job, since I don't want to hit traffic and get late, I decided to take the "GO Train" <-- Toronto Train Service from uptown to downtown.... but the Go Train decided to be 30 minutes delay (it's off rush hour time)....so I went to the customer service and complain....I get pretty much the same story as u, only that he told me to get 1 hour margin ...LOL!!!! (well actually it's not funny, I didn't get to the interview ontime and of course, didn't get the job)....u would think ppl would appologize to the very least, but no...they always f**king blame..... Maybe that is why they get paid so shitty .....
Damn your experience sounds even worse an hour is a complete joke and it was for something important too :roll: As you say the least they could do is apologise but that would mean admitting they're wrong
Old 10-20-2004, 07:11 AM   #12
stracing
Regular User

i know too well how you feel. i experience delayed or cancelled train services everyday. thats how shitty it is in sydney. not a lot we can do about it. its the government. yet they still have the audacity to extort us for their fucked up services.

i wish our transport was like hong kong, sure its packed but it gets you to places on time.
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:40 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

there isnt much mass transit here in michigan... busses in some cities.

anyway, i can relate quite a bit to that story when I was in Paris, and all the subway stations close at midnight, and i ended up walking about 5 miles or so to get back to the hotel. cirtainly not as far as you would've had to walk...
good luck with the letter
Old 10-20-2004, 02:14 PM   #14
5vz-fe
Regular User

^hahaha, subway...oh man......ask anyone in Toronto, the subway here is stupidly the worst. If someone has a medical issue on the subway, they would stall the train (of course this would back up the entire line) and wait for the medic to come. This process usually last for about 15~20 minutes (sometimes worse). Then, becoz the line is backed up, if the train in front of u have more passenger get on a particular station, u would pay the price for ur train will have to wait for them to be done before getting to the station. So, the later ur stop is, the more delay u have. It is very stupid. All they need to do is just have the subway drivers (yeah, it's not computerized, there are usually 4 of them on one train.......union has something to do with this too) do an emergency medical trainning course, so that they are legal to move the troubled person out onto the station. <sigh> anyways.....Toronto Go Train and TTC subway are the same shit.