Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default After a year, this place still rules

Well, today makes it a full year that i have been here and i can honestly say, this place still kicks ass When i first got here i noticed the join dates of some of the older members and thought "how the hell do you stick around on a web forum for that long??", or in TT's case "how the hell do you rack up THAT many posts??". Well, i still don't know the answer but JW just seems to addict you after like 2 days

Seriously though, the community here is one of the rarest on the net and the nicest hands down. I haven't seen a forum like this anywhere and it's weird going anywhere else because you get used to how everyone is here and expect the next forum to be somewhat the same but it's instantly apparent a to just how unique JabbasWorld is.

I didn't really notice how much this place changed over the past year until today. Dan really has busted his ass with the new upgrades in the short time since his promotion to admin, with all the new forums, features, skins and functions that most of us probably haven't even noticed. TT with his constant monitoring (which now is probably not needed as much) of the whole place for trolls, leeches and jackasses, postwhoring the whole way and of course Jabba who continues to supply us with this great distraction from reality and everything that it contains

as i said in the very beginning, i plan on sticking around for a very long time and with 6K posts in a year, i'm wondering if i can hit 12K by next year (which my guess is, i'll be about 35K or so BEHIND TT )

Thanks to everyone who is running this place and everyone else who makes JW what it is

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
styla21
Regular User

I found myself nodding my head continuously while reading this Z.
I've been actively reading JW for around a year also, and although i don't post every 5 seconds - i feel that this place is a welcome home on the interweb.
The reason it's so awesome is definately the people - what an awesome crew!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

0X
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
jorge
Regular User

This forum has something that makes you an adict to it, and i think itīs the best one hands down on the net if you like sportscars
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #5
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

its the best one hands down if you like anything motorized! i lov this site, and it really is one of the best sources of information for just about anything. great people too!
Old 09-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

one more note: I've never understood why anyone would need a 40 Gig hard drive or that they even made a hard drive with 200 Gigs until i got here. Even without the DL club, the hilarious vids that get put up in vids and pics links have had me teetering on 10% space free almost all year :shock:

Old 09-08-2005, 11:21 PM   #7
antonioledesma
Regular User

Default Re: After a year, this place still rules

postwhore!!! 6k posts in a year?!?!? only TT beats you in postwhoring

I've been here for... a year and...9 months as a regular member. You don't notice the time flying by in this place.
now it has been a "better" place without so many ppl asking for the videos. You remember how many requests for the video were each week? Even the Hall of Shame was unused these last couple of months

Jabba, even when he hasn't been around so many times as last year, continues to provide us this great place, paying for the huge bills. Not giving his company full time attention because he's still around here

TT... what can we say about him . Postwhore to the max, has time to be here, in his website, study, have a girlfriend and take pics.

Fish with his tech support and right now he must give all the time he can to his lovely child and work for a living.

Dan-san with his witchcraft, giving minutes of laugh and leech/leakers hunt .

For all the mods,etc...thanks
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

i'd offer to go in and get it for you dude but i don't know my way around there...and i'm pretty sure they'd look at me funny if i said i was helping a friend at another college

Old 09-09-2005, 02:54 AM   #9
ae86_16v
Regular User

Default Re: After a year, this place still rules

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
postwhore!!! 6k posts in a year?!?!? only TT beats you in postwhoring

For all the mods,etc...thanks
Hahaha. . . seriously. I've only got 1200 posts.

Yeah, definitely thanks for all the mods for great work in keeping this place in tip top shape!!!
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:14 AM   #10
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Originally Posted by jorge
This forum has something that makes you an adict to it, and i think itīs the best one hands down on the net if you like sportscars
that goes double for me mate
Old 09-09-2005, 04:01 AM   #11
blinkmeat
Regular User

This' the sickest orgy I've ever been to -

Seriously though... this is a great place to hang out - I like the boobies
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:24 AM   #12
stmoritzer
Regular User

It's not a year for me, but I'm sure I will have the same thoughts about JW, when Nov 18th arrives

totally agree with ZfrkS62, antonioledesma and dani

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:50 AM   #13
Jabba
Regular User

Thanks for all your kind words....I have been having a good look at quite a few other forums this week similar to JW...and I would say only Racing Flix seems to be offering a complete package as we do...its still probably a better site overall but with all the improvements that Dan has been making recently we sure are starting to catch up fast.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:27 AM   #14
gis
Regular User

^^^ Ah if it wasnt for that 150 page thread at RF,would JW have been created or at least thought of as soon as it was,wasnt it one of my VHS's that i sent you Jabba that was the start of that threat at RF? the max power one

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:30 AM   #15
Jabba
Regular User

Yep that was one of the videos indeed...but the very first one I did was a zonda roadster clip by 5th gear.

If you want to go back pre RF days the very first video that I ever did was the Lambo VT Roadster / clarkson / lambo test driver vid...shame I didnt put a banner on that one...it shows up everywhere now.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote