Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-09-2005, 05:31 AM   #16
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Jabba
Thanks for all your kind words....I have been having a good look at quite a few other forums this week similar to JW...and I would say only Racing Flix seems to be offering a complete package as we do...its still probably a better site overall but with all the improvements that Dan has been making recently we sure are starting to catch up fast.
er define better...... errrrrrrrm making money from copyrighted material, that is not there's to do so with.No matter how much you argue the toss they undoubtably get customers because they offer top gear, fifth gear clips etc. mark my words they will get owned for it, no matter how much "Josh speak" they put out, we know the BBC blah blah blah. Yeh sure and JC's your best buddy, oh and lets not forget five tv who undoubtably gave you permission to host their clips for them when they have an official download service :roll: Add to that the forums seem to be inhabited by a worse level of kiddies and arseholes than a certain filesharing site. Anyway rant over nearly, the only good thing they do have i suppose is the featured ride section, which i believe will return to JW in future. Even that IMO is flawed i could send in a few pics an vids and get featured :roll:
Old 09-09-2005, 05:33 AM   #17
Minacious
Regular User

Don't you guys understand, your addiction is controlled by us. It is all a part of the JW World Domination. All your minds will belong to us.

Seriously though, there is definately no other community that I have come across like the JW community. There is definately something special here.

Your minds do belong to us though.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:38 AM   #18
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
Anyway rant over nearly, the only good thing they do have i suppose is the featured ride section, which i believe will return to JW in future. Even that IMO is flawed i could send in a few pics an vids and get featured :roll:
Yeh we kill them on "spirit" but one thing I bet we agree on that they do better than us....getting people to post comments under the video downloads LOL.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:53 AM   #19
komotar
Regular User

I think I agree with everything said by Zfrk, dani and others.

It's insane how well this site is organised. How many new posts and stupid ones are created every day. All the way from the "what you saw today" section to all the "breakinf news" or the political forums.

I can come here every day and see something new to read or download or to discuss about.

And as dani said, everytime something great happens to me, car related or not, I emediatly think: JW will love this. Although I haven't posted much pics or posted in general in the last two or three months, because I've been very busy, JW is very often the first thing I think about when I see a great car....

So I guess I'd like to thank all the responsible people that make JWwhat it is.

From Jabba to every last member that contributes.

Thx 8)

Long live JW 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:59 AM   #20
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by komotar
I think I agree with everything said by Zfrk, dani and others.

It's insane how well this site is organised. How many new posts and stupid ones are created every day. All the way from the "what you saw today" section to all the "breakinf news" or the political forums.

I can come here every day and see something new to read or download or to discuss about.

And as dani said, everytime something great happens to me, car related or not, I emediatly think: JW will love this. Although I haven't posted much pics or posted in general in the last two or three months, because I've been very busy, JW is very often the first thing I think about when I see a great car....

So I guess I'd like to thank all the responsible people that make JWwhat it is.

From Jabba to every last member that contributes.

Thx 8)

Long live JW 8)
You were another member of Racing Flix that found their way to JW right ?
Old 09-09-2005, 06:15 AM   #21
komotar
Regular User

yes indeed.

I started coming to JW because of it's versatility and because the extreeme slowness of the server on RF. It took ages for some pages to open, not to mention that I had to wait like an hour do dl a clip that was only 20mb.

Then at one point the whole site went down for a longer period of time and that was the time I just had enough.

By the time RF came back online I tried to visit them every day, but the chemistry just wasn't there. It was not the same.

Owais was talking about a whole new layout, new colours and stuff........

And by then I got involved with JW so much that I just didn't need other forums to fulfill my needs, and I found the "what you saw today" section, that spawned my car hunter days that eventually led to my involment with journalism.

So yeah, to make a long story short, I found my way to JW from RF. 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:18 AM   #22
Jabba
Regular User

Yeh a disturbence in the chemistry was what caused JW to be created and the rest is history as they say.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:20 AM   #23
dingo
Regular User

I also agree with ev everything thats been said!

If it wasn't for this place and especially the WYST section (which really started my love of photographing cars) my trip to Alice Springs probably would never have happened - and thats the best experience I've had so far in my life!

So I owe this place alot....

Thanks to everyone!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:24 AM   #24
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
I also agree with ev everything thats been said!

If it wasn't for this place and especially the WYST section (which really started my love of photographing cars) my trip to Alice Springs probably would never have happened - and thats the best experience I've had so far in my life!

So I owe this place alot....

Thanks to everyone!
The credit for that idea and section goes to RC45.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:25 AM   #25
dingo
Regular User

well then thanks to RC.....damn I owe you alot now.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:29 AM   #26
Anonymous

Originally Posted by AL123
Anyway rant over nearly, the only good thing they do have i suppose is the featured ride section, which i believe will return to JW in future. Even that IMO is flawed i could send in a few pics an vids and get featured :roll:
Yeh we kill them on "spirit" but one thing I bet we agree on that they do better than us....getting people to post comments under the video downloads LOL.
lol yeh what is with that, if someone takes the time to rip encode, find a host or even just hunt down a linky how hard is it to say thanks for the time that person has taken to give you something you will hopefully enjoy?? of course with the new danvault system big brother is watching
Old 09-09-2005, 07:55 AM   #27
st-anger
Regular User

....yep, DEFINITELY something special 0X

Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:29 AM   #28
Ian_yamaue
Regular User

JW is so special, but I don't consider it the best car forum... It's the best forum on internet... I can't forget to mention the JW members... Bunch of good people... I feel good to be part of it...

It takes even better day after day...

Thnx Jabba and thnx everyone
Old 09-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #29
saadie
Regular User

JW is a hell lot more then what it seems .....
thanks Jabba, TT and dan for all the wonders we share here .... .

long live JW 8)
Old 09-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Thanks for all your kind words....I have been having a good look at quite a few other forums this week similar to JW...and I would say only Racing Flix seems to be offering a complete package as we do...its still probably a better site overall but with all the improvements that Dan has been making recently we sure are starting to catch up fast.
Don't worry old cahp - RF used to have some character in the form of the forums, but they got all convoluted and full of tripe spewing yahoos..

And I check back every now and again - and unless there is an entire treasure trove of "special videos" for paying members over there, the video archive has not really grown much over the last 2 years.

Then again, the idea of paying $5 a month to help pay for Awais next car mod is not what one has in mind when you think of "spreading the wealth"
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote