Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-25-2004, 05:38 AM   #1
nchs09

Default Ah! rant rant rant

still... in spring break i got a ticket, and because of it i wont be able to attend a couple of shows i wanted to!!!! stupid american cops! why dont they jsut chill the hell out :roll: god its been 3 weeks since iv got it and im still pissed!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:39 AM   #2
Anonymous

1 year driving and still no tickets pure luck mate especially with the number of speed camera here in the uk. Sorry to hear about your bad luck are the police really strict where you are then. over here at least the cops use some discretion!
Old 03-25-2004, 08:48 AM   #3
gis
Regular User

no tickets here either and i been driving just a tad over a year.UK cops have limits and will let u go sumtimes with just a warning,but if u catch the wrong cop at the wrong time,he will giv u a ticket no questions asked

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

ive gotta wait until may 9th before my ticket is off my record, so im trying to be a good boy until then. the new car isnt helping that....
Old 03-25-2004, 01:03 PM   #5
Anonymous

What kind of shows where you going to go to.

i have 27 tickets
12 moving violations.

i hate ticket giving cops to
Old 03-25-2004, 02:07 PM   #6
nchs09

well cops here in the us are bitches, they give u a ticket for everything... i guess you are breaking the law so its not their fault bout mine.... but still RELAX.... jesus.... ya im still pissed..... 1st ticket in 4 years of driving, i dont want to tell my parents i got it, so i have to pay 50 bucks extra on ensurence plus 150 for the ticket.. which is leaving me broke... no job either
Old 03-25-2004, 02:10 PM   #7
TT
Regular User

Well, we can't really complain if there are laws and you brake them you should expect to be punished if caught cops just do their job, and most of the time it's really "to serve and protect" so when we get a ticket (got two in my life so far), we should be pissed off only at ourself
Old 03-25-2004, 02:25 PM   #8
saadie
Regular User

TT ...... its different everywhere ...... Mostly, these days the cops mess things up themselves ......

like .... abt a month ago ...... a cop stopped ma bro ..... he asked for the licence .... ma bro showed him the licence ...... he says its FAKE .... ma bro called ma dad ...... ma dad went ther in his satff car [ ma dads a general ] .. when the cop saw ma dads car .... he was like all crapped out ....... after abt a min he let ma bro go ......

newayz .. all i wanna saw is ... all cops try to make money these days .... and this one asked for 800 bucks ...... u dont get charged 800 when doin a 200km on a 160km highway ...
Old 03-25-2004, 02:36 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

all cops try to make money these days
Yes I understand in some parts of the world is maybe different than in Switzerland, but well, here cops are there to keep the established order. Without cops probably the society as we know it won't be a reality and so on..

Of course I blame "assholish" cops trying to gain money illegally just abusing thanks to their "power".. but usually it's not like that.
Old 03-25-2004, 02:44 PM   #10
saadie
Regular User

Of course I blame "assholish" cops trying to gain money illegally just abusing thanks to their "power".. but usually it's not like that.
so true .......

over here .... the cops got 2003 honda civic vti oreals .... i've seen them racing wid ppl .. lol ... and the best part is one cop blew his engine .....
Old 03-25-2004, 02:57 PM   #11
nchs09

Originally Posted by saadie
TT ...... its different everywhere ...... Mostly, these days the cops mess things up themselves ......

like .... abt a month ago ...... a cop stopped ma bro ..... he asked for the licence .... ma bro showed him the licence ...... he says its FAKE .... ma bro called ma dad ...... ma dad went ther in his satff car [ ma dads a general ] .. when the cop saw ma dads car .... he was like all crapped out ....... after abt a min he let ma bro go ......

newayz .. all i wanna saw is ... all cops try to make money these days .... and this one asked for 800 bucks ...... u dont get charged 800 when doin a 200km on a 160km highway ...
The most usege of ..... EVA!!!!

TT i understand if i was indangering people. but it was like 2 pm in alabama, the highway there is a huge highway, like 6 lanes each side, and i was the only one on the road, no danger was posed to anyone...
i guess i was going preatty fast thoguh, so i cant complain
but yes, when cops start pacing you and turningoff their radar behind you, they are just looking to bust people, not to protect and serve...
Old 03-25-2004, 03:01 PM   #12
jpatino03
Regular User

Ouch. I'm from Athens, so I know all about southern cops. Fuck them.
It's all revenue, they couldn't give a fuck about "public safety" or "order."
Remember: Speeding is not a crime!

Edit: In fact, I'd go as far as to say that southern speed cops are the scum of the earth.

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:02 PM   #13
nchs09

ah speeding unfortunally is a crime... i dont feel like looking it up on a dictionary but i imaigne the definition is breaking a law...
Old 03-25-2004, 03:02 PM   #14
TT
Regular User

TT i understand if i was indangering people. but it was like 2 pm in alabama, the highway there is a huge highway, like 6 lanes each side, and i was the only one on the road, no danger was posed to anyone
Sure I know exactly what you mean and I was in similar situations too, but the problem is: you have to draw the line somewhere... and it's impossible to see when the road is clean enough and the driver+car combo good enough to allow fast speeds and so on.. and that's why laws are "absolute".. go above xx mph and you will be fined... judging case by case would be impossible
Old 03-25-2004, 03:07 PM   #15
nchs09

true.. case by case is imposible. i did mesure the distance i could travel and see ahead, and i was amazed at the highway, it was huge, and i could see .8 of a mile ahead of me.. my ticket wasnt that much i guess it was 88 on a 65... i did hit 120 on a long streach of road though, i had it coming to me, i dont know what i as thinking goign 120 for like 10 minutes... BTW, when i did that i wasted like 1/4 of a tank in like 5 minutes.. it was nuts, and my engine is a pussy 1.8 :roll: