Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-20-2005, 02:43 AM   #1
Herceg
Regular User

Default Will the X-box 360 run halo 2?

Now, i was at my friends house(JW=nurbrun) and i was watching him play halo. I was thinking about wich system i should buy when the new ones go on sale, i first thought PS3 but i own a PS2 and rumour has it that X-box live is free on the 360. Now i am just curious to know if i would be able to play halo 2 on X-box Live if i owned a 360?
Herceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:52 AM   #2
Toronto
Regular User

as far as I know they have not said anything about current games working on 360, but does it matter halo 3 will come out with it
Old 07-20-2005, 03:13 AM   #3
Minacious
Regular User

Default Re: Will the X-box 360 run halo 2?

Originally Posted by Herceg
Now, i was at my friends house(JW=nurbrun) and i was watching him play halo. I was thinking about wich system i should buy when the new ones go on sale, i first thought PS3 but i own a PS2 and rumour has it that X-box live is free on the 360.
Supposedly the PS3 won't be out until mid to late next year.

As far as Xbox Live is concerned, there will be two packages offered. The First will be Live Gold. This will be just as Live is right now, a set fee with unlimited play. Then there is Live Silver. This will be free, but play will only be allowed on the weekends.

Now i am just curious to know if i would be able to play halo 2 on X-box Live if i owned a 360?
Microsoft Press Briefing
Company management stated that the Xbox 360 would be backward compatible for “most top selling Xbox games”, and pledged “support “ for the current generation Xbox “well into 2006”.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:14 AM   #4
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
as far as I know they have not said anything about current games working on 360, but does it matter halo 3 will come out with it
Halo 3 will not be out for some time. The plan is to release it when the PS3 comes out to take away some of Sony's steam.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #5
Mers
Regular User

Well my friend, to answer your question in an EXACT as possible manner....look at this...

Some kid, whose stepfather works in M$, thought it would be nice to show his forum buddys, pics of the Test X360 his dad brought home, making his stepdad probably lose his job...
That's what I hear...but I believe it's M$'s marketing at work...
And he's playin Halo 2.....Can't think of a better answer for your qn than that...
Old 07-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #6
pharzo
Regular User

Presumably it will be backwards compatible...don't know if there has been official word on it yet

^^^talk about dads with cool jobs

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:59 PM   #7
bmagni
Regular User

there hasnt been said anything about it, and about xbox live the difference between one and the other will most probably be the ability to have video conferences, not just playing in the weekends, that would be stupid
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #8
666fast
Regular User

The kid with the Xbox 360 thing, some people are saying that it's another goofy ad campaign from Microsoft. How many people do you know live in an apartment with absolutely nothing in it? LOL
Old 07-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
The kid with the Xbox 360 thing, some people are saying that it's another goofy ad campaign from Microsoft. How many people do you know live in an apartment with absolutely nothing in it? LOL
When we lived at Walden Internet Villages in 1997 though 2000 (an apartment complex in Houston started by a wealthy bloke that subsidized a 100mb LAN connected to a DS3 for the apartment residents to share - at no additional cost over your rent) there were MANY young folks who had no furniture except a camp table, sleeping bag and some kickass computer systems

So - believe me, it happens
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #10
pharzo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
When we lived at Walden Internet Villages in 1997 though 2000 (an apartment complex in Houston started by a wealthy bloke that subsidized a 100mb LAN connected to a DS3 for the apartment residents to share - at no additional cost over your rent)
So heaven IS real

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #11
Herceg
Regular User

So heaven IS real
appearently so my friend...appearently so...THANKS FOR ALL THE POSTS GUYS!!!! I saw a show on E3 and they were showing clips of the Ps3's graphix...they were sooo sweet...i hear its going to be a competion between the Nintendo and X-box, only rumours to me... but i rather buy my self a 360, ive always wanted an x-box!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 AM   #12
nurbrun
Regular User

Xbox live silver? thats kinda weird . And today is a great day for Halo 2 players

****NO MORE CHEATERS*****

it feels good
Old 07-21-2005, 12:36 AM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pharzo
Originally Posted by RC45
When we lived at Walden Internet Villages in 1997 though 2000 (an apartment complex in Houston started by a wealthy bloke that subsidized a 100mb LAN connected to a DS3 for the apartment residents to share - at no additional cost over your rent)
So heaven IS real
Yep...

http://www.waldenweb.com/Locations/locations.html

Heaven

Nothing like coming home from a hard day at work and spending an evening moderating the most popular Unreal Tournament Server while your neighbour hosts the most popular Counter Strike Server in the world.

Ahhh - those were the days *sigh*
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:46 AM   #14
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Who needs furniture. My ideal home is this.

A huge room painted all white. In it are a big projector fixed into the cealing, in front of the projection screen a comfy leather couch. Then it would have an in wall storage place for media. And then a big computer desk with 5 LCDs.

Then Id have a bedroom with a huge bed, and some stuff for the ladies.

And a studio....

Now how did an xbox thread turn into me talking about my dream house lol....
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:10 PM   #15
Herceg
Regular User

hahaha sounds pretty sweet!!