Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 07-22-2006, 03:52 AM   #1
racer_f50
Regular User

Default Lady in the Water - film critics are morons

As some of you know this movie came out yesterday with some really poor reviews by film critics. This is yet more proof that these critics are complete fucking idiots who give poor reviews to a movie they don't understand.

Lady in the Water is easily the most beautifully filmed and executed movies I've seen in a long time.

First and foremost, this is NOT a horror movie like the previews make you believe, it is a bedtime story M. Night Shyamalan told to his daughter and made into a movie. It's pretty vital that you don't have this misconception going into the film or you'll definitely be disappointed, as there are only a few "scary" parts that make girls jump. I think this is where critics went wrong so they weren't able to appreciate the movie for what it truly is.

I definitely recommend this movie to any of you who've enjoyed his previous films (6th Sense, The Village, Unbreakable, etc..) as it was a really enjoyable story-line and just overall a great movie.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:17 AM   #2
nickthaskater

Well you can't blame the critics for taking it as a scary movie, since that's all it's ever been advertised as.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:48 AM   #3
racer_f50
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Well you can't blame the critics for taking it as a scary movie, since that's all it's ever been advertised as.
Not quite true, the first previews on TV actually did bill it as a bed-time story, but that ad was short-lived unfortunately.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:56 AM   #4
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

"film critics are morons"
what else is new..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote