Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-26-2005, 10:44 PM   #211
Global Warming
Regular User

So what the fuck is the deal with the online play?!? I am playing a career mode and my best car is a Ferrari Modena with every mod you can have. That still just makes it an S2. But when you go to race online EVERYONE has an S1 so I have no chance to begin with! What really pisses me off is most of the time it wont even let me finish the race! I'm just a few seconds behind but it ends and I get a DNF!!?! That is so lame!! Why even bother racing if you don’t have a X1 in what ever category?!? It really pisses me off, I here playing and they don’t even let me finish! I have actually gotten to finish just 2 races so far out of about 10!!

Plus it seems pretty gay that my best car is always up against almost only Enzos modded as far as they will go. Fucking stupid bullshit!! So far I find the online play to TOTALLY SUCK!! I guess I have to get an Enzo if I want to race online in the S category with any hope of success!! And if that is the case why would anyone ever race any car in any category that is not a 1? Nice design, 75% of the cars in this game have no chance in online play!!
Global Warming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:12 AM   #212
Global Warming
Regular User

So I sold a bunch of cars and bought a koenigsegg and now I'm kicking some ass. And yes you win a shit load of credits for any online race. But the fact that you can not set sub-categories in car classes just ruins the online. You should be able to have a race where only S2 cars etc. are allowed. Like I said, the fact that you can’t makes the vast majority of cars in this game unusable in online.

Also the Nurburgring in online is a joke!! Yes the Nurburgring in the real world has traffic and that is a major factor. But they NEVER start an 8 car race on it!! It is so ridicules. When you race in Forza on the Nring with collision turned on it becomes a game that has nothing to do with driving skill. It’s just a matter of surviving the first few miles which amounts to basically a mosh pit of cars crashing into each other over and over.

The Nurburgring is way, way to narrow for that type of racing in real life and makes the online version just a complete joke!!

They should have put some traffic on the ring including motorcycles and have it only be a time trial. Not a race of 8 cars all starting at the same point!! :roll:

I'm still hooked on Forza but its online leaves a lot to be desired..
Old 08-08-2005, 07:38 PM   #213
SilviaEvo
Regular User

i just made my first paintjob on a car. the Ford GT40. it is the 1968 #6 Gulf GT40 that won Le Mans in 1969 driven by Jacky Ickx and Jackie Oliver. the black stripes are fucked up but i cant get em off the car.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:09 PM   #214
lambo_sol
Regular User

forza rocks
Old 08-24-2005, 05:28 AM   #215
Pokiou
Regular User

man i think some of the people are looking to far into the game ... first u cant play gt3 online so all these gt3 fans should shut up ..... 2ndly the game is coming out with updates and more downloadable cars to so gt4 owners shut up.

arcade marcade simulation jibbulation who gives a rats ass.. how many of you even been on any of those tracks to begin even comapring ??? the nurburing is this is that bla bla bla .. get over it man serously
this game fails in some class but makes up in many others. where as teh sam goes for gt4 SO havea coke and smile and stfu !!!

i dont see engine transplants in gt4 or kit customisations ??? i dont see own soundtrack abilities in gt4 ? i dont see so many stuff that could of been there .... but like some1's signiture here says ...

they programd 50 differnt click sounds in to gt4 when takingt pictures but the ai sucks and so does other crap !!

over it

peace out
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:55 PM   #216
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
i just made my first paintjob on a car. the Ford GT40. it is the 1968 #6 Gulf GT40 that won Le Mans in 1969 driven by Jacky Ickx and Jackie Oliver. the black stripes are fucked up but i cant get em off the car.
nice job dude, it really sucks that the gt-40 has those stripes that are impossible to paint...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:46 PM   #217
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
nice job dude, it really sucks that the gt-40 has those stripes that are impossible to paint...
thanks man but i think we could do the JW Celebrity Lap Times with Forza too because i dont have a PS2
Old 12-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #218
RC45
Regular User

I had searched and didnt see any mention of it here. But for those looking for a new lease on Forza, try the "cheat" profiles.

Creat a new profile named nOsLiW (old PGR folks will recognise this one ) which gives you level 50 everything unlocked.

Create a profile named tEAM4za and start with standard unlocks but have 900,000,000 credits.

Just figured this would help re-ignite this old and dying title...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #219
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I had searched and didnt see any mention of it here. But for those looking for a new lease on Forza, try the "cheat" profiles.

Creat a new profile named nOsLiW (old PGR folks will recognise this one ) which gives you level 50 everything unlocked.

Create a profile named tEAM4za and start with standard unlocks but have 900,000,000 credits.

as far as i know you cant go online with those profiles right ?
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #220
RC45
Regular User

I don't know - never tried, but heard you can't.

I am now having a decent time with my Drivatar.

http://www.research.microsoft.com/mlp/forza/

Great fun improving and racing against them.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #221
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

I just got Forza so no doubt there will be some noob questions from me in the near future. I started in Europe with the TT and spent a bit upgrading it to about 350hp. I put a paintjob on in which I'll post a piccy of later, although it was my first effort

Here's the first question, I have 77000cr. Do I buy the (not-significantly quicker than the TT) Ferrari (430 or 355) or save the cash for now, bearing in mind I have won an ok MR car (NSX)? and if I save the cash, what is the best thing to save up for?

Alternatively I can create a new profile called tEAM4za...

General Q: Now what about this XBox live. What do I need to buy so I can come online and whip ur asses (may not be the case at first. Or ever)?

I have a DSL modem but its not wireless and the PC is 70-80ft from the Xbox Do I need to buy a wireless modem, and if so, does anyone know much about these cos if I buy one I want one that will work in the US and the UK, all I know is that there is 802.11a and b, and 802.11g. One std is US and one UK. Is there a modem that does both? Maybe google is my friend here, but if anyone knows off the top of their heads thatd be helpful.

8)

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 11:14 AM   #222
nthfinity
Regular User

I have a DSL modem but its not wireless and the PC is 70-80ft from the Xbox Do I need to buy a wireless modem, and if so, does anyone know much about these cos if I buy one I want one that will work in the US and the UK, all I know is that there is 802.11a and b, and 802.11g. One std is US and one UK. Is there a modem that does both? Maybe google is my friend here, but if anyone knows off the top of their heads thatd be helpful.
to connect the xbox wireless... you need the wireless adapter... about 100$... personally... 7c /ft. of CAT5 cable, 2$ in connectors, and a 30$ crimpor is all i need... if you arent up to crimping... then wireless is the way to go, or your xbox closer to your router/modem.

hope that helps
Old 12-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #223
TransAm
Regular User

I'll go with cable then I think

thanks

Old 12-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #224
RC45
Regular User

Note!!!!!!

If you want to exploit the "buy an engine for your Jetta (or Z06) and sell it for a profit" bug to make extra money... (which you will need to really enjoy the game )

DO THIS BEFORE GOING ON XBOX LIVE!!!!

It looks like there is an auto-download to patch this bug.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #225
TransAm
Regular User

^ I didnt know about that but I shall look into it. Thanks for the tip!