Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-19-2005, 05:03 AM   #91
jamberl
Regular User

Looks pretty cool.... but personally I prefer vintage p basses:

I bet it sounds great!
Old 10-27-2007, 03:03 PM   #92
nthfinity
Regular User

Way to bring up a dead topic, isn't it? going on 3 years in a few months since the last post!

Finally got around to posting what I've got.... in its decrepit condition, and missing some componentry

The small acoustic came from a garage sale, and plays ok... nice to bring on trips somewhere in a small(er) package, worth every penny of that 10$ and some!

the bigger acoustic is one of my prized guitars, hand built in Mexico, its a classical guitar that is easily worth $2500-3500.

The sunburst Fender strat is my frankenstein... but it doesn't live like it used to. I need to rewire the circuits, and have the guitar re-fretted... and while that happens, I'm going to have the bridge replaced with a 62 reissue style lefty-bridge. Mods include Rosewood scalloped fretboard, Semore Duncan Hotrail dual coil wired as one, and DiMarzio FS-1's as the other two. Also, the guitar strap is a "baby alligator skin" inlay.. and works perfect for the sunburst

I'm not exactly sure what the white guitar is, its another rummage-sale special that under normal usage, plays for crap! but... i bought it for $12 to satisfy a unique want of mine... electric slide! The action is pitiful, and the fret spacing is atrocious! But when sliding, that doesn't matter anyway

The fake-strat Samick was my first guitar, and still plays quite nice. It doesn't get used like it used to when it was my only guitar, but it is only missing a few screws; otherwise perfect.

Also pictured is my Alto Saxaphone... ah the memories. Still sounds mean too

what is missing?
My Crybaby, and Metalzone pedals.... too many feet of 1/4" wire
my Yamaha steel streing acoustic is somewhere.... maybe at a church.
A stolen Yamaha classical acoustic/electric... sounded great, I miss it.

I sold my practice amp... wasn't getting any use, and isn't worth much.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #93
ZfrkS62
Regular User

:shock: good lord those are come deep frets.....

since you revived this thread i may as well post an updated pic:

The 4 string Ibanez on the far left and the 15 watt Crate on the far right were left behind in LA by my roommate when he moved to New Orleans. I called him and asked him if he was going to come back for them and he said he didn't care about them and i could have them if i wanted them. The bass has some wiring issues that i need to investigate and the jack is screwed up, but it still plays pretty well for a free bass

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #94
nthfinity
Regular User

yeah... wiring issues are a PITA

Just got the '62 reissue Fender Tremello, so I think early next week it is going to go off to get re-fretted.