Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 08-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #1546
ya55erm
Regular User

Default Women Only

This course is designed for the woman who enjoys driving and wants to experience the essence of Porsche automobiles as well as enhance her current driving skills. The Women's Only Performance course will not only allow you to pursue your passion for excitement; it will also cater to your need to escape.

The course will begin each day with a fresh breakfast right at the track. Following is a brief classroom session discussing vehicle dynamics and the driving line. Guests are then chauffeured to the paddock where they will begin a series of rotations through the various driving activities. You will experience the Skid Pad, the Performance Driving Techniques exercise, an Autocross as well as spending time on the actual racing surface. Lunch will be served both days in the Patio Room of the fantastic Barber Motorsports Museum. The first afternoon is spent learning the proper driving line, mastering some of the many technical corners of the track and sharpening basic skills during a timed Autocross and Cornering Drill. The morning of day two is dedicated to more on-track sessions and competing in the Michelin Autocross Challenge. Skills are continually refined with track sessions in the afternoon and a visit to the exciting Cayenne off-road course. At the conclusion of day two the group will be invited to tour the incredible collection of motorcycles and unique automobiles on display at the Museum.

This exclusive women's driving program will be nestled within a special Ross Bridge Resort Package¹, which includes the following luxuries:

Spa reservations accepted with a 20% discount the day(s) following your course

Group or private golf lessons offered on a world class course

The Special Porsche Sport Driving School (PSDS) room rate will be available for an additional two days following your course

Complimentary yoga, pilates and hiking trails provided

Please be our guest the evening of day one at the Ross Bridge Resort for a fine dining experience with the staff of the PSDS as the latest fashions are presented throughout your dinner.

All of these luxuries are unique to the Women's Only Performance Course because we want you to join us!²

¹Room Rates at the Ross Bridge are in addition to the course fee
²Due to the high response rate, we cannot hold seats without full payment.

To sign up follow link-
http://www.porschedriving.com/womensonly.htm
ya55erm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #1547
blue8
Regular User

Porsche Design Edition 1 Cayman S

Design studio, Porsche Design, most prominently known for its industrial design approach towards premium and luxury consumer goods worldwide has worked its magic for the first time on a Porsche car. As a modest tribute to the 1972 Chronograph 1 designed by Ferdinand Alexander Porsche (son of Ferry Porsche and grandson of Ferdinand Porsche but most famously known as the man who penned the legendary 911 body design from 1964), 777 Cayman S models will receive this special trim package which reflects all Porsche Design chronographs.

Such details include black Alcantara material covering the gear lever, handbrake grip, three-spoke steering wheel and roof headliner in addition to embossed Porsche crest logo on the headrests. Also, the instrument cluster dials incorporate the design of the original Chronograph 1.

For a slightly more sinister look, the Cayman S Edition 1 receives 10mm lowered suspension, 5 mm wheel spacers with 19-inch wheels from the 911 Turbo. And as a last touch of exclusivity, don't forget the Porsche Design Edition 1 decals on the hood and doors as well as name plate on the glove box identifying the limited edition production number.

Naturally, because this is a Porsche Design project you also get a host of goodies from the Porsche Design product range which include a Flat Six Chronograph briefcase, pocket knife with black blade, a pair of sunglasses, a pen, and a key ring all in matching black.

The Cayman S Edition 1 will be available this November in Germany for a base price of EUR 58,600 (19% VAT excluded) and in the U.S. January 2008. No U.S. pricing has been announced yet.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #1548
Schwalbe

I like all Porsche Design goodies, this Cayman doesn't make exception but a ClubSport version will be more appreciated.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #1549
pitfield
Regular User

Unusually poor taste for Porsche.

What next, a 911 with sausages for door handles?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #1550
Svensson
Regular User

Originally Posted by Schwalbe
I like all Porsche Design goodies.
Thanks, I just got these Porsche Design P'8411 sunglasses, so I feel a bit closer to owning a real Porsche...

Old 08-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #1551
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by Svensson
Originally Posted by Schwalbe
I like all Porsche Design goodies.
Thanks, I just got these Porsche Design P'8411 sunglasses, so I feel a bit closer to owning a real Porsche...

LOL ! I have some Porsche Design articles too, like an LaCie External Hard Drives, wallet, belt, pencils...but sadly no Porsche car in view for a couple of years.

BTW, your new Porsche Design shades look sharp. :good:
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #1552
Svensson
Regular User

^ Haha how cool, I've also got two of those LaCie HD's!
I'm love the subtle "Design by F.A.Porsche" sign on the side of the drive 8)
Old 09-09-2007, 06:03 AM   #1553
gucom
Regular User

just for completenes' sake, because most will probably have heard about this car already: the Porsche Cayenne GTS
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/227648/
with the upcoming Panamera in a couple of years, i think this car won't be out the for very long because it seems to me a more streetcar / sportscarlike cayenne gets really close to the Panamera idea...
Old 02-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #1554
nthfinity
Regular User

Porsche North America shrinks as luxury segment lapses

Alysha Webb
Automotive News Europe
February 18, 2008 - 12:01 am ET

ENLARGE
One Porsche dealer says the Cayenne SUV has been particularly difficult to keep in stock.

SAN FRANCISCO — Porsche Cars North America Inc. is shrinking its supply in response to a slowdown in the luxury segment.

The move may help Porsche avoid oversupply, but it also may exacerbate one of Porsche dealers' big concerns: not having enough product to sell.

"We have seen since October and November last year there is some pressure on the luxury segment," said Peter Schwarzenbauer, CEO of Porsche Cars North America. "We will adjust supply for at least the first half of the year so we can avoid a mild recession."

In 2007, Porsche sold more than 34,000 units in North America, he said.

"If we can get close to that, or even slightly below, I will be really happy," said Schwarzenbauer.

Highlights
• Sales slowdown in luxury segment

• Enough product to sell?

• Porsche's first sedan

Dealers are of two minds about the shrinking supply. Don Hicks, owner of Porsche of Colorado Springs in Aurora, Colo., said his main concern is the lack of units to sell.

Getting enough Cayenne SUVs has been especially difficult, Hicks said.

In contrast, Charles Burton, president of Carlsen Porsche of Redwood City, Calif., and a member of the Porsche Dealer Board of Regents, supports the production slowdown.

"I'd rather they manage inventory properly," Burton said.

Porsche already has cut production twice in recent weeks, he added.

Porsche is priming the market with several new products. Dealers are "extremely happy" with the recently launched Cayenne GTS SUV, said Schwarzenbauer. A new Boxster convertible, the RS60, is "on the horizon," he said.

The most eagerly anticipated new product is the full-sized Panamera sedan. It will be Porsche's first entry into the segment, and is scheduled to arrive in September 2009. It will seat four people, said Schwarzenbauer.

Said Peter Sonnen, a Porsche dealer in Marin County in Northern California: "I can't wait for the Panamera."
nthfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:52 AM   #1555
ae86_16v
Regular User

Porsche's future, 981 and 991 cars:

Originally Posted by Autoblog
CAR has gotten its hands on the Porsche Cayman spy shots we featured earlier, along with a few new snaps of the next 911 undergoing testing. While the Boxster facelift – due to be unveiled at the LA Auto Show this November – and the tweaked Cayman – coming out early next year – won't be anything revolutionary, CAR has revealed speculated that big changes are underfoot for the 911, taking technology, power delivery and driver comfort to levels never thought possible in the iconic coupe. Check out what we're talking about after the jump.

The next 911, internally code-named the 991, is due out in late 2011 and will share several components with the 981 Boxster and Cayman. According to CAR's Porsche source, Mr. Durheimer, "The design can of course be evolutionary, but beneath the skin, almost anything is possible."

To the first point, Durheimer says that "there is no need for old-fashioned protruding door mirrors" and that the newly adopted pedestrian crash standards will cause Porsche to make obvious alterations to the front of the car. The rear will be reshaped to further enhance aerodynamics, along with a new active rear spoiler, adjustable front splitter, integrated "jet vents" in the wheel arches to keep the 911 planted at speed and a new floor pan design.

On the engineering front, the new dual-clutch PDK transmission will be around until 2018, when Porsche may implement a seven-speed CVT (!) into it's range-topping coupe. New materials are also part of the package, and with the knowledge gleaned from the Carrera GT, Porsche hopes to reduce the 911's curb weight by 10 percent through the use of composite materials replacing aluminum.

Within the next decade, Porsche plans to use more active steering and torque vectoring on its new models, along with next-generation PSM stability management, a water-level sensor to combat hydroplaning and, of all things, a parking system with a rear-mounted camera similar to that found on the Lexus LS range and some new Volkswagen products.

Big things are obviously on the way; too bad we'll have to wait 10 years to see if any of it comes to fruition.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/11/i...coming-in-the/

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-...ontent-block=0
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #1556
kach22i
Regular User

ae86_16v...................thank you for the article links.

NOTE:
2008 Los Angeles Auto Show
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/au...008/index.html
We'll be covering the show starting November 19
Architect and Business Owner

Last edited by kach22i; 11-14-2008 at 10:37 AM.
kach22i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #1557
styla21
Regular User

Kach, are you suggesting there is a new Porsche being unveiled that I didn't know about?