Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-06-2004, 02:20 AM   #16
Toronto
Regular User

this is news to me, but he was a great man, although the past few years it has been hard to watch him grow ill.

RIP
Old 06-06-2004, 07:57 AM   #17
blah
Regular User

cant really say much about him. I dont really care he died. But something funny i went out in my bros Z3 and he taught me how to drive stick, i come back and Reagans dead.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:06 PM   #18
FerrariFerrari
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
cant really say much about him. I dont really care he died. But something funny i went out in my bros Z3 and he taught me how to drive stick, i come back and Reagans dead.
Some people don't have a heart.
FerrariFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 12:34 PM   #19
blah
Regular User

yea i guess i dont have a heart when a 93 yr old guy dies. :roll: sorry if i just dont care, Not to mention a 93 yr old guy who lived a very plush life. but Today is D-Day i think thats alittle more important than a guy dying. People die everyday, hes no different now than anyone else to me.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:07 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

A great man, a great president. Rest in Peace Mr.Reagan US needs more people like you.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 04:51 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

yea i guess i dont have a heart when a 93 yr old guy dies. :roll: sorry if i just dont care, Not to mention a 93 yr old guy who lived a very plush life. but Today is D-Day i think thats alittle more important than a guy dying. People die everyday, hes no different now than anyone else to me.
Get a clue - no different? Sure he was a man, and humbled in the end with the disease he suffered through - but that guy made sure you had a country to be born into bub - you might want to open a book once in a while and realize just whom and what has changed the world for the better over time.

Please get clue next time.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 05:36 PM   #22
FerrariFerrari
Regular User

yea i guess i dont have a heart when a 93 yr old guy dies. sorry if i just dont care, Not to mention a 93 yr old guy who lived a very plush life. but Today is D-Day i think thats alittle more important than a guy dying. People die everyday, hes no different now than anyone else to me.
If that's how you feel about it. I will respect your view. I just thought
that because of what this "93 yr old guy" was and all that he did to help
America and the world you may have had a little respect for his death.
FerrariFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:17 PM   #23
graywolf624
Regular User

yea i guess i dont have a heart when a 93 yr old guy dies. sorry if i just dont care, Not to mention a 93 yr old guy who lived a very plush life. but Today is D-Day i think thats alittle more important than a guy dying. People die everyday, hes no different now than anyone else to me.
The man pulled us out of the biggest recession other then the one in 1929 we have ever had. He set economic policies that govt still follows today. He helped end the war with the USSR. Finally, the man always maintained dignity and honor in his dealings. You owe him, whether you want to honor him or not. We honor great men every day. He is just another one.. its not like were naming a holiday for the man.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:07 PM   #24
666fast
Regular User

Been gone all weekend so I've heard nothign on this untill I got home.

Sad day indeed. At least he's been relieved of his terrible illness though.
RIP
Old 06-06-2004, 09:30 PM   #25
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
The man pulled us out of the biggest recession other then the one in 1929 we have ever had. He set economic policies that govt still follows today. He helped end the war with the USSR. Finally, the man always maintained dignity and honor in his dealings. You owe him, whether you want to honor him or not. We honor great men every day. He is just another one.. its not like were naming a holiday for the man.
He had honor and diginity in the white house? Have we forogt arms for hostages? and the great line, I dont remember? Sorry but im not gonna take time out of my life to look back on some one like reagan just cuz he died. To many things going on for me to care abot a dead ex president. You can all jump on me if you want, but the mans dead, why should i care, hes not coming back.

About the USSR thing, they were crumbling before this, thats because they just kept spending and spending like we did, but we had deeper pockets in the end.

My whole point to this is, im not gonna start faking like he was the greatest like everyone else in the world is. John Kerry is now taking a day off to honor him, one of the same people who talks shit about Reaganomics style economies everyday before he died. Alot of people who talked shit about him while he was alive are now backtracking. Bunch of posers. As reagan would say, i guess you can say im Staying the Course, by Bieng Indifferent.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:07 PM   #26
graywolf624
Regular User

Have we forogt arms for hostages?
Reagan was cleared of involvement in iran contra. You can blame that on good old oli north.

About the USSR thing, they were crumbling before this,
They were not in as bad a shape as we would like to believe. If opponents of mr reagan had their way we would have negotiated and given the USSR the decisions on things. The USSR was a major threat to the US in the early 80s.. Major.. Perhaps you are too young to remember these things. Admittedly I was pretty young, but I remember the red fear. As Mr Reagan left the negotiating table.. "Mister Gorbachev, Tear down that wall…"

Also.. when reagan came into office we were in biggest depression since 1929.. The country was unhappy.. morale was at an all time low. When he left we were out of depression and heading into the greatest economic time ever.. the 90s.. And yes. He was the only president who had enough effect on the economy to be credited with that surge.
He also brought great morals in a time after nixon when they were lacking. The man also had an extreme sense of duty. The man got shot for crying out loud and then went right back to his job..

I wish many of you had experienced the 80s in america. I know to the youngins in here it must seem like it was all over drawn hairdos, music, ect. But at the time the unrest in America and abroad makes the current un-iraq thing look like a picnic in the park.

A associate of mine said it best.. "RR brought a vision of an America of "more". More freedom, more self accountability, more involvement in the world, more hope and opportunity. And most importantly an America that could be better tomorrow than it was yesterday. He didn’t believe that we had seen, or done, our best. And he was passionate enough, gifted enough and skillful enough to make the majority of the country believe in his vision as well. We bought into the Ronald Reagan vision of what America could be and we haven't looked back. I believe that will be “The Gipper’s” legacy."
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:27 PM   #27
Schwalbe

The only war that Ronald Reagan lost it's against the arrival of massive imported japanese cars on U.S. ground in the 80'. Remember you of the protectionist measures taken by him. It was "one-way" free exchange.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:36 PM   #28
rsgti
Regular User

Reagan marked an era, good or bad that is up to you and your specific point of view; but he surely stood out as a man with character and determination.

Things that many leaders lack today.

He financed the war here in my country, not a very remarkable / outstanding thing to do, but he also helped when the country was wiped out by the earthquake in 1986.

As I said , good or bad is up to you, BUT HE WROTE HISTORY with his own hands and character
rsgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 12:59 AM   #29
blah
Regular User

On some points though, i believe that reagan had nothing to do with alot of things his administation did. He is kind of like a puppet, his advisors wrote him the script on what to say, and he delievered like a great actor. I believe that alot of the shit that went on wouldnt of led to him, but his advisors had basically controlled everything.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:10 AM   #30
Schwalbe

On some points though, i believe that reagan had nothing to do with alot of things his administation did. He is kind of like a puppet, his advisors wrote him the script on what to say, and he delievered like a great actor. I believe that alot of the shit that went on wouldnt of led to him, but his advisors had basically controlled everything.
You are completely right blah. I believe that your remark applies to several head of state around the world.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote