Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-12-2004, 02:29 PM   #16
fabro_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by oscargarza88
hahahaha fabro!!!!
jaime mausan's page! he is crazy! i dont know how u belive he's crap!
remember the timewhen he said he had this bracelet that teletransported him... they said they found it in a alien a guy found in the woods, they madre this huuuge thing about it and then he just said nothing and later i heard he said it was all bs buti never heard him in tv, but he was so convinced it was!
anyoine who has seen him knows what im talking about, and anyways who cares if an asteriod id going to hit or past close... if were going to die were going to die and that atomic bomb stuff.... too much movies...

LOL yeah I remember that shit, I saw the bracelet here in MTY when I went to a Jaimes presentation on the City Theatre, but men, this is reall, I saw it on a program from a channel called infinitum, and damn is scary nowing a fuckn asteroid can collide...

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:38 PM   #17
TopGearNL
Regular User

I had heared something about that, didn't think that it was true, you got me thinking new and over again :shock:
TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:48 PM   #18
oscargarza88
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s
Originally Posted by oscargarza88
hahahaha fabro!!!!
jaime mausan's page! he is crazy! i dont know how u belive he's crap!
remember the timewhen he said he had this bracelet that teletransported him... they said they found it in a alien a guy found in the woods, they madre this huuuge thing about it and then he just said nothing and later i heard he said it was all bs buti never heard him in tv, but he was so convinced it was!
anyoine who has seen him knows what im talking about, and anyways who cares if an asteriod id going to hit or past close... if were going to die were going to die and that atomic bomb stuff.... too much movies...

LOL yeah I remember that shit, I saw the bracelet here in MTY when I went to a Jaimes presentation on the City Theatre, but men, this is reall, I saw it on a program from a channel called infinitum, and damn is scary nowing a fuckn asteroid can collide...
yea yea...
i bet that thats what u said with the bracelet thing...
and if it is true iit would b if no one knew..
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #19
fabro_s
Regular User

The thing that concerns me, its not the Asteroid, is that GT4 is released on november, thats 2 months after the collision hahaha, man I dont want to die befor playng the game and riding a Fearrari, I hpe it just comes nearby, but I hope it doesnt collide, cause it will suck dying at 19 :roll:

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:40 PM   #20
oscargarza88
Regular User

^^
haha
and i dont think we will die, whu dnt u do a poll, do u thing we r gonna die?
1- yes, lets party!
2- no, its BS
3- i dont care , were conna die someday...

so after that day i can proove to u that we didnt die
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:43 PM   #21
k_zero
Regular User

CGI image of Toutatis

^^^ OMG!! we could get hit by space shit... :shock:
k_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #22
Overmind
Regular User

well, the 1M kms is close, but it is not a colision . So there's absolutely no need to panic. Also please note that if we were about to be hit by an asteroid and goverments were keeping it secret, you WOULD NOT know about it .

also the closest distance is going to be around 1M !miles! not kms, wich is about 4 times further than Moon.

However it IS the biggest several-kilometer Earth-orbit-crossing asteroid to pass near your homes in this century. So if you're still scared and preparing for the End of the World to come. You could really use this web site Earth Impact Effects Program to calculate what kind of damage it will cause etc (for the size enter smth like 2-3 kms, it's current relative (to Earth) speed is 11 km/s). Good luck.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #23
Overmind
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
I saw like a really awsome video related to this just days ago. It was shot in the 60's or something and it showed an asteroid or something come really close to earth, so close, that cameras cought it clearly on film...no, it wasn't just a small spot, it was large and clearly visable. Also, in the 1920's an asteroid that hit earth whiped out a whole forest in Russia.
Actualy it didn't hit the Earth (it exploded above the surface) and actualy it is believed to a comet . Nevertheless it was quite nasty...
Old 07-15-2004, 03:47 PM   #24
nurbrun
Regular User

I wouldnt be soooooo scared if I were you, think about ALL the other asteroids that came close to earth.....and only ONE hit (and thats a maybe) when the dinosaurs were around....so there isnt a BIG chance of them hitting earth
Old 07-15-2004, 07:42 PM   #25
Overmind
Regular User

Originally Posted by nurbrun
I wouldnt be soooooo scared if I were you, think about ALL the other asteroids that came close to earth.....and only ONE hit (and thats a maybe) when the dinosaurs were around....so there isnt a BIG chance of them hitting earth
Actualy if you want to be scared this is the "stone" you're looking for as I said there's no other km+ object wich will get closer than this one. Also this Toutatis has the most chaotic orbit studied to date, a consequence of the asteroid's frequent close approaches to Earth .