Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-21-2003, 04:13 PM   #1
a007apl
Regular User

Default technical collaboration : Audi /Ferrari

Topicality of Ferrari January 2 of this year, we spoke to you about the strong probability of a future technical collaboration between Audi, subsidiary of the German giant VW, and Ferrari/Maserati. It today became a reality with the advertisement made with the automobile show of Frankfurt. This agreement should make it possible Audi to reach certain technologies developed for F1 whereas the Ferrari group should profit from work of Audi in the field of the driving four-wheelers and the diesel engines. This technical collaboration should mainly benefit Audi and Maserati. The details of this agreement should be communicated to us before long. Volkswagen, the giant of Wolfsburg, gathers in his centre of multiple marks among which there are Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley, Lamborghini or Bugatti. Luca di Montezemolo, the president of the Ferrari group specified at the beginning of this year that its company was not related to Automobile FIAT but on financial group FIAT. In addition, Montezemolo had as declared as FIAT had not been any more among the 5 principal sponsors of Ferrari for a few years already and than the hypothetical disappearance of this historical partner for Scuderia would not destabilize it less world. We are not yet there... There are a few months, Bernd Pischetsrieder, the president of the group VW would have declared on the ton of the joke that it would like to buy all the Ferrari group so that one stops asking to him whether VW will launch out in F1. While waiting for that that arrives one day, it is far from probable today, Scuderia Ferrari continued its preparation of the GP of the USA, yesterday in Fiorano. It is Luca Badoer which was responsible for this rolling by carrying out 108 turns (including 20 on the short version of the layout), fastest in 58"020. Scuderia concentrated on the electronic development and that of the Bridgestone tires.

Ps.: I DON'T LIKE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

Dang.. I bet in 50 years there will be only a single brand... we will still have some different badges.. but all of them will be in someway collaborating... :-/
Old 09-21-2003, 04:28 PM   #3
draak666
Regular User

Default Re: technical collaboration : Audi /Ferrari

Originally Posted by a007apl
the Ferrari group should profit from work of Audi in the field of ... the diesel engines.
Horrifieing thought. :shock:
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 04:32 PM   #4
initiala4
Regular User

Is VW group that loaded with cash? It seems like they are sweeping almost anything classic or exotic in the way. I cant imagine what happens if Ferrari joins them...an F1 car badge with VW :roll:
initiala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 04:37 PM   #5
a007apl
Regular User

Default Re: technical collaboration : Audi /Ferrari

Originally Posted by draak666
Originally Posted by a007apl
the Ferrari group should profit from work of Audi in the field of ... the diesel engines.
Horrifieing thought. :shock:
Audi buy Lambo,Now VW will buy Ferrari,oh no.
Old 09-21-2003, 04:50 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

And then Ferrari will buy Lambo and Lambo will buy Audi that will buy VW that will...
Old 09-21-2003, 05:26 PM   #7
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
And then Ferrari will buy Lambo and Lambo will buy Audi that will buy VW that will...
Exactly my thought. They'll keep on buying each other.........This is bullshit. Fuck VW, AUDI and GM. Loaded mother fuckers...............
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 05:51 PM   #8
alondahan
Regular User

Fuck :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
what the hell are they thinking??? and with audi of all makers :x

I hope that this collaboration will be very limited. letting vw access to F1 technology is an horrifyng thought :x

and what's the fuck with the awd :x I can understand diesel need for the Qutroporte, but awd???

and fuck audi/vw for that :x
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 07:40 AM   #9
FER355

I think its time to boycott audi/vw products before they 'buy' every supercar maker out there
Old 09-22-2003, 08:35 AM   #10
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by alondahan
I can understand diesel need for the Qutroporte
I cannot.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:37 AM   #11
draak666
Regular User

I have an idea. Instead of buying an Enzo with the members of JW, why not buy the Ferrari company. Only then we'll be sure it is in good hands.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:06 AM   #12
a007apl
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
"And Then Ferrari will buy Lambo"
I commit suicide
Old 09-22-2003, 09:09 AM   #13
Jabba
Regular User

A bit drastic I would say....

If we buy Ferrari we can then do away with the horse and have a Jabba badge instead !!
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 12:31 PM   #14
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
A bit drastic I would say....

If we buy Ferrari we can then do away with the horse and have a Jabba badge instead !!
Sounds like a good idea! LOL
Now where did I put that spare $200 million?
Old 09-22-2003, 05:36 PM   #15
stradale
Regular User

Is this connected to this news maybe?

Tuesday 16th September 2003
There Goes the Neighbourhood

Ferrari and Lamborghini are fierce rivals, but is a new era of co-operation set to begin between the Modena giants?

When Ferrari chief designer Frank Stephenson (picture) took the job, he found an exclusive home in the Italian town. Long hours meant he never saw the neighbours - until he met the man next door at an industry dinner: Lambo boss Giuseppe Greco.
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote