Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2006, 01:31 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Just picked up a Zune...

http://soapbox.msn.com/video.aspx?vi...2-b71592a0fd56 LOL Down with macn'trash

although, Zune's default software to interact with the Zune itself is pretty terrible really; and an overall PITA. So, I had to modify that right off the bat so I can actually use it the way I'd like to.... eg; as an external HDD.

what does it do better then Ipod?
better video quality (may be moot to many)
Wireless 802.11b? to be able to share with other Zuners... share songs (limit to 3 plays) photos, and videos.
- implications... wireless internet? we shall see, definately war driving will be coming.
less anti-hacking built in... its microsoft: built on hacking other people's shit
SNES quality games being made for d/l
wireless connectivety to xbox 360 for music, video, and photo sharing
fewer HDD failuers? time will tell.
I can actually interface with it without using the M$ version of Itunes (through registry hack)
some other stuff is better, prolly.

whats worse then Ipod?
name: Zune is pretty lame for a name.
a bazillion people use the Ipod, and it's docking stations are everywhere, it seems.
the scroll pad is way better on Ipod then the D pad on Zune
not many have the Zune yet, so wireless sharing its kinda moot so far... but it promotes new music "to you" quite nicely once there are a few more out there.

for expirimental purposes, it just so happens to fit a function I'm looking for lately as well.

Final verdict:
brown is cool, but I'm the kinda guy that just doesn't want a girly color; or a fad color... i guess brown is a fad color. Meh.
The Zune doesn't do everything I want to do, but that list is slowly growing to doing more and more of what i have in mind. Thankfully, NOBODY is doing what I have in mind Great music player, good videos... but needs a prop to be viewed at a comfy angle; great photo sharing on the go... very cool. tons of space on an MP3 player? a plus compared to what i was used to!

4/5 stars for product
2/7 stars for software interface.