Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Under Construction

Under Construction Post up your build threads here.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #31
peruccy
Regular User

Quick update fellas...

I've ordered a set of 440cc injectors and external 30micron fuel filter (300lph external fuel pump already at home).
A "jap style" backbox (3" inlet / 5" outlet), titanium heat wrap, and two mandrel bends, because I want the whole system to be a true 3" from start to finish (my current Supersprint backbox has 2,25" inlet).
I've also bought alloy sheet and alloy tube, because we'll be making a custom intake manifold. At least 4l capacity (stock is 2l, my current 3.0 manifold is 2.5l) with velocity stacks inside. When I get the parts, I will post some pics...

'talla
peruccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:00 AM   #32
peruccy
Regular User

Something is finally happening around my Alfa. I had to replace the coil, because occasionally @ 1.5bar of boost, I lost power because of bad spark. Now I have a proper spark...

Today I finally received my JDM chimney pipe

3" inlet

5" outlet

I think for now, this diameter will suffice

And all the parts for the exhaust on one place. Only thing I might need, is another 10m titanium heat wrap. I plan on wrapping both manifolds + connecting pipes to the turbo + downpipe. 10m obviously won't be enough... This will be the final chapter for the exhaust. Now, if it will not give a proper noise, I will give up True 3" from turbo to backbox + 5" tip... To go for a bigger diameter pipes and more free flowing exhaust, is simply not possible...

I've also got 60mm x 900mm alloy for velocity stacks in the intake manifold

'talla
Old 08-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #33
peruccy
Regular User

Chimney installed...

What to say about the noise... Supra loudness meets F-Type backfiring meets GTA burble It literally cannot be better! But sadly, it is a tad too loud, so I am already looking for a dB killer, so I won't get into any trouble...

'talla
Old 08-06-2014, 05:19 AM   #34
peruccy
Regular User

Here's a preview of the exhaust note:
click

More to come in the near future...

'talla
Old 08-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #35
peruccy
Regular User

I got a baffle/dB killer for the backbox. It truly reduces dB

Injectors have also arrived. Bosch green top 440cc @ 3bar / 550cc @ 4bar. V6TB has 3,8bar stock fuel pressure, so it should have more than enough flow for future tuning...

Four spray nozzles, stock has only one

'talla
Old 08-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #36
johnnny
Regular User

Finally got to see the video, your exhaust was so loud that my speakers started farting Throaty sound too, I like it (I do believe that it was a tad too loud for normal driving though, although I believe mine is still louder).
johnnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #37
peruccy
Regular User

Baffle is only temporary As soon as I homologate the back box, I will remove it. I grew fond of the noise it made, and since I'm a 5 year old inside, I can't help myself

You got any videos of you exhaust? I would love to hear it.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #38
johnnny
Regular User

No video yet, especially until I fix my ride. But believe me, Fica with broken carb is Loud

P.S. I would have answered a lot sooner, but the forum is sometimes really late to send an email about new posts (I'm following this thread, and got the mail today).
Old 08-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #39
peruccy
Regular User

Chimney is homologated, and so I removed the baffle. Me chuffed to bits!

I have also ordered 4" intake pipes for the turbo, which I will mount together with:

Sometime next month, I am scheduled for chip tuning. Hope it will turn out OK...

If anyone is interested from which car this MAF housing came from (82mm inside / 92mm outside)... Audi A8 '98-'02 4.2 V8 228kW

'talla
Old 09-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #40
peruccy
Regular User

Package has arrived. It will be mounted this week...

'talla
Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 AM   #41
Shaggy
Administrator

Nice. Keep the pics coming!
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #42
orange3d
Regular User

Please upload some AR 164 photos!
orange3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:23 AM   #43
peruccy
Regular User

I don't have the 164 anymore... A few weeks ago, I've also sold all the Trabant V6TB project parts. A guy needed the turbo kit for a AR155 2.5V6 project, but I told him if he wants the parts, he has to buy everything. So he did. So unfortunately the Trabant project is no more...

Now sad news about the 166. A few weeks ago I went to the tuner, the only one in our country, who does mostly Italian cars and has the correct emulator for this car's ECU. And even he couldn't make any proper chip tuning, because of the extreme limitations of this Motronic ME2.1 ECU. Since I've put a bigger turbo on it and extremely big pipework (for 500HP+), turbo spool is not the best. 5500rpm max boost, 6300rpm revlimit So to make the best of this high spool, we decided to up the revlimiter to 7800rpm. Sounds good! At least I will have 2300rpm of usable power. Thing is, even he didn't know where the revlimiter map is, because of such an "exotic" ECU. He said he will contact some Italians about it, and let me know. Two weeks have passed and still nothing. So I pretty much gave up on the idea of having ~300hp in this car. It is a wonderful cruiser with excellent ride quality, but it is not intended for tuning. Leaving it in stock 205hp form is when it is the most satisfied.

But that's not for me. I need to have a car with tuning potential. Therefore, after much consideration I have decided to keep the 166 as is, for leisure driving. And for the 5 year old inside me, I will get another project-car-toy. Goes by the name Skyline It will be imported. I have all the info I need about the import, and a transport arranged. Money is ready, and in about 2-3 weeks time, I will go to Germany and import it. Looking at 4-5 candidates. We are in contact so all I need is to wait for my transport to be ready - he goes to Germany twice a week, so he is quite busy. I am prepared to go 1200km for the right Skyline, so I want to be 100%, which one to buy. My budget is limited however, so realistically, the one I can afford is an R33 and not R34. But more of that when the time is right...

'talla
Old 10-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #44
johnnny
Regular User

But no more trabant

Alfa probably could go further with a custom ECU, but of course it's no Skyline

And again, no trabant
Old 10-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #45
peruccy
Regular User

Alfa cannot go further, with any ECU. Trust me. On an Alfa, everything is custom made, expensive and not tested a million times over. For a Skyline, I make three clicks and I can buy stage 1 318hp version. I will still be a true Alfist, even if I sell the 166 - which I doubt, since it will take some time to get used to RHD and RWD, I bet it will stay at my side for some time. Nonetheless, I will be an Alfist with a Japanese car, that's for sure

Yeah, it's sad that TrebiV6TB project is gone. But considering that all the parts I had for it were used, and only good for someone that needs them for a similar project, I had to take the opportunity. I still have Trebi at home, but it's a bare shell with wheels. Perhaps some day...