Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Default The best Renault 5 GT turbo in Spain

As far as I know its the best Renault 5 GT turbo taking part in some regional rallying championship in northern Spain (its not in the Basque Country BTW), its even faster than a top grA one

Sorry if support very much the old renault cars, but thats the point, I love them

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=koaLNK...d.php?t=779657
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #2
chest3r
Regular User

I thought it was Dani's
Old 11-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Yeah, its a shame that there arent many GT turbos up to 200cv; however, there is no point getting a 200cv Gt turbo considering that the cars cost (purchase and maintenaince) is at least the saxo VTS trophys; and Im sorry, but a saxo VTS trophy is more efficient than the renault 5 unless we challenge them in a hillclimb race which road conditions remain a good motorway

In addition, its also difficult to find the GT turbos as competitive as this one because its specifications are based on an special class without any restrictions like the GrA; for instance, as far as I know, the engine is a 1600cc one instead of the 1397cc, it has light materials, bigger brakes, and so on; the car must develop 230bhp instead of the max grA 200bhp, and so on

As far as I know there are three of them in similar specifications thoroughout spain; this one in Asturies, another one in Galiza, and the third one in Canary Islands
Old 11-21-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

BTW here we go the Gt turbo from Galiza (what a shame that the video takes a too short time, but its far enough to see that its not an ordinary gt turbo)

And the third one from Canary Islands

Which Ive seen it many many times in the Basque Hillclimb championship before the car was sold in Canary Islands; I almost started tearing when I noticed that the car was on sale for 18000€