Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-24-2004, 04:16 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by PaulGT2164
but then again the scream of a 300hp all motor 1.8 liter 9000rpm honda motor is awesome too
LOL -- "all motor 1.8l" is an oxymorons.. -- I got a bottle of Mountan Dew here that not only has a bigger capacity - but requires more torque to close the cap than Honda make..

BTW - where can I find one of these "N/A 300bhp 1.8l" engines in streetable form?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:09 PM   #17
Paco
Regular User

The choice for induction or N/A aspiration depends on the use.

The kick of turbo is addictive, but so is the scream of a high-revving N/A engine. Just to go an extra 1200 rpm than the turbo guy

It also depends with what kinda turbo car you're driving; if you have a bi-turbo with sequential turbo's (one smaller for low-rev and one bigger for high-rev) you'll have considerable less lag and much more high-end power. But if you have a N/A that can do 9000 rpm, that is also golden

They both have their charme, however from a technical point of view I find high-yielding N/A-engines more impressive.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:45 PM   #18
skituner
Regular User

N/A all the way
look at the kindas of cars that use N/A
BMW
Ferrari
Lambo
Pagani
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:12 AM   #19
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
7,000rpm N/A push rod 383ci stroked LS6 V8 -- easily delivers 540hp at the crank...
first time for everything i guess Agreeing with each other that is..... not on the particular vette engine tho
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:15 PM   #20
FoxFour
Regular User

Since I have owned both types ('84 Mustang SVO- Turbo-intercooled 4 cyl.) I like the throttle response of both types of engines. Miss the siren song of the turbo and the whoosh of the opening wastegate. Back in the day, turbo lag was a norm but now they have been greatfully reduced due to newer technology and ball bearings installed. With proper maintainance, a turbo engine can last as long IMO as a naturally aspirated one.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:28 PM   #21
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

N/A because you'll get the most control.. sure a turbo might be faster in the straights or up hills, but having a N/A engine will be quicker in the corners
Old 08-25-2004, 04:23 PM   #22
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Ive been always a turbo engine fan, once the sensations when the turbo start working are unique, the punch of it on straight line, or up hills also unique, and for me the best sounding engines are the turbo ones, although there are brilliant aspirated cars naturally, such as any BMW M3, any aspirated ferrari, any aspirated porsche.....
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 02:14 AM   #23
TT

Easy: N/A