Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 06-04-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
MercedeSChink
Regular User

Default The First SL Brabus V12 Bi-turbo in the US

A guy on a local Florida website I go to (since I used to spend lots of time in Florida) took these pictures of a car he saw in Tampa. It is the first Brabus V12 bi-turbo.

Here are pictures and his own commentary...

Well, here it is. . . .as if the twin turbo V12 mercedes wasn't fast enough. . .a guy in my area sent his car to Brabus.

I don't know that much about the car, but my friend who works at the dealership was telling me a little bit about it. First, the car costs over 100 grand before you even send it to brabus. Then its another 100 grand for the modifacations. But you get a really nice car once its done. And thats an understatement.

They put in a new motor (still a turbo V12) new brakes, suspension, and much more. I really don't know all of the details. But the car is supposed to have at least 640hp, but I heard its more.

The owner said 0-60mph in 3.1 sec. The car is governed at 212mph. The car will go faster, but the tires are the limiting factor.

They said the serial number on the car is 0001. So this should be the first one in the country. The guy who owns it used to race professionally and said its the fastest car he has ever driven.

This car is beautiful. . . the interior has white carbon fiber inserts, its absolutely beautiful. And get this. . . .the front brakes are 12 piston!!!

Old 06-04-2004, 02:35 AM   #2
bobafett
Regular User

While I certainly respect Brabus as a manufacturer, this doesn't take away from the fact that this is still just a fast boulevard cruiser. Numbing to drive, I'm sure. I've had experience in the original Brabus 7.3L SL car (of some repute) and it was certainly not a great deal of fun beyond mashing the loud pedal when conditions allow.

--Dan
Old 06-04-2004, 02:09 PM   #3
philios55
Regular User

Great post man,definetely one of the best mercedes i have ever seen!but iam not sure about the interior touches!
philios55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:10 PM   #4
philios55
Regular User

Great post man,definetely one of the best mercedes i have ever seen!but iam not sure about the interior touches!
philios55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #5
coloradosilver
Regular User

Holy jumpin' Jusus Christ on a crutch!! Just the fact that it's the 1st off makes it that much more special. I'd love to play with that car for a day. Even if it is just a hopped up cruiser, it's still fast as shit and would be great fun to hammer around.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Ferrarikiller

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 03:49 PM   #7
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

holy crap :shock: that thing is nice, but i would have to agree about those carbon fiber inserts, i think they are ugly and dont really fit well with the SL type interior. would have looked a lot better if it was a nice wood or aluminum trim. still a hell of a car though. and i wouldnt be suprised about the low 3 second 0-60 times those new turbo v12s from mercedes create some massive tq figures.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:01 PM   #8
chest3r
Regular User

It would look much better in black
Old 06-04-2004, 04:23 PM   #9
PATo355
Regular User

Its astonishing , but i think the 3.2 seconds can be reached easily removing the Torque limiter of the engine , this is a lovely car to see , its not a sporst car , maybe just a Tourer , i would get it instead of the McLaren , it looks better , better engine and faster , how much do they charge for that car ?

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:26 PM   #10
T-Bird
Regular User

simply beautiful and probably really scary to drive.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:56 PM   #11
schnell318
Regular User

I pretty much like the car but as bobafett said, I think it may be numbing to drive...nice car all in all but the interior looks like shit.
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 05:30 PM   #12
MercedeSChink
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
It would look much better in black
hey when you can afford this car, i think you can afford to get a new paint job every 6 months eh...
Old 06-04-2004, 06:21 PM   #13
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by PATo355
Its astonishing , but i think the 3.2 seconds can be reached easily removing the Torque limiter of the engine , this is a lovely car to see , its not a sporst car , maybe just a Tourer , i would get it instead of the McLaren , it looks better , better engine and faster , how much do they charge for that car ?
Better engine??? :roll:

The SLR would kill this car, but as I said its still an astonishing machine this Brabus.

Blaire is a figleaf

damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
Old 06-04-2004, 06:35 PM   #14
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR

The SLR would kill this car, but as I said its still an astonishing machine this Brabus.
7.3 liter AMG is th engine for the Zonda , add 2 turbochargers and the SLR cant stand a chance

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:07 PM   #15
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR

7.3 liter AMG is th engine for the Zonda , add 2 turbochargers and the SLR cant stand a chance

WTF???? We aren't even talking about the 7.3 :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blaire is a figleaf