Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-22-2003, 07:19 PM   #1
fishfreek
Regular User

Default Potental webhosting offer

I might in the near future have a server available that I could offer a fairly low cost hosting plan to members of jabbasworld. Before I can offer it I need to make sure there is enough interest. Payments would be made via paypal and would be made 1 month in advance. I was thinking of something simple like $10/month for 1GB of diskspace and 10GB of bandwidth and cPanel.

I am not shooting for lowest cost here so i know you can get the free or even $3.95 hosting but what you do get is a box captable of bursting at 10mb/sec and no advertising.

For those who dont have a way of currently sharing videos/photos this is a fairly low cost way of getting a web presence. If this is something that would interest you reply to this message. If I get enough replys I might move forward on this by the end of the year.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 07:53 PM   #2
gis
Regular User

this would be cool.id like to learn how to do all the hosting and stuff,so yeah i think i would like to see this happen

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 01:44 AM   #3
sikx5
Regular User

hey id be interested in sign up too. i would love to share vids that way. nice and easy! if you could give me the details i would be very much grateful.

thanks
shane
Old 12-26-2003, 12:04 AM   #4
bloeb
Regular User

not wanting to hijack FF's thread but I've just about finished setting up my new server at a major datacentre, and I can now offer hosting

anyone who's interested can pm or IM me for details, as I don't want to post specific prices but it will be a good fair deal, and I can do custom plans to suit your requirements, and help with getting you setup with a domain name etc.

the server currently supports asp, asp.net, perl, php, cgi-bin, and of course plain html, mysql, full site stats, email and ftp accounts, and all sites have a https: domain control panel

8)
bloeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 12:29 PM   #5
fishfreek
Regular User

How much transfer would be worth your while? Remember bandwidth costs us the providers money so depending on how much we are talking monthly expenses go up.

BTW SB is no longer offering 900GB/mo systems.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 12-26-2003, 03:14 PM   #6
fishfreek
Regular User

Depends what your doing with it. If your using to to share a couple hundred MB of videos then nope 10GB isnt alot. And thus bringing some attention to whom you give the link out to and that they not go and spread it all over the net at your expense.

If you have the time and knowlege to admin your own box then any shared hosting solution really is not going to be that appealing to you anyway. Are you not liking the BW alloment or the disk space allotment?

Hows 5GB disk 50GB bandwidth for say $25/mo?

By offering videos yourself you know how careful you have to be about how many people get links and such. Just prior to jabba putting some restrictions on the vault we was going thru something like 30GB a day in BW. All at zero cost to the people downloading.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 12-27-2003, 01:56 PM   #7
pimrusis
Regular User

Definately
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 01:58 PM   #8
pimrusis
Regular User

Any service for around 15-25 a month, I would be interested.
pimrusis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:50 PM   #9
fishfreek
Regular User

The server has been ordered so we shoudl be setup by the weekend to start seting up accounts.

Free Photo Hosting
Old 01-01-2004, 10:19 PM   #10
fishfreek
Regular User

Ok folks I got the server and I will need to make some minor tweaks to it but this is what I will offer.

Basic Car
1GB diskspace
10GB bandwidth
1 FTP account
1 E-mail account
$10/month prepaid

Advanced Car
5GB diskspace
50GB bandwidth
5 FTP accounts
10 E-mail accounts
1 E-mail list
1 Database
10 Subdomains
$25/month prepaid

If you ned more disk and more bandwidth I can price out such options on demand. For maximum convience I plan on setting up a paypal subscription where you signup and it automaticly comes out of your creditcard/bankaccount every month. You will be responsible for purchasing your domain from a registrar like www.godaddy.com or one of the many others.

PM me if your interested so I can get you the sign up details.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:21 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

Dang if only I hadn't already a couple of domain I'd be tempted! I have a 1 GB / 30 GB for wich I pay 8 USD / month and a 1 GB / 40 GB that costs me around 11... that 5/50 for 25 is a good offer IMO!
Old 01-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #12
fishfreek
Regular User

Godaddy can set you up with a domain for under $10/year.

If 50gb wont hold ya then shoot I could even work out arrangments for 75 or 100gb accounts aswell. My startup company is called storage-hosting.com and we will specialize in high capcity accounts.

Free Photo Hosting