Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
FoxFour
Regular User

Default My gun collection.

This is my collection. AK-47 (Actually it's a Romanian made WASR 10) The FNH PS-90, right below that on the right is the FNH FiveSeveN pistol which uses the same carbine round as the PS-90, 5.7X28mm. A Ruger SR-9 on the left corner and the small KelTec P3AT .380 with Crimson Trace Laser sight that I like to conceal carry when I wear light clothing. The Ps-90 and FiveSeven are real fun guns to shoot, high velocity rifle round, flat trajectory.
The FiveSeven pistol is like carrying a portable rifle in a pistol package. The 5.7X28mm cartidge is smaller than a .223 bullet like that used in an AR-15/M-16. I can carry 20 plus one round in the pistol and 50 rounds in the Ps-90 magazine which is stacked atop the carbine. Firing the pistol there is about 50% less recoil than a 9mm. Even though it is big, it's mostly polymer construction makes it very light, even the magazines are plastic.
The AK, I removed the stock wooden furniture that gives it the familiar AK look and replaced it with this cheaply made- dissapointing TAPCO stuff. I plan to replace it with higher quality CAA stuff. The Ruger SR-9 is a nice 9mm pistol. The Kel Tec is just made for one thing, concealed personal protection. It's not comfortable to shoot, especially if you have big hands like me and the iron sights are rudimentary, thats why I have the laser sight. Besides, if you were going to use it in anger, the confrontation zone is going to be less than 20 feet anyways.
Next week I will be getting an FNH FS-2000 Carbine. It's on it's way here now. Will post up when I get it.

Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland

Last edited by FoxFour; 09-11-2008 at 04:13 PM.
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
pitfield
Regular User

For what??
Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
For what??
For collecting. You know, a hobby. Just like having a high performance sports car is to us care enthusiasts. Got a problem with that mentality?
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
Old 09-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

For what??
Because he can basicly.

Why should government dictate what you cant and cannot collect?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
5vz-fe
Regular User

It's in the constitution.

The Second Amendment reads: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 09-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
FoxFour
Regular User

I was just showing some stuff that I own. My car will be in the 'What You drive' in the next few days.
I was hoping to keep the political and moral shit out of this thread. Maybe some people would have some some questions abou these guns. And yes, the Second Amendment of the US Constitution gives me the freedomand right to own such hardware. Plus I like shooting. You live in the southeast corner of the US and guns are popular with hunters and enthusiasts.
Adolf Galland
Old 09-11-2008, 05:35 PM   #7
pitfield
Regular User

Keep your hair on, I was just asking.

It's a strange concept to me as I don't know anyone with a gun.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
SHIZL
Regular User

i like shooting also those guns look fun to shoot. dont know about hunting with those probly nuthin left when u get done with it. u a cop or a criminal or armed services why u need the protection carrying around a sidearm might be a dumb question
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:05 PM   #9
FoxFour
Regular User

Keep your hair on, I was just asking.

It's a strange concept to me as I don't know anyone with a gun.
I apologize for being a little short. It's just something fun for me to do. I have always liked tactical weaponry. Never have hunted game, don't care to unless I have to fend for myself. My father had a passion for guns when he was younger. Guess I got it from him.
Adolf Galland
Old 09-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by SHIZL View Post
i like shooting also those guns look fun to shoot. dont know about hunting with those probly nuthin left when u get done with it. u a cop or a criminal or armed services why u need the protection carrying around a sidearm might be a dumb question
Actually, and I was a little surprised by this, but in most states of the US, you can hunt deer with an AK-47, semi-automatic ones of course, since the caliber is roughly the same as a 30-06 hunting rifle cartridge. The other ones mainly are just to shoot at on the range. I do compete once in a while in local International Defensive Pistol Association matches which set up semi-realistic tactical scenarios and you get to shoot around obstacles and such, hitting man sized targets and completing each course in a given time.
Adolf Galland
Old 09-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
DeMoN
Regular User

Cool weapons you got ther, I would love to collect hand guns only, but since I am not american, I cant buy them.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #12
Spiffu
Regular User

A well regulated militia
Utah seems to be the breeding ground of enforcement of that part of the amendment.

I'm sure there'd be a guy on here defending his nuke collection if there was an amendment dictating they were legal to own. Words on paper do not ideas right.

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #13
Strop
Regular User

Too much technology for me, i like the old ones

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Rifle_1495.jpg

Like this for example
Strop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #14
enzoferrari
Regular User

Very nice guns,I like swords insteadcan u post more pics of the second one please?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #15
FoxFour
Regular User

Originally Posted by enzoferrari View Post
Very nice guns,I like swords insteadcan u post more pics of the second one please?
The PS-90 rifle? I will take some more pics tomorrow
Originally Posted by Spiffu View Post
Utah seems to be the breeding ground of enforcement of that part of the amendment.

I'm sure there'd be a guy on here defending his nuke collection if there was an amendment dictating they were legal to own. Words on paper do not ideas right.
I know it's a pro gun sight, but the National Rifle Association has very well to understand article on the Second Amendment.
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Article...=192&issue=010
Here is a paragraph or two from that sight that may clear up the question of what our founding fathers termed 'milita' I do agree with you about those wacko militia groups, especially around Utah, Montana and such, but that should not mean that each individual should be denied the same rights as them. And if you are really worried about large militias, you should really be concerned about the Hells Angels and the Mongols.
2. Isn't the "well regulated militia" the National Guard?
Gun control supporters insist that "the right of the people" really means the "right of the state" to maintain the "militia," and that this "militia" is the National Guard. This is not only inconsistent with the statements of America's Founders and the concept of individual rights, it also wrongly defines the term "militia."
Centuries before the Second Amendment was drafted, European political writers used the term "well regulated militia" to refer to all the people, armed with their own firearms or swords, bows or spears, led by officers they chose.
America's Founders defined the militia the same way. Richard Henry Lee wrote, "A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves . . . and include all men capable of bearing arms. . . ." Making the same point, Tench Coxe wrote that the militia "are in fact the effective part of the people at large." George Mason asked, "[W]ho are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."
The Militia Act of 1792, adopted the year after the Second Amendment was ratified, declared that the Militia of the United States (members of the militia who had to serve if called upon by the government) included all able-bodied adult males. The National Guard was not established until 1903. In 1920 it was designated one part of the "Militia of the United States." The other part included other able-bodied adult men, plus some other men and women.
However, in 1990, the Supreme Court held that the federal government possesses complete power over the National Guard. The Guard is the third part of the United States Army, along with the regular Army and Army Reserve. The Framers' independent "well regulated militia" remains as they intended, America's armed citizenry.

Adolf Galland

Last edited by FoxFour; 09-11-2008 at 08:56 PM.