Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 04-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
philip
Regular User

Default Grindhouse

I saw Grindhouse last night. Its a double feature. Unlike Kill Bill which was one movie for the price of two. This was two movies for the price of one.

Unfortunately it was really one movie for the price of one movie.

The previews, ads, and the first movie were really good, but after 3 hours I couldn't take the slow pace of the second movie and left early. I don't do that often.

I'm sure I will hear that "wow if you had only waited untill the final 15 minutes" but I didn't.

But the first movie and the trailers were great. Still not quite up to the nastyness of grindhouse movies, but still a lot of fun.

The first movie a zombie flick had plenty of cute girls, zombie shooting and lots of exploding heads etc. Could have used a little more zombie chomping and nudity, but instead you had much higher production values of a Hollywood movie, even though they tried to show grindhouse low production values at the same time.

The second movie was just slow. slow. slow. (spoiler beyond) When Rose McGowan dies from banging her head inside a car from the driver slamming on the brakes (in a Nova by the way) that was enought for me. It had been at least a half an hour of character development to this point and nothing else so I bailed.

So go early if you want to see the whole thing. Take a potty break after the beginning the second movie and tell me if it gets better. Or just stay for the first feature and all the previews as they are great.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Minacious
Regular User

Default Re: Grindhouse

Originally Posted by philip

I'm sure I will hear that "wow if you had only waited untill the final 15 minutes" but I didn't.
It's funny you say that because it is very true in this case.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
philip
Regular User

Sort of, but you don't want to leave for the intermission. Apparently all the previews are available on Youtube

Here's the link to Thanksgiving one of the fake movies previews during intermission.

There were alot of Rob Zombie fans a my theatre cheering for his preview.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:25 AM   #4
AlienDB7
Regular User

Default Re: Grindhouse

Originally Posted by Minacious
Originally Posted by philip

It's funny you say that because it is very true in this case.
I second that, saw Grind House on Friday. Did find the dialogue for Death Proof a little bit long in the beginning but it's almost like gone in sixty seconds (the original one)... slow start but once the car chase starts, you don't want to blink

Can't wait for the DVD to come out for the bonus features.

(SPOILER)
Apparently the "Machete" preview is a real one, Robert Rodriguez will be directing it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0985694/
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 AM   #5
yeckmohr
Regular User

They will start in Germany in some weeks, but you can see only one movie for the price of one. They will be separated, maybe it's good or not , i don't know.

---------
SL 73 AMG
yeckmohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Haven't seen the whole movie, but the first preview for the Mexican killer movie was great.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #7
gangajas
Regular User

I've seen "Planet Terror" tonight, really funny movie.

The "Machete" trailer was great too.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote