Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
racingfreak
Regular User

Default Clarkson is the man!

Clarkson was in South Africa (dont know if any of you know the little place I call home) recently together with Richard Hammond for the MPH 2007 show where you sit in a theatre and they show you all the latest cars! He entered the arena in a gallardo spyder doing drifts and filling the entire place with smoke. He told us about his Ford GT and how he has bought and sold it 3 times and finally decided to grow up so he bought a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (?)
After the show he gave out autographs and I had the oppertunity to speak to him. What a great guy, his passion for cars once again showed when I asked him if he will miss his Ford GT, he said that in an ideal world he would drive that car until its end but just had to face reality and sell the bloody thing...so my question is simple: What do you think of Mr Clarkson?
racingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
ARMAN
Regular User

any chance you took some pics?

I like Clarkson, he is very smart guy have a good sence of humor wich alot of people dont understand 8)

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
jorge
Regular User

I am with you racingfreak, Clarkson is the man. He has a very special sense of humor that i really enjoy in the show
Old 02-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
Firdosh7747
Regular User

the title of this thread says it all.

02 Honda CBR 954 RR
Firdosh7747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

JC is almost a god among the journalist in general, and he is god among the TV motoring journalist; its more than enough to see how much influence he gets for brands for better or for worse
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

good for you dude 8)
me, I love Clarkson I dont always agree with him (maily on German cars.. ) but he's awesome 8)

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #7
sameerrao
Regular User

Default Re: Clarkson is the man!

Originally Posted by racingfreak
Clarkson was in South Africa (dont know if any of you know the little place I call home) recently together with Richard Hammond for the MPH 2007 show where you sit in a theatre and they show you all the latest cars! He entered the arena in a gallardo spyder doing drifts and filling the entire place with smoke. He told us about his Ford GT and how he has bought and sold it 3 times and finally decided to grow up so he bought a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (?)
After the show he gave out autographs and I had the oppertunity to speak to him. What a great guy, his passion for cars once again showed when I asked him if he will miss his Ford GT, he said that in an ideal world he would drive that car until its end but just had to face reality and sell the bloody thing...so my question is simple: What do you think of Mr Clarkson?
I am sorry but someone on JW thinks you are wrong. It wasnt Clarkson you saw driving.

It has been authoritatively mentioned that Clarkson can't drive. --> http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...light=clarkson

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:21 PM   #8
Mers
Regular User

I laugh at his jokes quite a lot...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
racingfreak
Regular User

It has been authoritatively mentioned that Clarkson can't drive
That is the reason why I started this topic, I wont say that he is the world's best driver but he is no fool behind the steering wheel either! Pic coming soon...

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S
2003 Mercedes Benz ML 270 CDI
2005 Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI
2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500
Old 02-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #10
racingfreak
Regular User

OK, so the first is a pic of my buddy with clarkson and the second one him getting out of the gallardo with the smoke still hanging in the air. He is quite a tall bloke as well, cause my buddy is 1.92m! (As far as I know jeremy is 1.93m.) Did you know that he has got 3 donkeys, was a passenger on the last concorde flight and his wife drives a aston martin V8 vantage..?

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S
2003 Mercedes Benz ML 270 CDI
2005 Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI
2006 Mercedes Benz CLS 500
Old 02-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Re: Clarkson is the man!

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Originally Posted by racingfreak
I am sorry but someone on JW thinks you are wrong. It wasnt Clarkson you saw driving.

It has been authoritatively mentioned that Clarkson can't drive. --> http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...light=clarkson

I mearly mention the man is human. You make it sound like I was out to severely discredit him, and it couldn't be further from the facts.

nice way to twist that bit of information that others' weren't privy to to your own humerous content. The fact still remains, he didn't drive the GT in all those shots around the Bedford landing strip; and that he was edited in later to simulate the same movements. That is the basis of that fact, not on any other drives, besides his own Suzuki Liana lap time of 1:50.

Sameer, your simply being a JC fanboy, and it makes no sence.

I also contend that Clarkson is highly entertaining. About the GT being sold and bought back 3 times, refer to my other topic
Old 02-13-2007, 07:00 PM   #12
chest3r
Regular User

It's kinda weird to see Clarkson in a Gallardo Spyder, specially after what he said about the F430 Spyder :roll:
Old 02-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
It's kinda weird to see Clarkson in a Gallardo Spyder, specially after what he said about the F430 Spyder :roll:
makes you wonder about trusting his judgement on automobiles he reviews, doesn't it?

as an aside... the market may determin what cars he buys and sells now; G spyders and F430 spyders are both in demand whilst retaining thier value; while the FGT is set to come down in price... a bit at least.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #14
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by nthfinity
makes you wonder about trusting his judgement on automobiles he reviews, doesn't it?
Yeah keep on trying to discredit the guy dude, the fact that he buys a Gallardo after praising the F430 like he did...well he didnt exactly hate the Gallardo spider either as I recall... :roll:
But by all means discredit him as much as you like it makes it easier to argue he is wrong the next time he doesnt say American cars are all you make it out to be.....

That nthfinity are gripping any straw you can to discredit him, so what if he buys a Gallardo instead of a F430 maybe he want to know how it is to live with a Lambo he have owned a Ferrari before so maybe he just wanted something new.....but oh no he just are a poor driver whom no one shall listen to as you and your "sources" are way more precisie all the time.... :roll:
WRONG

the fact is, Jeremy Clarkson is entertainment; nearly EVERYBODY has accepted that a long time ago. I am mearly playing the devils advocate, and finding logical reasons for his actions.

as to my sources, they are infallable, as they were the guys who made the car, dealt directly with him in his chronic "failures" of his Ford GT, were there to provide a test driver for filming, as well as the car...

for christs sake. Where are yours? come to the table when you have something valuable to inject the thread with. I don't see you talking about the behind stories about driving the old RS2, or the backstories behind the various tests of the Audi TT etc. etc. etc.

I am not trying to discretit him. He has long since done that on his own as far as being a honest journalist... he has long been a guy who changes his mind with the wind, and says one thing while doing another. I have nothing to do with influencing him. That, IMHO is a no brainer.

I hope the guy stays on the air for a long time yet; and I assume you do as well... in the mean time, why don't you re-watch many of the old comparo's and see what he says, read what he says before you accuse me of discrediting him, nor attempting to discredit me with [b] zero substance [\b] to back up your claim.
Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #15
TopGearNL
Regular User

Ill miss the GT! But the Gallardo Spyder is truly an awesome car!

And for once I actually agree with Brembo in this topic!

He think Ferrari's are god, quite right. But like he said who wants 5 way TC??