Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default I drove a Diablo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally FUCKING AMAZING guys! It's impossible to put what I experienced today on paper with normal words.
The car is owned by a supercool guy that saw pics of his car on my website (Lambo meeting) and we started to chat. Of course I was interested in an indepth, and he too!!!!
So today it was a sunny day and he drove here to pay a visit.
We drove around a bit and then he told me he can drive the car whenever he wants and that it was my turn now.
Imagine my heart. I though I would just explode there in the passenger seat!

It's actually much easier than you think: clutch is heavy but very precise and actually as easy as mine. The H gate is a bit tricky at first and quick gear changes especially in diagonal (1 > 2 or 3 > 4) aren't easy.
Very weird to have 1st gear where usually you have 2nd and R where you have 1st you need to be carefull and not to forget.
On the road, small back roads actually, to be in a car which is 2.21 meters wide with mirrors is something VERY scary! Right wheel is 10 cm from the grass and left one on the center line.. and that's already scary at 80 kmh.. then the owner asks you to put in 2nd gear and floor it... and boy the car flies! I was in quicker cars already in the past, but never at the wheel while flooring it myself. The Diablo really goes like stink! When you pass the 5000 rpm you enter warp mode, like a VTEC zone and everything becomes dramaticly crazy! I needed several tries before having the guts to upshift at 7000 rpm, at which point trees are passing by at arond 150 kmh or even more (noway I would look away from the road). You are pushed as far as possble back in the seat and you just try to remember at which speed time stops and start going backwars.
To park it is a nightmare as you can imagine, but that's not the point.

Actually I have no time to post more atm, quite busy and just 4 preview pics.. the rest will be in a future indepth

It was my best automotove day, thanks to a REAl carfreak wanting to share his passion!