Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 02-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #1
gemarti21
Regular User

Default Montoya or Kimi??

Whose of these will be better this year? could be better than Schumacher and ferrari??, I think Montoya rocks
gemarti21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
Ghostbat
Regular User

I think that with equal cars Kimi will earn more points for Mclaren than J-P. J-P is also a great driver but to aggressive IMO and therefore crashes more often than Kimi who is the "Iceman". Unfortunately I don't think that they can really threaten Ferrari this season but I really hope I'm wrong.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:21 PM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
I think that with equal cars Kimi will earn more points for Mclaren than J-P. J-P is also a great driver but to aggressive IMO and therefore crashes more often than Kimi who is the "Iceman". Unfortunately I don't think that they can really threaten Ferrari this season but I really hope I'm wrong.
I think he lost the self-proclamied Iceman title when he shoved the track worker a couple years ago. and again this last year with his temper after scattering his engine all over the track for the 5th race in a row.

JPM is aggressive and that's what McLaren needs. Coulthard was too much of a pussy to really be a threat anymore. Hopefully with 2 aggressive drivers, Ferrari will be watching them a bit more closely. Especially with Montoya's wreck history.

I think Mercede's might beat BMW this year but they won't beat Ferrari. Barrichello and Schumacher are a force to be reckoned with in their own right. And now that Barricello has shown that he can at least keep up with Schumacher, i think that it's going to be another great year for the Tifosi.

BMW is stuck with young drivers that were in inferior cars in every sense of the word. They are very talented, don't get me wrong. but i am honestly not expecting much from the Blue and White this year I expect the P85 engine to be just as potent as it's predecessor, but if you get a driver that is scared to tap it's power, it's not going to look very good at all. Hopefully they have gotten familiar with the cars over the winter testing period.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
SilviaEvo
Regular User

i think Kimi is gonna be better than Montoya but it wont really make that big of a difference against Schumi and Barrichello but they probably will beat Williams and Ralf but that is just my guess
Old 02-07-2005, 12:38 AM   #5
Toronto
Regular User

WHAT IS ALL THE HYPE ABOUT MONTOYA???
he is so over rated. put him in a ferrari, he won't even finish top 3, 100%
every driver that comes from indy has all this hype in the US. only one was ever really good. JV and he only won because schumi "hit" him. and if you watch races, that is all montoya does is hit people. schumi does it, he is wrong
montoya does it, he is on the edge and hardcore.
anyone can try and prove me wrong please do so. (schumi vs. montoya hitting people)
montoya hits is own team mate, and blames his team mate (ralf 2005) what a dick

Kimi is #1 and would stay #1
Old 02-07-2005, 12:51 AM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

every driver that comes from indy has all this hype in the US. only one was ever really good. JV and he only won because schumi "hit" him. and if you watch races, that is all montoya does is hit people
Which is why Montoya won in Brazil? Which is why he finished nearly every race this season? You can't finish if you hit people. This isn't NASCAR

JPM will give Kimi a run for his money. And then we'll see the war of the egos

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:57 AM   #7
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
I think he lost the self-proclamied Iceman title when he shoved the track worker a couple years ago. and again this last year with his temper after scattering his engine all over the track for the 5th race in a row.
Yes, he made comment when Schumie lost it at Monaco that you shouldnt get angry blah blah, yet he does the same thing :roll:

Kimi being in the team longer has the edge at the start of the season. I dont see Monty being a threat straight away unless he plans on taking out Kimi

I hope to see Monty crashing into more camera men next to Ferrari camp
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:36 AM   #8
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
As someone said earlier, I think Kimi will have advantage in the beginning of the season, because of history in McLaren, but Montoya will soon catch up and it will be an even figth. I still think Kimi is little faster in the end.
I agree 100%...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote