Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #1
Herceg
Regular User

Default Paintball: the final frontier

I've seen the JW paintball topic and i thought id start a new one b/c i think the old ones run dry. I love paintball, i myself have been paintballing for about a year now but since back when i first shot that renter gun, i was hooked! My setup is a Tippmann 98 Custom w/ E-bolt electrical system, 14' freak system/ 14' tippmann made barrel(backup), 20 oz. Co2, Drop forward and a Viewloader Evlution 2 hopper...i personally love my setup, a little heavy for a front player but im a big boy lol
Herceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:31 AM   #2
ldin
Regular User

yeah i was in paintball for about 3years. my first gun was a autococker, then i tricked that one with a e-blade(electronic trigger) new bolt, alien(freak) barrel, and some minor things. then i bought a impulse that i tricked out aswell, man the trigger on that if the wind blew on it it wouldve blasted away. then my last year playing i bought a angel(it was darkblue) not sure what the name of it was, but i really wasent happy with it. all in all pb`in was fun as hell. except i wasted a shitload of money on it, and i mean shitload. where i used to play it was 80bucks a case, and 30admission. i went thru atleast 2cases for about 3hrs of play, not even really. thats including breaks/yada yada. and we played atleast once a week. paintball is the shit to be honest with you. i loved it. almost went to a tournament down in philly i believe. but regardless i miss it. and when i get some extra cash, impulse here i come! lol
ldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
Herceg
Regular User

lol thats cool, my buddys got an impulse and he tweeted it so if he moved it, it would fire lol then this other guy i know got a DM4 and got a ramping mod on it, shot 19 bps at the cromy ...it was insane. the one downfall to paintball, the expense, i hate it!
Old 07-16-2005, 03:19 AM   #4
dingo
Regular User

If paintball is a sport then this should be in another section.

I actually went paintballing for the first time 3 weeks ago about an hours drive from Perth - in the bush somewhere. We started at 10AM and played until 4PM - a great day.

We had 12 people and played against another group of 12, the games in the natural bush setting were the best IMO.

I still have a bruise on my leg from when I got shot at close range - I think it may be a permanent mark. :bah:
Do you guys also have the firing squad rule? During our game one of the guys broke the rules so he had to stand against a wall and 5 of us lined up and got 2 shots at him from 10m away.....poor guy.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
Herceg
Regular User

oh man ive never played with that before, musta hurt man. first time i went i got hit 9 times in the back by my brother and cousin because i "broke the rules" lol but now they dont wanna go with me b/c i have a good gun now
Old 07-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #6
kazaam

Originally Posted by dingo
If paintball is a sport then this should be in another section.

wooaahh teleporting
Old 07-20-2005, 02:40 AM   #7
Herceg
Regular User

Gotta hate non-electric guns made electric.... Last christmas i recieved an electric upgrade for my Tippmann 98 custom. An E-bolt Electrical system capable of shooting paint upto 15-16bps, it says 15 but ive got 16 at a chromy. Anyways, every single time ive tried to do something with it, it breaks...this is such bull, i dont understand why the hell guns cant just stay fixed lol
Old 07-30-2005, 01:21 AM   #8
RC45
Regular User

What a bunch of e-generation pussies..

I paintballed about 20 years ago - and there was no e-trigger autoshot, Quake III style shit.

We used the single shot markers that allowed for better team work/strategy and skill.

I tried "new age" paint ball, and it's not dependant on player skill, it's all about the equipment. Wasn't as fun as I remember.

If you want to play Unreal Tournament then turn on your PC
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:11 AM   #9
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
What a bunch of e-generation pussies..

I paintballed about 20 years ago - and there was no e-trigger autoshot, Quake III style shit.

We used the single shot markers that allowed for better team work/strategy and skill.

I tried "new age" paint ball, and it's not dependant on player skill, it's all about the equipment. Wasn't as fun as I remember.

If you want to play Unreal Tournament then turn on your PC
When I played we all had exactly the same equipment, so I don't see how it plays a role in the outcome.....its all down to the player really.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:57 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo

When I played we all had exactly the same equipment, so I don't see how it plays a role in the outcome.....its all down to the player really.
Sure - everyone has 1000rpm spray guns and you dash around like hyperactive crack adicts running aournd between/behind/around large foam obstacles.

Pretty much a real-life version of Unreal Tournament. Little player skill - much equipment advantage.

WHo can spray the most paint balls in the lowest time - jumping diving roling - *shrug*.
If I want to play "hunt the other team", I always prefered the lower rates of fire, larger out door layouts and more focus on you ability to be able to survive bush warfare vs the ability to just spray 500 paint balls as soon as some rolls past.

Limited ammo, complex surroundings and team objective makes for a far more fulfilling experience. As I say, from my (and bunch of other ex-players) point of view, you want Quake III style action, play a video game

But more power to the "spray can generation" - You're having your fun.

But I know if we went one on one in the woods what the outcome would be
Old 07-30-2005, 12:15 PM   #11
T-Bird
Regular User

well all I play is outdoor paintball and you aren't allowed to have your E-triggers on or they will kick you out of that game. We have objectives like taking over villages and holding for a period of time or another where you have to hunt down a guy with a nuke in his briefcase but there are multiple ones and then the classic capture the flag.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
well all I play is outdoor paintball and you aren't allowed to have your E-triggers on or they will kick you out of that game. We have objectives like taking over villages and holding for a period of time or another where you have to hunt down a guy with a nuke in his briefcase but there are multiple ones and then the classic capture the flag.
Always prefer playing people vs "shock and awe"
Old 07-31-2005, 04:28 AM   #13
dingo
Regular User

Yes I played outdoor in the bush also - about a 1.5hr drive out of Perth. It was in thick bush so we had to crawl around on our knees and hide behind logs and trees etc.