Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default Family Guy on TBS Is Censored

Well I get TBS Atlanta here and they recently started airing Family Guy, and I was surprised when I witnesed censorship on a friggin cartoon!

For example in the episode were Peter and Louis are dating other people, Peter comes to Clevlands house overnight. In the uncut version Cleavland mentions that his wife doesnt allow any white litterature in the house, that was cut out from TBS version.

What the hell is the deal with this station? They show blood and dynamite, but a slight hint of something racial or sexual and they come in with the scissors...

SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

watch cartoon network instead or just buy the DVDs

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:30 AM   #3
Toronto
Regular User

TBS is the biggest shiat channel on TV.... run buy that nazi tunner, but I watch it for seinfeld and braves games... but the braves are the biggest shiat in the MBL always in 1st place never go anywhere in the playoffs.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:55 AM   #4
JaguarEtype
Regular User

Ive noticed that several episodes of the simpsons has been edited (rather than sensored) on national television (not on cable though)
sensorship usually applied to sexual references ie
the episode where Homers mother shows up out of the blue (when homer fakes his own death)
and there a part where Abe (grampa) meets face to face with his wife and says "you were a rotton wife and ill never forgive you (edited here) ..... can we have sex??" she responds.. "oh abe"
there are obviously several others.... many in the episode featuring grandpa's simpson and son love tonic lol go figure
JaguarEtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
HeilSvenska
Regular User

For example in the episode were Peter and Louis are dating other people, Peter comes to Clevlands house overnight. In the uncut version Cleavland mentions that his wife doesnt allow any white litterature in the house, that was cut out from TBS version.
the episode where Homers mother shows up out of the blue (when homer fakes his own death)
and there a part where Abe (grampa) meets face to face with his wife and says "you were a rotton wife and ill never forgive you (edited here) ..... can we have sex??" she responds.. "oh abe"
What the hell? Here in southern california things you mentioned were not censored.

In fact the only things censored here are "shit" & "fuck" ...and i think that's it.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #6
jpatino03
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
but the braves are the biggest shiat in the MBL always in 1st place never go anywhere in the playoffs.
Scoreboard.

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote