Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-19-2006, 01:55 PM   #46
sameerrao
Regular User

Well that wasnt a very exciting race was it? Not too much overtaking with drivers worried about their engines and not pushing too hard.

Kimi's accident and the two Williams ka-blam-o meant that there was less on-track excitement.

Alonso's dragster like start and jump into third into the first corner was awesome to watch ... kinda like Indianapolis 2003.

I think Webber should have concentrated more on his line than trying to intimidate young Rosberg in to the first corner - I guess he was miffed that all the attention was on his younger teammate and wanted to put a point across. If he hadn't tried to swerve into Rosberg, he might have been able to block Alonso in turn 1.

Pretty lacklustre drive by MS this weekend - he was mid-pack for a really long while and I guess he was not pushing the engine all the way in fear of blowing it up. Good job by Massa to come all the way from dead last. This is more in line with what I expect from him.

Montoya is looking really slow this season for some reason. He was pretty heavy with fuel but was unremarkable at any point in the race. If Kimi was not tagged by Klien, I am sure he would have fought Alonso for second. I dont know why Monty is so inconsistent in his performance, when he was at Williams, I thought he was generally the more consistently fast performed - particularly in 2003 and 2004. With McLaren, he seems to be doing a Ralf - get a few great performances and then wallow in indifferent drives for the rest of the year.

Good job by Fisi. A win under similar circumstances like last year where Alonso's qualifying was compromised. But can he repeat this when Alonso qualifies well? I doubt it. During the press conference, when Alonso was being interviewed he said that he was really pleased to get 18 points in the first two races and he gave a glance at Fisi after he said this as if to say .. you may have won this race, but I will crush you over the season

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:48 PM   #47
antonioledesma
Regular User

so the race was boring? I only saw a couple of laps. Hmmm. might not watch the repetion in 10 minutes
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #48
5vz-fe
Regular User

Let's hope it's just the circuit........if Renault is as dominant as last season, I guess I will stop watching GP in the middle of the nite
Old 03-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #49
bmagni
Regular User

It was an ok race, as long as Alonso doesn't win i'm ok with it...
His start was nothing impressive, he had all the way cleared up with no one in front... yeah he had extra tration but all was too easy.

massa from last to 5th was pretty good, and schumi with 2 pit stops and 6th is pretty acceptable.

Buttons performance wasn't all too good, he could have done way better.

Kimi, well, pure bad luck, seems it was a problem with the suspension, like in bahrain, poor guy...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #50
nthfinity
Regular User

not a great race

seemed that there was only passing in the first lap; and MS' spectacular pass of JV beyond that; not really much of anything happend

glad to see Fisi win, and Button get his first podium since 2004

could it have been the heat that destroyed so many engines?

pitty the rain didn't really pour; that would've made the remainder of the race much more interesting
Old 03-19-2006, 06:25 PM   #51
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Bad luck for Kimi, great.

Bad luck for BMW, shit.

Bad luck for Rosberg, shit.

Bad luck for Scott Speed, shit.

anyone see a pattern here? Rosberg's failure, while spectacular, was disappointing. I wanted to see him continue his impressive performance. Speed was doing alright i guess, right up until his clutch said fuck off.

other than that, i don't really think wasting the space on my DVR's hard drive was worth it

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:33 PM   #52
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62

Bad luck for BMW, shit.

anyone see a pattern here?
(I'm going on a limb here) ... Shit??

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 03-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #53
SFDMALEX
Regular User

F1 sucks.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:52 PM   #54
Mattk
Regular User

Then why are you here?

I saw the beginning and a few more laps, but thought it was getting boring. plus, I had an early lecture today, so I went to bed.

Disappointing performance from Michael Schumacher, but well done to Massa, for fighting back. Looks like another Renault year, though.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #55
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62

Bad luck for BMW, shit.

anyone see a pattern here?
(I'm going on a limb here) ... Shit??
must be a pretty thick limb

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #56
sameerrao
Regular User

Fisi, may have won but it was given to him. with his friend passing away last week and Fisi saying this race was for him i think Renauly felt bad about the last race also and pretty much said "we'll let Fisi win this race".

Renault is simply toying with Fisi!!
No personal offense, but that is an incredibly stupid statement. You seem to be reading conspiracies into everything Why on earth would Renault delibrately hobble their best driver? They are there to win the WDC and prepare their cars equally as has been clearly attested by both drivers and Pat Symmonds.

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
The start from 7th to 3rd from Alonso was impressive... especially considering he had "twice the fuel planned" makes me wonder if they're using a sort of launch control or something... Anyway - if Webber would have kept the line instead of trying to block Nico, things could have been different.
Alonso didnt start with all that fuel or he could have nearly one stopped thru the race. The qualifying rules state that you start with minimum of what you have in the tank and a maximum that includes in addition a calculated fuel credit - fuel for every lap run within 110% of your best lap.

So Alonso must have got some of the fuel credit but not all of it. He still went longer into the first stint than his immediate rivals

Old 03-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #57
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
Then why are you here?
Man shut the fuck up :roll:
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #58
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

i stayed up an entire day no sleep to see kimi exit the race on the first lap what a fuking disappointment that kimi couldn't find luck if it came and smashed him in the face i mena he's a quick driver but it's just sad to see he has the speed but montoya has the reliability bullshit really well being the die hard F1 fan that i am i'm going to stay up all night for the Oz GP aswel but since McLaren have chassis and engine upgrades for the grand prox it should be something to look forward to. And as for the extreme bodywork cooling on the MP4-21 which alledgedly lost alot of downforce could it really have made it that slow or was it montoya's lack of speed.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #59
5vz-fe
Regular User

Each driver has different driving style (Button vs Rubens shows that clearly) and it seems Kimi's driving style is much harsher on the car than Montoya's thus the reliability difference. That sad, getting knocked out like that is clearly related to luck.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #60
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Each driver has different driving style (Button vs Rubens shows that clearly) and it seems Kimi's driving style is much harsher on the car than Montoya's thus the reliability difference. That sad, getting knocked out like that is clearly related to luck.
When Massa and Schumi were running in close formation in the end, they showed the brake, throttle bar graphs of both drivers - it was interesting to see that Michael and Felipe were almost identical - both had some throttle overlap during braking and were teasing the throttle on entry and apex before nailing it.

By contrast, in Bahrain they showed Michael and Alonso and we could see that Alonso was not overlapping brake and throttle like Michael.

Really cool to watch for us nutcases