Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-02-2003, 10:35 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default A GROUP MEMBERS REVIEW, PLEASE READ!

Ok ppl, you already saw Jabba's post about the fact A group is to be kept "under control".
We have to constantly check who is still "Eligible" to be in it, and who has to become a B again.
That's also needed to give B members the chance to become A if free spots open up.
So, here is how things will work from now on.
Every Sunday, we'll make a "resume" of the week, checking all the vids posted and all the reviews by A members.

Like that:

The table was done some minutes ago, and now zippo has a new "O" for PP...

But as you can see, while there are vids like obviously 5th and Top Gear that are reviewed almost by everyone,
others are not so popular...

And the rules for A group are pretty clear: only hardcore reviewers, quality and quantity-wise..
So now we decided to draw the line, because we have to.. it's not easy of course, but w/o it, what can we do?

So, from now on, A members are required to post at least 5 reviews weekly (7 vids are normally posted) and all monthly video specials.

I don't think it's to much to ask, and if somebody is not able, no bad feelings, but he has to return into the B group.
(and can re-join "A" when he is ready to start reviewing again)

So, here is the first GROUP B PENDING LIST:

TO BE REVIEWED ON THE 8TH NOVEMBER (so get reviewing guys )

1zippo1
666fast
AlienDB7
alondahan
Chingachgook
DeMoN
draak666
FusionWave18
geekdiggy
gis
Johns
jon_s
jsutin syder
mendocino
noosee
SDK2003
SFDMALEX
SkylineGTR34VspecII
st-anger
stradale
tekwar
WhiteP
Wide

As you can see the list is pretty long compared to the small group... and you'll also notice it is completely fair toward everybody.
We didn't considered other forms of help to the community. Not that we don't appreciate them, not at all.
We actually do of course, but the rules to be in the group are simple and we felt it could have been hard then
to decide who contribute enough in other ways and who doesn't... so, if we stick with the true rule, it's very simple.
At least 5 reviews and you're in, less than that and you'll be added to the "B" group pending list..
keep that way and you'll be added to B again.
We strongly think this is not asking to much, because everybody can write his thought while watching the vid or the next 5 min.
And if you have time to download and watch them, you can also review them
I hope this move won't be perceived the wrong way from some members but I also think everybody here is mature enough
to understand rules are rules and that we created them, not to piss off ppl, but to make JW fairer for everybody.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:10 PM   #2
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I'm fine with Group B! I mean I only download 2 or 3 of the vids you post/week anyways.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:43 PM   #3
DeMoN
Regular User

I know I have not posted reviews, that is because I have not even dowloaded them all. The few I have, I have not watched. I have a couple of exams (4) in this upcomming week. I will start being the FIRST (not counting you TT since you are tough to beat!) in posting reviews.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:44 PM   #4
Jabba
Regular User

I am glad you understand demon and have taken it the right way...especially after all your hard and great work on JW....I hope everyone else follows your example.... 8) 8) 8)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:51 PM   #5
gis
Regular User

i like the idea,seems fair and cool.

i just hope the 56k hangs on in there,lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:54 PM   #6
st-anger
Regular User

just to post it here as well, i haven īt reviewed a single vid either, i just PM īed TT about that and explained him everything, i donīt even know why iīm A-member, when the CGT report occured iīve been A without asking jabba, so i donīt know why but i donīt care either, because iīm not here on JW to dl vids, because i simply donīt have the time to do all this.
iīm busy enough to keep the "Porsche news" running beside my 24/7 job, and this is more important to me that to dl and review every single vid...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:58 PM   #7
Jabba
Regular User

ok you were added for technical reasons...but we will change you to "b" group...at least your going to get your nice porsche badges soon though 8)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:00 PM   #8
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
ok you were added for technical reasons...but we will change you to "b" group...at least your going to get your nice porsche badges soon though 8)
ok no problem!!!

...canīt wait for it
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:56 PM   #9
AlienDB7
Regular User

I have similar problem as DeMoN, haven't been posting much reviews beside the usual 5th gear and top gear ones cause I didn't download everything. With all the projects and exams in the coming month, I doubt I'll be able to give my full attention to all the videos. Instead of watching the videos in the background and post crappy reviews, it's probably better if I watch them during free time and post better one. I'm happy to stay in group B if someone else can have better use of the slot... hopefully I'll manage to get more time (and HD space!!!) to download and watch all the videos very soon
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 02:59 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

I'm happy ppl understand we have no hard feeling toward anyone

That was just the only simple way to deal with that... a single rule, weekly controls...

And beeing out of the A and only "B" doesn't mean nothing basically especially for ppl with broadband

And again, as said, it will be possible to come back when more free time will be available for example..
Old 11-02-2003, 03:06 PM   #11
jon_s
Regular User

Fair enought, I only use for stuff that I have not seen, I see Top Gear on the TV, so don't need to d/l it....I still reviewed the first top gear though, in fact I started a whole thread about it 8) Anyway, no hard feelings from me.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 03:56 PM   #12

im in between, i could d/l and review more stuff and i could also be in group b, lets see how the week turns out.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:13 PM   #13
scubywrxr
Regular User

I am a 56K knight like Gis.. so its going to be a fine line for me as well- we will see how it goes, specially coz my work commitments can keep me away for days(had this weekend free so I am making the most of it ) - no hard feelings TT.. don`t mind being in either group so long as u dont throw me outta here
scubywrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 05:02 PM   #14
TT
Regular User

LOL about you scubywrxr, you're new to the group so still no stats anyway don't worry, we respect out 56kers Knights and you won't be thrown away from JW LOL
Old 11-02-2003, 05:17 PM   #15
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I better start reviewing. Dont have to much checks there
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote