Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-28-2006, 06:09 PM   #271
ARMAN
Regular User

Damn Love those pics, saved all of them That Ford is a badass

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #272
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Damn Love those pics, saved all of them That Ford is a badass
Glad you likes the pics. Laid on the ground to take the low, low pic of the rear! The rear window visibility shot came out OK too. Michael
Old 03-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #273
ARMAN
Regular User

It was worth the hassle Excelent pics, havent seen engine behind me in showroom ops: LOL probably cause I was too excited

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:34 PM   #274
davide
Regular User

Yes please pictures of the house! I love house design, bring 'em on!

And as TT said, we never say no to girls
Old 03-28-2006, 11:00 PM   #275
PATo355
Regular User

Just want to thank you for all your reviews , and say that you have a huge talent narrating your histories , ive read every one of them with a lot of joy ... and that help us dream a little , is like so personal ... great !!!

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 04:21 AM   #276
Rex
Regular User

Michael .. you are just awesome at sharing!! ... your GT2 color is very nice ...
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 AM   #277
spidey007
Regular User

WOW, holy cr*p

that are some nice cars ... :shock:

and I love the way you give your father credit (or how do you say it in english? (the way you thank your father) for the fact he made it possible for you to buy these beauties!!

I'll probably thank my father for a short period, but after a while I'll 'forget' that he made it possible that I could buy one ... ops:

I'mm probably the first to give you some negative feedback?
but I have the feeling your just buy cars randomly? ops: You don't seem like being really intrested in a certain car , before someone else told you how great it was ...
No offence

they are still nice cars

but I miss an Enzo (maybe too cliché) or a Maserati MC12

greetings
spidey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #278
sspikey
Regular User

Michael, What can i saw, Great collection Most of which i would own myself. I hate doing this but REALLY reccomend you go check out the new Z06. Had the chance tonight to chat up someone who owned one and i was very impressed. The owner has quite a few exotics and told me the Z06 is just astonishing. Have another friend out in Cali who might be getting one through a contact at Dealer price however he is no longer sure. If he backs out of the deal and your interested i could maybe help ya out with a contact because Chevy seems to have learnt "the game" with the new Z06 if you get my drift

Anyhow one question i really have is Why the CGT? Of all your cars it is my least favorite.....I find it really grossly priced for what it offers but i see them being sold fast. Saw one too and im a tiny guy at 5"8 120 pounds and thought it would be small in there for me and a passenger.

Oh and as for the next daily driver you should reallllly look into the new Supercharged range rovers. I absolutely LOVE them and they ride great i hear. Dont bother with the Cayenne turbo, its cool, its fast but i wouldnt its too much money and frankly i find my father's touareg way better looking. If you do love the cayenne and have that "oh no not again" feeling. there is the new Cayenne turbo S model out. This is not to be confused with the cayenne S (V8) its a uprated version of the Cayenne turbo with 521 HP

Anyways feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want some reccomendations.
sspikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #279
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Wow, how did I miss this thread!!!

2lambos, 2fezzas, ultimate porker and a GT!!!!

Welcome and thanx for the pics
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:12 AM   #280
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

Just read all the reviews!!! Wow, I wish more exotic car owners were like u!!! 8)
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:34 AM   #281
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by sspikey
...one question i really have is Why the CGT? Of all your cars it is my least favorite.....
The Porsche Carrera GT is one of the most beautiful, fastest, and most hardcore exotic cars out there right now. Maybe that answers your question!

Great read of the Ford GT Michael

Once again I enjoyed being you for 15 minutes and feeling like it was my car.

I have to say I'm really appreciative for the time and effort you put in for these reviews. Great Job.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:16 AM   #282
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by spidey007
WOW, holy cr*p

that are some nice cars ... :shock:

and I love the way you give your father credit (or how do you say it in english? (the way you thank your father) for the fact he made it possible for you to buy these beauties!!

I'll probably thank my father for a short period, but after a while I'll 'forget' that he made it possible that I could buy one ... ops:

I'mm probably the first to give you some negative feedback?
but I have the feeling your just buy cars randomly? ops: You don't seem like being really intrested in a certain car , before someone else told you how great it was ...
No offence

they are still nice cars

but I miss an Enzo (maybe too cliché) or a Maserati MC12

greetings
Absolutely no offense taken but I think somehow, somewhere you've misunderstood me. I DON'T buy cars at random...... I spend a lot of time on the internet researching a car that I might have an interest in. I obviously won't buy a car if some people tell me they've had problems with certain mechanical areas of a car or if the manufacturer doesn't stand behind their product.

Sure someone might tell me about a new car they've seen or heard about, but that doesn't mean I run right out and buy it. I only have so much financial capabiliity or I would have never got gotten rid of the Porsche GT2 and maybe some of the others. I wish I could buy an ENZO, but sorry to disappoint you, it would be necessary for me to sell at least three or four of the cars I have to buy one. They're selling for about 1.2 to 1.3 mil. That's heavy duty money! To me, even an Enzo wouldn't be worth giving up 3 or 4 of my others to have it. Plus, I only have garage space now for the cars I have. I really don't think you would want me to keep some new ones outside would you?

I'm interested in and love ALL my cars equally..... I say I don't have a favorite because it's true. Everytime I get in a car, that's the car I love for the day and I'm totally into that car and the thrill it gives me.

I'm sorry that you got the feeling I don't care about my cars. That's the farthest thing from the truth!! All you would have to do is be around me when talking to people and answering questions about a car and you would truly see my love for each and every car I own.

Take care, Michael [/i]
Old 03-30-2006, 09:25 AM   #283
lorbmw69
Regular User

i've seen like half of these cars on the road! it's not everyday you see a ferrari or Lambo in Ohio!

I play a lot of golf over at the youngstown country club and i've seen the 575 3 times and the Murci twice! Great collection. which porsche dealership did you buy the GT from? was it Fred Baker? they had a GT while i was in China i guess. I had no idea there where any in ohio....how did i miss this thread?!

1995 Saab 900 Turbo
lorbmw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #284
1st timer
Regular User

Wow,nice collection. You mind buying me a car too,lol.
Anyway good for you!Do you still manage the plazas?
1st timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #285
magwheel
Regular User

Default They seem to love Lamborghini at any age!

I have a little story that I thought you all would get a kick out of.

I was in my Pearl Green 06 Murcielago yesterday because it was finally beautiful outside for once here in northeastern Ohio. I had to go to our local post office yesterday to pick up my McLaren F1...... unfortunately it was a Maistro 1:18 scale die cast that I bought off eBay!

As I was coming out of the building and heading for my car, I hear "Hey Sir.... Hey Sir!" I turn around and it's this older man walking briskly towards me. As he approached, he was saying to me, "I saw your car and I wanted to come over and get a better look." He then asks me if I mind some questions and I say absolutely not. We started talking about the car and he says he is a car lover too and shows me his windbreaker with a 'Corvair' patch on the chest and says he belongs to the 'Corvair Club of America.'

He's freaking out over the car and asking me all kinds of questions. He says, "How much does it cost... $175.000?" No I told him, a little bit more to which his eyebrows raise. He drops that subject of price for a while and asks me about the engine, how many cylinders and what's the horsepower?

He then starts on the paint and says how much he really loves the color and how he bets I can be seen for miles away. I laugh at all the excitement the Lambo is giving him.

We then begin talking about Corvairs and I mention to him my parents had a 1964 Corvair station wagon that we all really liked but I ran it into a bridge one snowy day (slow speed - 15-20 mph cause of heavy snow) on my way home from some girls house after making out with her for an hour or so. I guess she really got me excited..... gimme a break......I was only 16 you know!

He was really great to talk to and very appreciative of my spending some time with him. He told me so.... several times! We must have talked for at least 20-30 minutes. A few other people came over too while we were talking.

Well, finally it seemed like he was ready to go but not without a few more questions and some pictures from every angle with his instamatic camera. He must have taken 8 - 10. I asked him if he wanted to sit inside the car but he declined because IMO, I think he was afraid he couldn't get back out! I offered to help him get inside but he declined again. Although he did bend over and look all around the interior and out the back window to which he said "you got to be kidding!"

He got back on the price of the car.... "$225K.. no?.. how about 275K?... no?....How about $300K?" I told him almost but the actual sticker was $308K. Phew! he said and then asked whether I owned any others and I told him what I had. He then pulled out a pen and a little scrap of paper and starting asking me to repeat all the specs, $308K, E-gear 6 speed, 580 HP, the name of the company and the name of the model of the car, etc. He's writing this down with the enthusiasm of a guy writing down the number of a beautiful blonde giving him her telephone number.

When he finished his questions, I had one for him. I figured him to be around 70. I asked..."I hope you don't mind but could you tell me how old you are?" "Sure he said, I'm 80!" He's 80 years old and is as excited about the car as I am! Unbelieveable!

He finally thanked me for the last time and went on his way but not without asking me if I could do him one more favor..... come down the street in front of him getting on the gas a little bit! How could I refuse this wonderful 'old man'.... could you? He didn't know it, but he had just made my day as much as I apparently made his. Thank you Ferruccio Lamborghini!! Michael